Analyst Calls PSP Go a "Ripoff"

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Jumplion said:
Darkrai said:
But yeah, Sony are con-artists. Why else would they sell a $600(now $400-$500) console and not include component cables for their High definition system that they bragged about?
I'd imagine that would increase the price a bit, or if it didn't they would sell more at a loss (marginally probably).

Plus. A majority of the PSP owners have it hacked already and a really stupid update (I heard from the Sony rep from my job) allows you to use your PS3 controller as the controller for your PSP? WTF!?
...What the hell? Isn't that what you guys were complaining about? Not being able to have a second analog stick? So it's an option that some games have, big deal, how the hell is it stupid? Because you'll never use it? It's meant for the whiners who complain about a second nub, not something to take seriously.
I respect you a lot Jumplion because you argue your fact and (i assume) stay in a calm mood. But most owners complain about the lack of the nub and the update (while I think is retarded because it should have had it)is useful, but kind of unnessessary. Unfortanely, I can't say if its a good or bad idea since I don't own one. However the rep says that "most of the psp owners like the idea, but the second nub is just there." According to Ed(the rep) that is. I see him at work tomorrow. So I'll give you the details about it.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
asinann said:
Jumplion said:
tendo82 said:
He might be right. I mean the PSP was $250 when it came out, back when it was state of the art. But to pay $250 now for a system that may or may not play my old PSP games and doesn't have a second analogue stick? It kind of seems like a raw deal.

I currently have six psp games on umd. What will become of them Sony? What about the children!?
Well if you already have a UMD PSP then why would there be a need to buy the Go? I know that when the Go is released or at around that time all PSP games from then on will be sold both in physical UMD and via digital distribution. I still don't know about previous UMD games to Digital, but couldn't you use a memory stick or something to port the save files there?
Because they are going to eventually stop making UMD games, probably not too long after the Go comes out or are going to implement some feature in the Go that is required by all the new games.
That will only happen once the true second generation PSP comes around if it had no UMD, AKA the PSP2. As I've stated, once the PSP Go! is released nearly every game from then on (After October 1) is going to be released both physically and digitally.

Once a PSP2 comes along with no UMD (And a second analog stick for those whiners :p), then it would most likely phase out UMDs though I'd imagine there would be some sort of support for that.
I remember Sony saying that about a few other things, the whole "we will continue to release both digitally and physically" thing.

In every format that they can do digital release only, Sony within a year of the statement went to digital only release. So unless they plan on altering their business model the UMD format will be phased out within a year. Whether they Go sells or not.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
asinann said:
I remember Sony saying that about a few other things, the whole "we will continue to release both digitally and physically" thing.

In every format that they can do digital release only, Sony within a year of the statement went to digital only release. So unless they plan on altering their business model the UMD format will be phased out within a year. Whether they Go sells or not.
What other formats? (At this point, you should probably say "Exactly" :p)

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
asinann said:

What other formats? (At this point, you should probably say "Exactly" :p)
Their MMO's are all digital distribution only in every location they can get away with it.