Angriest a game has gotten you

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Not technically the game but after slogging through a tough mission on Guild Wars and having my internet connection drop out mid boss fight, not happy.

Hit my new pc, turned itself off. Not cool.

Sep 9, 2007
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 4, since i absolutely refused to grind levels until the second to last boss, all of the midgame to lategame bosses were stupidly difficult. On two seperate occasions the only thing stopping me from getting stuck were SP restoring potions for Yukiko, not to mention the fact that i'd used the last little baby auto revive potions they give you if you're on Beginner on Shadow Rise

Yeah needless to say i raged all the way through the mid to lategame dungeons
A friend of mine and I started playing P4 earlier this year. While I've been going ok (I'm up to Rise's dungeon atm) my friend isn't so lucky. He was attempting to rush Kanji's dungeon, got about 3/4 through the dungeon *without* saving and was unlucky enough to be caught by surprise by a group of magus. To cut a long story short, he was combo'd to death and has refused to play the game again to this day. Oh, and we're both playing on normal, so we don't get the auto revive items.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Tekken 5 going through the campaign mode with every character to get the special wooden dude. Oh.My.God was I tired of those freaking fights. I wouldnt beat the final boss with Jin, because he sucks, and I slammed my hand so hard to my side I broke my friends futon. Oh well:p

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh. You people make me seem even-tempered.

Whenever a game really pisses me off I just imagine that one of the developers is standing right next to me so I can tell them exactly what I think of their crappy game.

The last one to induce such a fantasy was The Witcher 2.

silversnake4133

Mar 14, 2010
Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon gold.

The worst I ever did to those games was bit the cartridges. Other than that game failures don't really bother me.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Herbsk said:
Legend of Dragoon - When they killed off Lavitz.

That made me quite angry.
Spoiler alert?

OT: I was playing Wii Play and trying to get the platinum medal but I kept failing. I eventually threw my Wii mote against the wall and broke it. I tried to get the platinum medal a year later and got it on my first try.

chazweber

Oct 18, 2010
Minecraft when i finally collected some great stuff and could not make it back to my base.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The Eupho Guy said:
The Wykydtron said:
A friend of mine and I started playing P4 earlier this year. While I've been going ok (I'm up to Rise's dungeon atm) my friend isn't so lucky. He was attempting to rush Kanji's dungeon, got about 3/4 through the dungeon *without* saving and was unlucky enough to be caught by surprise by a group of magus. To cut a long story short, he was combo'd to death and has refused to play the game again to this day. Oh, and we're both playing on normal, so we don't get the auto revive items.
I was planning to play on Normal, but the words "you will not be able to change difficulty without starting a new game" made me back out and choose Beginner. 'Cause i knew i would get stuck about halfway through. Though i spent the first half of the game wondering how i got the cool auto revive items since i skipped through the explaination of them.

Oh and as a heads up some of the later dungeons seem designed to prevent rushing...

>open the door?
>yes
>no
"hmm i've already killed the miniboss so this must be a cutscene!"

Second Miniboss: "sup"
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TheSnesDuckling

Apr 3, 2011
Trackmania. Enough said. I got up, knocked down a speaker, threw a pillow into the tv, knocked down a standing fan behind me and kicked on the floor until I got to my senses. And the two friends in the room with me almost got punched. Yeah. I know.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
I was yelling up a storm when I played Tekken... something. I don't remember which one. The one that had the single player campaign for the one guy who could turn into a demon thing. Anywho there was a boss at the end of the arcade mode that had a cheap ass beam attack that was impossible to dodge or block, so you had to kill the boss fast before he got to many shots off. I wasn't that good at the game, so I died upwards of 60 times. Per character. That was one of my first experiences with fighting games. The first was Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, and SC4 also made me want to kill people because of how stupidly hard it got after a very short time, with no tutorial. That still pisses me off, because it was a fairly good game with the exception of that. Also the fact that there was no campaign like there was in SCIII.

Mr. Underson

Mar 28, 2011
Killzone 2. It has to have the worst controls for an FPS that I've ever used. Combine that with infinitely respawning enemies and a shitty cover system and you've got yourself a frustrating game. I've quit trying to finish it now. Fuck Killzone.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Shadow of the Colossus. Last one. I've been stuck for two weeks. Right now, I'm the middle of at attempt that has lasted about half an hour. I've climbed all the way up the thing three times already, only to get knocked off and climb up again. I finally make it to the top of it's head(for the fourth time) and start stabbing. Unfortunately, he's going crazy and has started swing his head around almost constantly, making it more or less impossible to get a good stab in. Fortunately, his health is extremely low, so that one good stab ought to finish him off. After swinging around for what MUST have been around 5 minutes (a long time to be clinging to the head of sky-scraper having a seizure) I manage to stab him once. It takes away all of his health, but he's still alive. Seriously: His health is SO SMALL THAT IT IS NO LONGER VISIBLE IN THE BAR and he is still alive. Literally ANYTHING at this point will kill him. So the next time he stops moving for a second, I raise my sword....And get thrown off.

But it's OK! I've landed right next to one of those secret tunnels you use to get close to him! As soon as Wander wakes up, I just have to roll into it and I climb up there again and finish him off! Any second now....get ready....here it comes......

GAME OVER

That's right, Wander's not unconscious, he's dead. And that concludes this 40 MINUTE ATTEMPT. You're DAMN RIGHT I threw a controller.
Dude, that really sucks. But believe me, the ending will be worth it. (Assuming you haven't beaten the last colossus yet.)

OT: I remember Final Fantasy 9's final boss pissing me off quite a bit the first time I played through the game. I knew he wasn't going to be easy, but god damn it, was he hard. What really pissed me off was his Grand Cross attack, which inflicts random status ailments on your entire party. Including ones you can't protect yourself from, such as mini, trouble, zombie, and DEATH.

I spent several turns getting my party back into shape, and right when I got everyone back into fighting shape, he casts Grand Cross AGAIN. Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed at this point. He then proceeded to follow up with an attack that wiped out my party. So I ended up back at the last save point, where I had to fight through the boss before him AGAIN. I found myself very frustrated at this point.

Took me four tries to beat the guy, but once I finally did, I yelled and shouted obscenities at the screen. Thankfully my parents weren't home. >_>

Also, sort of on-topic, I found this video of a guy fighting Clock Tower 3's final boss:

MattyintheHatty

Feb 3, 2011
Not me... But a friend of mine threw his SNES controller into his TV when we were like 12. It was pretty epic, I don't recall what he was playing but he was some pissed.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Persona 3 FES, in The Answer bit, just Yukari in general made me want to punch babies.
Basically, they turned a semi-likeable character into a whiny self-centred cow who insults her friends when they practically have to work together to get out of the time stoppy-thing.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Wow, the angriest I got was flipping off the TV for various games having stupid bosses with cheap moves. I also say, "That's bullshit." or "I call hacks." or, my most recent favorites, "I blame the Wii." (I do not own a Wii), and my most common, "Oh, you whore!"

My friend though...he's thrown controllers and refused to play the game for a week or two.

He also once punched me in the leg when I said that he'd get a Panzerschrek from the random weapon box in Nazi Zombies. He got it. Seriously, what are the chances? XD