Angriest a game has gotten you

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
When pathfinding breaks in RTS games (like the Total War series) and causes you to lose an important, long-lasting battle that you were on the verge of heroically winning. I usually have to stop playing for a long time when that happens.

The angriest I've ever been from an in-game event was during Heavy Rain, in the fight scene between Madison and the doctor.
Right after the second-most terrifying experience in gaming I've had, my character seems to have been knocked unconscious, and I felt certain that the psycho surgeon was going to gruesomely kill her. Suddenly, at 4:53, she sits up with a drill in her hand and brings it to his chest. I was literally screaming in rage, jamming X and shaking the controller as violently as I ever have until that sick bastard was dead. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when I remember it lol.

Xavisam

Dec 2, 2010
Trying to play through the first Farcry on challenging difficulty.
after getting directly hit by a rocket shot from 100 metres, whilst I'm lying prone in dense forest using my binoculars, for the third time.

... had to give myself a time out

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I once rage-quit while playing Legend of Dragoon and literally destroyed Disc 1 with a hammer against a cement block. I owned two copies of the game (because the disc in question was scratched beyond playability) so it wasn't like I was destroying something of actual worth. Still, made me feel better.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
J03bot said:
Dragon Age 2. Not because anything was broken.
A number of unfavourable events transpire with relation to your family, and then you find out that certain other people may have been involved with those events, and then I got angry and killed everything.
Surprisingly immersive game.
How about when another person commits an unspeakable act of sheer terrorism. That pissed me off big time.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, during the bomber mission. The flying machine is already a pain in the ass to control, and now you're gonna make me shoot a messenger on horseback? Pretty much have to be really lucky, and boy did that part piss me off more than a few times.

Sullo

Jun 27, 2011
On a Tony Hawk game I would always come short of making a combo to beat a mission. It made me mad, so I threw my controller several times until a part of it just chipped off. Another time I was playing Madden with my brother. The PS2 was on top of a dresser, and we were pulling the controllers when we got a tackle or touchdown. Combined, we managed to pull a PS2 off the top of a dresser and still have it work!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Woah, There is some serious rage going on here.

I got the most rage when I died in Demon's Souls and lost about 5 million souls. Due to a cheap tactic from a monster In the shrine of storms...

Fuck the backstabbing small shadows.

Alucard832

Sep 6, 2010
God of War. Hades - it was an absolutely terrible level. The developers admitted to and apologized for not actually play-testing it. It actually wasn't that until one platforming section: a rotating, erratically spiked pillar that you had to climb. It was set in a wall so that only 180 degrees of the pillar was exposed, and the paths you were trying to climb would disappear quickly. Did I say paths? I meant path - there was only one correct way which you could only find through agonizing trial and error. If you got stuck between a spike and the wall, you died. If you tapped a spike, which had a fucking ridiculously huge hitbox in comparison to the rest of the climbable area, you fell to the bottom and might as well have died. The pillar is fucking huge; taking like 2 minutes of climbing if you knew exactly what to do. After over an hour spent climbing wrong paths, screwing up the ridiculously strict timing, etc, I reached the top seething with rage. The group of enemies that spawned there, among the hardest in the game, were mercilessly brutalized.

I go a little ways further only to find another even larger pillar. There had been no save point after the first. I tried the pillar once, then turned off the game with no intention of ever playing it again. Even if I was completely capable in terms of skill (not that skill was involved in such poor game design), and eventually capable of finding the patience, I was not going to play the game based on principle. I only ever beat it because a month or so later a friend was at my house and asked if I ever finished the game. I explained the situation to him, and he volunteered to play. I didn't watch him do it. He must have had the patience of a saint because he didn't go any faster or die any less than I did. He eventually got past the two pillars, and got me. We beat the rest of the game with a bad aftertaste leftover from Hades. I swear to God that fighting your own way out of Hades would be easier than that level in God of War.

