An Occupational Hazard

Shanahanapp

Apr 8, 2013
I only see this becoming worse. "I think people are really over-reacting. I think people just weren't ready for an innovation as futuristic as releasing Battlefield Hardline with no textures or AI."

Mr. Clarinet

Sep 20, 2012
I love her 'it begins' expression when he starts puking. Oh and that random miffed employee riding the desk.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Lol, I'm betting that the guy on his desk in the second-to-last panel is thinking, "Ugh, protocl 546902 AGAIN?! It's the third time this week... At least we have regular safety drills."

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
ZZoMBiE13 said:
My kid wants to play Dragon Age: Inquisition. Honestly, I do too. But man do I hate to put money down for another EA product at this stage. It's almost certainly going to be broken and if not then it will be "innovated" to the point of DLC-palooza.
This is why I almost always wait until a game goes on sale at Steam or something before I buy it or get it used, especially from a company like EA. I'm not going to miss out on a great game just because the company is full of exploitative dicks, but they are also not going to get my money for it either. Besides, it's cheaper that way, so it's a win win. The only time I ever buy new or preorder is for games from companies with a proven track record, just because I want to support the ones that DO give a damn.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I'd say you were swinging at low-hanging fruit, but this is more on-point and relevant than most of the other comics these days, usually it's a 3-month late band-wagon jump. Although I will say that people in the comments section have made better jokes than the comic.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Heh. Sometimes I wonder if EA are just trolling gamers with their hate-inducing remarks.

I have to admit I'm amused by their antics. By Ubisoft too, BTW.
Cory's got the right idea though: don't get angry, but just point and laugh at them.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Hoplon said:
008Zulu said:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?
I would say no. given they will do the same exact thing in the next 5 games.
[EA]Oh we're so sorry our customers failed to understand how innovative our changes were. I hope our future efforts are better received.[/EA]

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
EWWWWWWWWWWWW this comic is icky, I hate scat humor. Why did you HAVE to show Frank Gibeau to make your point...

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Very immature, but it's the only reasonable response to EA at this point. Either way this is the funniest Critical Miss I've seen in a while.

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
You know, in all the responses to this comment over the past few days, of which there have been hundreds, I think we the gaming public have finally achieved unanimity. Literally NOBODY is defending this. I've never seen that before.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Eh, soft target, I feel. There's no way to repeat what they said without it sounding like a joke as it is.
At least they got an actual joke out of it this time:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/10106-The-War-Z

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Best part of this comic is that it's eco-friendly. No need to waste ink drawing a new cartoon when you can just copy-paste the whole thing, change the dialogue to something that a different CEO said, and then print. I don't think we'll ever run out of corporate backpedaling phrases to cram into that first frame and it'll still work with the rest of the comic.

OverEZ

Nov 12, 2011
Really, guys? REALLY? That's a light amount of shit for EA. You guys being paid off or something?