Analyst Says DJ Hero Demand "Well Below" Expectations

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
I am really getting sick of Activision and their bullshit tactics. They have EIGHT music games coming out this year. FUCKING EIGHT MAN!!

1. Guitar Hero: Metallica
2. Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
3. Guitar Hero: Van Halen
4. Guitar Hero 5
5. Band Hero
6. Some DS crap
7. Some more DS crap
8. DJ Hero

The DS crap has names, but i honestly don't care enough to look them up and refresh my memory. The point is... look at that. Each one of those games, minus the DS ones which i think are slightly cheaper, will cost $60... each. that's $360 dollars, not including any form of peripherals at all. Who the hell has that kind of money to throw around on all these music games?! Harmonix does it so much better... SO MUCH better! get one 60 dollar game, spend $5 on the liscense for RB1, maybe another 60 for Beatles if you want, i don't really care, but that still leaves $235 dollars for whatever songs you want off the DLC if you REALLY want to blow that much cash (or something more useful like a real guitar). And the best part is that you get to pick everyone of those DLC songs, where as with every Activision game, only about half of the songs are any good. That amount can fluctuate a little based on personal taste, but that's the average trend i've seen with people.

I guess the only thing i can say is when i saw that list, i signed off from Activision and their Hero games, i'm done. If i want a music fix, i'll go to Harmonix. The fact that they just churn out these games show how little they give a shit of the people who throw the money at them to buy it.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Well gee, I wonder why?

Those who have any kind of inclination to be the scratching/sampling/no-talent kind of dj's already ARE ones.

Bilbo536

Sep 24, 2009
Ugh I hate what's happening to this franchise. I loved Guitar Heros 1 through 3, but then they just tried to make too many games too fast (world tour, Metallica, Aerosmith, Beatles all in a short time span), they started letting more and more crappy songs in, they tried to throw in crappy gimmicks, and a bunch of other companies copied the concept to make another whole group of overmade, gimmicky instrumental simulator games with crapy songs. It could have stayed great, but it was just done to death.

R.I.P. the Guitar Hero franchise

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, I'm actually not surprised that this game flopped. I think one of the reasons is because, well, the whole DJ thing's been done before. I can't remember the name of the game title exactly, but a good friend of mine had it and it was quite good. And I won't buy this game because it looks uniteresting and it looks like it plays way too much like Guitar Hero. Besides, I think I lost interest in the GH franchise 'roud the second game. I'm not too much of a fan of rythm games outside of DDR and/or Rock Band and they're both at least fun, so that's another factor in my total disinterest in this game.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
FloodOne said:
Mcface said:
I laugh at all of the sheep who play these games.
Its the same overused DDR crap, for 100 bucks a pop.
I laugh at all the sheep who buy FPS after FPS. It's the same overused Doom crap for $60 a pop.

See... I can be an ass too.
Well, at least you can admit it. That's the first step towards recovery.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
Space Cowgirl said:
Yeah, I'm actually not surprised that this game flopped. I think one of the reasons is because, well, the whole DJ thing's been done before. I can't remember the name of the game title exactly, but a good friend of mine had it and it was quite good. And I won't buy this game because it looks uniteresting and it looks like it plays way too much like Guitar Hero.
Beatmania? There was one release of it in the U.S., which was gimped compared to the 13 Japanese arcade and 14 PSX releases (kind of like the PSX DDR U.S. releases).

I'm the proud owner of the Renegade Edition (mock me if you must), and I love it. The gameplay is VASTLY different from GH, and it took me less than an hour to get used to it.
[For reference, I play GH on Hard and RB drums on Medium.]