An Occupational Hazard

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Eleuthera said:
Days/comics like this it's really annoying to be colourblind (I can't differentiate between red and brown). I thought it was blood (and didn't get the joke) until the comments :(
Think of it this way. The way they talk you'd think they'd be killing themselves, but instead we're the only ones getting hurt. :D

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/2q3x.jpg/]

Before you open the next spoiler, try and guess which one is mud, and which one is blood.
Top one is brown, bottom one is red.

OT: Yeah. That's pretty much what they're doing. Safe to say they don't watch/listen to Jim. ;p

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Looks a bit like chocolate milk.

Still, I wouldn't want to be Erin.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
I would have appreciated stink lines, or some sort of reaction to the smell of the poop aside from the surprise of it coming out of his mouth. Y'know, what with there being more to the unpleasantness of poop than just its physicality.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Imp Emissary said:
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/2q3x.jpg/]

Before you open the next spoiler, try and guess which one is mud, and which one is blood.
I'd seen that one before, There seems to be more contrast this time though, so I got it right :D

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Awesome, I got the Destiny code!

OT: Accurate as far as EA goes.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Wait, what's the piss-joke? I get that he's puking diarrhea (or "talking shit"), but what's that piss-joke they mentioned?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I like how both poo and poop are tags, and that they lead to different networks of tagged articles. The Escapist's filing system is confusing, but entertaining.
In the event the comic of the day doesn't amuse me, I can always count on the tags to do it. What will be really funny is if someone else (Jim, Yahtzee, Moviebob, the LRR Crew) reuse them.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Well I was going to make a comment about how highbrow an nuanced this joke was but I see you beat me to it in the comment and tags.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
I would like to write off that particular comment as marketing idiocy but it sounds to me far too much like they are just planning to widen the hole a bit more before they finally stick it to people wholesale.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
TiberiusEsuriens said:
CEO Andrew Wilson: We screwed up. We punished players by trying to wring money out of them. We won't do that again.
Head of Mobile Frank Gibeau: People jsut weren't ready for how awesome it is. If we try again, maybe people will just give in this time.

I know CEOs talk pure marketing sometimes, but I REALLY want to know whether they actually disagree, or if Wilson is talking pure BS.
I feel like Wilson is just the only man in the room who is actually aware of how unpopular EA really is. It's like he's desperately trying to put out the fires, but those other asshats just keep pouring on more gasoline. Does Wilson actually care about the consumer? I don't think so. He probably agrees with their present business model. But he does care about EA's image, and I think he's the one somewhat sensible guy in the room trying to smooth things over. He doesn't care about you, of course, but EA's biggest problem isn't necessarily their business practices. It's their atrocious PR.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
It's a god damn shame that people don't literally overflow with their bs. Someone needs to engineer us a virus and make this happen.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Hoplon said:
008Zulu said:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?
I would say no. given they will do the same exact thing in the next 5 games.
Thus the subject of this week's Jimquisition.

ZZoMBiE13 said:
At this point I'd call EA's business model outright fraud.

Releases broken, shove it out the door and patch it when we can. "Oh.. people don't like it? Spin some PR nonsense, they'll buy it again in a year anyway."
This is what happens when the customers of an entire industry have no real power whatsoever to call them on their BS and hold them accountable for their actions. Companies like EA don't have any obligation at all to sell a fully functioning product that lives up to it's hype, in fact I'm surprised they even bother to patch them anymore.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
immortalfrieza said:
Hoplon said:
008Zulu said:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?
I would say no. given they will do the same exact thing in the next 5 games.
Thus the subject of this week's Jimquisition.

ZZoMBiE13 said:
At this point I'd call EA's business model outright fraud.

Releases broken, shove it out the door and patch it when we can. "Oh.. people don't like it? Spin some PR nonsense, they'll buy it again in a year anyway."
This is what happens when the customers of an entire industry have no real power whatsoever to call them on their BS and hold them accountable for their actions. Companies like EA don't have any obligation at all to sell a fully functioning product that lives up to it's hype, in fact I'm surprised they even bother to patch them anymore.
I agree. Gamers need a consumer advocacy group. We need someone with knowledge of the law who can hold them accountable.

The real problem is that games fall in a niche. Because they are software, they get the protection of no being able to return the item to the store if it is awful. And I understand that there are bad apples who would exploit that loophole if it were reversed. But what it does in effect is render the consumer powerless. Our one avenue to gain some recompense is used games and EA has been raging against that for, what, a decade at least now?

If you bought a car but didn't get the tires until 6 months later, you could complain to someone and get satisfaction. If a doctor screws up your knee, you can go to the medical board. Got sick at Outback Steakhouse? Call the health department. But EA takes every skeevey advantage of their situation.

There was a time when I defended them to a degree. When it felt like they were just trying to make middle of the road software, and I didn't see that as wholly bad. But after so many failed launches, after so many broken games that never work to their customers satisfaction, I have no choice but to feel that they damn well earned those "Worst Company In America" honors from Consumerist.

My kid wants to play Dragon Age: Inquisition. Honestly, I do too. But man do I hate to put money down for another EA product at this stage. It's almost certainly going to be broken and if not then it will be "innovated" to the point of DLC-palooza.

SirDerpy

May 4, 2013
You know, my favorite part of this comic were the tactically placed chunks of crap within the ocean of liquid crap itself.

Those execs never fail to amaze me with what comes out of their mouths...