Garchomp445

Jun 28, 2011
There are two types of games that can frustrate me: multiplayer online FPS's and Pokemon games.
Let's start with multiplayer FPS's. When I was years younger FPS's used to frustrate me a lot more, thoughts like "how could that guy shoot me from over there" kept me frustrated, but recently, while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on multiplayer, I realized that I wasn't getting frustrated at all. Even when playing TF2 I can console myself with: It's making someone else happy or something like that. The only thing I can't stand is the turrets! Emotionless, motionless, invulnerable to random shotgun shells, AND it shoots 4 missiles! Actually I've had some really funny experiences with turrets. Once I tried to jump onto the floor from a ledge with a turret facing me, and... well... I was literally blasted backwards from whence I came. It was pretty sweet, but after forgetting that everyone is refusing to get rid of it, getting blasted into a wall isn't quite as amusing.
Now for pokemon games... first, to counter all of the hateful things I'm about to say about Zubat, I honestly love pokemon. They could make a cheese carpet pokemon and I would still buy the games. I really like Zubat too. It is quite unique, very cute, and evolves into a really cool pokemon (I'm talking about Crobat, not Golbat). Anyway, that's not what you're here for!
This all started when I was in a cave. This has also happened to me in EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME I OWN. It goes kinda like this: Some of my pokemon are weakened, one is still good, so I send it out, expecting a quick battle. It's just a mountain climber. So he manages to paralyze my pokemon. Still, no biggie, hasn't stopped me before, right? I beat that pokemon. Then he sends out Zubat. Always Zubat. Zubat has the stupidest combination of moves ever though. It has leech life, hypnosis, and supersonic. This means that if I wasn't paralyzed, it could also inflict me with sleep. So, now i'm paralyzed, confused, and my opponet is leeching my life. Still not a problem, if I can get one hit off, I win.
Several freaking minutes later, and you find me raging and crying at the top of my lungs, utterly frustrated that my Pokemon can't hit this unnmoving, blind, bat. The pokemon eventually faints, I send out another pokemon and then win.
The closssest I've ever come to breaking anything is when I almost punched my gameboy advance sp, pushing the screen back a little (I mean rotating it so it's more open). I instantly apologized to it, then gave it a back rub and some cookies.
I probably messed up some grammar there...

JSF16

Jul 8, 2011
CoD MW2

How the hell do they kill me by randomly throwing grenades? Or WHY does the damn predator ALWAYS go for me? Why are they always popping out to shoot me a the EXACT moment I'm sprinting?

And of course, the greatest rage-inducer for me is.

THE. FUCKING. KILLSTREAKS.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Playing Dead Or Alive 4, trying to beat all story missions with all characters, and saved the old guy (who's name escapes me) for last. The boss in this game was MOTHERFUCKING UNFAIRLY DIFFICULT, with at least one counter/grapple (still not sure what they were) that took off a good third of your health even if you were on the one section of floor that didn't explode when you got hit into it, five or six hit combos that were literally all it did otherwise, and the ability to just randomly teleport for the fuck of it. The only way I beat the little freak with other characters was with charging attacks or fast (very fast) combos and power hits, something the old guy simply didn't do. I could actually hear the plastic creaking on the controller from how hard I was holding it, and I damn near hurled it through the TV screen.

Alucard832

Sep 6, 2010
Logic 0 said:
I broke down into tears when playing FFX because I missed the sun sigil by one second.
I'm so sorry. Had it been me, I would have lost the will to live and wasted away on my couch. I knew something like that would happen, and actually opted to farm enough dark matters for Break Damage Limit (among the other top-tier attributes) from the monster arena.

Ruiner87

Jul 23, 2008
I've yelled pretty fucking loud at my TV when I'm playing Halo and Call of Duty, but I don't think I've ever managed to break anything. I think the closest I ever got was when I damaged my headset a little bit, but even then, it still worked perfectly.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
i've had a few but my favourite one was when i was about.....oh goodness probably 7-8ish...maybe a little older

i was playing the toy story 2 video game and i was on the "al's apartment" level, for those of you that have not played this game the aim is to run around the levels as buzz lightyear, collecting pizza planet tokens, and there was this on e jump, a simple double jump that i could not for the life of me make, i cried, yelled and stoped gaming for about a month.....that part of the game almost killed my nerdism there and then, for a month of my life i was almost.....popular....scary i know ^^

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I broke my first DS Lite after dying in a normal battle in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time...Snapped it in two =(

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
I don't exactly remember the game, but I once stabbed my screen with a mini LOTR Sting sword.
Now I have to deal with that hole every time I play a game.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Only sports games. I've broken more controllers (one) playing NCAA than any other game