"And you call yourself a gamer?!"

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Torrasque said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Trezu said:
You Never Played LoZ: OoT

You are not a Zelda Fan
Well, fiddlesticks. The fact that I got an N64 after it was out of production and a Game Cube when the PS3 was out makes me a non-Zelda fan.

Now I can't think of why I even played, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass and the original on NES.
The fact remains that OoT is hands-down the best Zelda game ever made. I know alot of people that haven't played any other Zelda game and mostly play shooters, that still put OoT in their top 10 games.
Heh. The fact remains that not once did I ever say or hint that Ocarina of Time was considered a 'lesser' game in my opinion. You surely missed my sarcastic remark at the very notion that because you have not played Ocarina of Time, you cannot be a fan of Zelda.

The idea that a person who hasn't played 'one' game in the series, you're not a fan of said series just because it's in your opinion the best game of the series, comes off as either a joke or a very dumb statement.

Then what would you call a person who plays a game series numerous secuels and prequels, reads info of things from said series and watches things in relation to the series, even buying and wanting things in real life that were based off things in the series?

Even getting excited about rumours of a new game in said series coming out soon?

Apparently not a 'fan'. As I am such a person, yet I have not been able to play Ocarina of Time. From not being able to get the game in stores(including the 3DS version wich was sold out when I went to numerous places to buy it)either from lack of money, lack of a proper console or lack of the game being in stock.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Torrasque said:
Layzor said:
I have an acquaintance that calls herself a "Fallout Girl", t-shirts and everything. Only played 3 and New Vegas.
OW MY BRAIN.
Thats like kids these days that say they are Pokemon fans, but have only played Gen 3+.
Or worse yet, have only played Black and White >.>
I played all gens. my favorite was the 2nd. it stuck to me the most.

You don't know who Kirby is? And you call yourself a gamer.

... I used this one before.
You never played shadow of the Colossus before? And you call yourself a gamer.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
You didn't prefer Lara's boobs when they were pointy triangles?

You liked wandering around in Fallout 3 more than watching Fallout 1 and 2 play themselves while you hoped a super mutant wouldn't insta-kill you with a freak critical?

You like bright sunny cheerful fields and voices in Oblivion more than brown dank swamps and walls of text in Morrowind?

You like games to be tough but fair and not maddeningly frustrating because of shit controls and mechanics?

You can't run Crysis on highest settings on your rig?

You play the Wii?

...and you call yourself a gamer?????

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
you dont rage and ***** cause your losing an online game,your not an elitist!

yes no one actually says that,but that doesnt make it less true. thats why i play in clans/guilds. when your friends with everyone/mostly everyone,you can really enjoy yourself either you win or lose. besides isnt that was gaming is about? to have fun? mini-rant over >.>

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Asuka Soryu said:
Torrasque said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Trezu said:
You Never Played LoZ: OoT

You are not a Zelda Fan
Well, fiddlesticks. The fact that I got an N64 after it was out of production and a Game Cube when the PS3 was out makes me a non-Zelda fan.

Now I can't think of why I even played, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass and the original on NES.
The fact remains that OoT is hands-down the best Zelda game ever made. I know alot of people that haven't played any other Zelda game and mostly play shooters, that still put OoT in their top 10 games.
Heh. The fact remains that not once did I ever say or hint that Ocarina of Time was considered a 'lesser' game in my opinion. You surely missed my sarcastic remark at the very notion that because you have not played Ocarina of Time, you cannot be a fan of Zelda.

The idea that a person who hasn't played 'one' game in the series, you're not a fan of said series just because it's in your opinion the best game of the series, comes off as either a joke or a very dumb statement.

Then what would you call a person who plays a game series numerous secuels and prequels, reads info of things from said series and watches things in relation to the series, even buying and wanting things in real life that were based off things in the series?

Even getting excited about rumours of a new game in said series coming out soon?

Apparently not a 'fan'. As I am such a person, yet I have not been able to play Ocarina of Time. From not being able to get the game in stores(including the 3DS version wich was sold out when I went to numerous places to buy it)either from lack of money, lack of a proper console or lack of the game being in stock.
Well no, you can still be a fan of Zelda even though you haven't played OoT before.
Just like you can be a fan of CoD even though you haven't played CoD4. CoD4 is regarded as being one of the best CoD games of the franchise, yet I know people who have played every CoD BUT 4. They are still fans :p

I just think a person should play OoT sometime in their gaming life to consider themselves a true fan of the series.
Just like if you were to call yourself a fan of a certain band, but never have heard their best song.
If anything, it'll just make you a stronger, more dedicated fan :D

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
You haven't played the Half-Life/Portal/Bioshock/Deus Ex/Team ICO's games series? And you call yourself a gamer?

I've never played any of those, but I don't call myself a gamer. I freaking hate labels...

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
You've never heard of Zero Punctuation? and you call yourself a gamer.....

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Dreamfiller said:
You dont live in the forest in a shack, eat bread made from flour and half of wood powder and wrestle with bears?! And you call your self FINNISH?!

Joking of some wierd finnish man stereotype.

But, gaming.

You didnt find the computer room? And you call your self a gamer?! -Shadow The Hedgehog i think.

Whats a Finnish? Did you misspell Finish? As in to finish a race?

All kidding aside I have never heard that stereotype before.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
SoopaSte123 said:
"You illegally download games, then use cheats to play through them just so you can watch the cut-scenes and you call yourself a gamer? Seriously??"
...actually, I'm kinda on board with that one. I mean, that is pretty much taking all the "game" elements out of gaming...

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
you juggle ice cream cones while high, riding a rainbow unicorn?

And you call yourself a GAMER?

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Here's a good one. "You never played polybius? And you call yourself a gamer?"

I made it up, but you get my point. Didn't make the game name up though. Search for it, it's a really famous gaming myth.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
mikespoff said:
SoopaSte123 said:
"You illegally download games, then use cheats to play through them just so you can watch the cut-scenes and you call yourself a gamer? Seriously??"
...actually, I'm kinda on board with that one. I mean, that is pretty much taking all the "game" elements out of gaming...
Yep, I agree completely, too, cuz it was me who said it haha. Directed at my old roommate... though he also claims they're not video games, they're "interactive movies".

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
SoopaSte123 said:
mikespoff said:
SoopaSte123 said:
Yep, I agree completely, too, cuz it was me who said it haha. Directed at my old roommate... though he also claims they're not video games, they're "interactive movies".
Ah, so a Final Fantasy fan, then? :)