And you thought planking was stupid.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Hero in a half shell said:
novixz said:
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
I actually laughed, and many of the vendors seemed to laugh or at least be slightly amused by the oddness. It's a completely dumb thing to do, but kinda funny the first time you see it, and I'm sure none of the fast food workers had their days ruined by it.
Yeah but it's going to get real old real soon. I have a friend who says cool story bro a lot, it use to be funny, but know it's annoying as fuck man. If they deal with it day in and day out it's going to get real tiring and annoying.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Ahh people who do stupid crap for no reason, gotta love 'em. Society can never have enough light-hearted silliness. Just embrace the joy man. :)

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
novixz said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
Uhhh what. The Mcdonalds workers seemed to enjoy it. I know I wouldn't mind if I were working a drive thru and someone did that, working at Mcdonalds is boring as shit, so if anything amusing happens I'd be happy.

The first time I saw this I did actually laugh a little. So drop your "What's wrong with humanity" attitude. Some people are having a little fun, I don't understand why that bothers you.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
Why are you attacking this and not "Two and a Half Men" or the new Smurfs movie?

Some stupid fad should be far below your "WHAT AM WRONG WITH WORLD" scale when compared to something millions of people have been watching for years.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Glerken said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
Uhhh what. The Mcdonalds workers seemed to enjoy it. I know I wouldn't mind if I were working a drive thru and someone did that, working at Mcdonalds is boring as shit, so if anything amusing happens I'd be happy.

The first time I saw this I did actually laugh a little. So drop your "What's wrong with humanity" attitude. Some people are having a little fun, I don't understand why that bothers you.
I'm just saying it's going to get real old really fast. I know it brings them a bit of laughter in their day, but I'm sure after a while they'll want to smash in the smug teenagers face with a shovel for doing it.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Eh. I'd rather sift through a ton of these sort of videos than have YouTube clogged up with Happy Slapping, Ghost Riding or Tombstoning. 'Least nobody's getting hurt cone-ing.

Plus, the world could always use a little more light hearted frivolity.

Also, I've never heard of Owling. I'mma go look it up now.

Dusty Fred

Aug 3, 2011
novixz said:
I'm with you on that, cynicism is the way to go.

I'm all up for a bit immaturity, but don't try and tell me it's an activity with a proper name like 'planking' or 'cone-ing' or whatever. You're with your mates and you feel like behaving like a feckless dolt. Fine, but it isn't something worthy of filing under Hobbies and Interests.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Doing impulsive acts on a whim: yes
Doing the same thing over and over again: Nooo.

@ sober thai
I think that's just the difference between being funny and being a douche.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Its silly, harmless, and gains people some smiles and awkward glances. The last thing I can see is it being harmful or detrimental, nor is it lowering the iq of the world... So yeah, whatever. I think its kinda cute. Learn to relax and enjoy the little things.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Vrach said:
Thanks, this thread can now be used as a case in point answer to all the "Why does the rest of the world think Americans are idiots" threads :p
What the hell is wrong with you? Just because America came up with it, the country is automatically labeled as dumb? I'm sure when you were a kid, you followed some stupid trends or did some stupid shit. What world are you living in where an entire country is dumb because one person did something stupid? Their is bound to be somebody you know who does stupid things in your country and you don't think less of your country for it, yet you come over here and attack America because just a few people do it. Get off your high-fucking horse and stop thinking less of people you hardly know.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Paul Palumbo said:
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I don't really get it.
"Look at me, I grabbed the wrong end of the ice cream cone!! Aren't I hilarious?!?!"
No, you are not. Just stupid.
This pretty much sums up my feelings about 99% of the internet and trolling in general.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
novixz said:
Glerken said:
novixz said:
novixz said:

I'm just saying it's going to get real old really fast. I know it brings them a bit of laughter in their day, but I'm sure after a while they'll want to smash in the smug teenagers face with a shovel for doing it.
Im sure they don't have a multitude of people pulling up one after another harmlessly grabbing the ice cream rather than the cone... If thats the case, they have a VERY small town...

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Vrach said:
Thanks, this thread can now be used as a case in point answer to all the "Why does the rest of the world think Americans are idiots" threads :p
Indeed,Hell I'm American and I think Americans are idiots,and they seem to prove that they're on the ball with that.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
If you were the first person, like if this guy thought it up, and said "Let's grab cones by the top and see reactions", that's funny cuz it obviously was.

Being the umpteen-thousandth person to do it, then you're an unoriginal sheep perpetuating the dying of brain cells by telling people to watch it. However, this is at least funny to the workers while it's new. So there are worse trends. Planking videos, however, kill brain cells.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, its fairly harmless, no-one's getting hurt, and if he actually thought of it, he's sure as hell got the right to do it, and most of the staff just thought 'woo, it's a nutter' (tho the one that assumed he was gonna throw it shows how these people can be treated).

The only mild problem is if it becomes a genuine internet craze it'll stop being remotely amusing as thousands of people buy ice creams every day to do that. Course, it's still harmless and McD's will rake in a few thousand bucks a day extra.

The ideal thing would be if the staff knew about it and just flatly didn't react, the moment there's no reaction people would quit it.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
My friends and I are actually planning on ordering an ice cream cone, saying into my cell phone, "I'm on it!" and then popping it ice cream-down on top of the roof of my car (like a police siren), and then making "wee-ooh, wee-ooh, wee-ooh" noises as I drive out of the drive-thru.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
novixz said:
Vrach said:
What the hell is wrong with you? Just because America came up with it, the country is automatically labeled as dumb? I'm sure when you were a kid, you followed some stupid trends or did some stupid shit. What world are you living in where an entire country is dumb because one person did something stupid? Their is bound to be somebody you know who does stupid things in your country and you don't think less of your country for it, yet you come over here and attack America because just a few people do it. Get off your high-fucking horse and stop thinking less of people you hardly know.
So the emoticon at the end just slipped by your radar then? Simmer down, he was kidding. For someone with a pony avatar you have a turrible short fuse.