Angry Minnesotans Take 3D Printer Away From Gunmaker

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
ravenshrike said:
Do4600 said:
ravenshrike said:
Oddly enough, these predictions NEVER come to pass.
"On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen other people were shot during a public meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, near Tucson, Arizona. Six of those shot died, including Arizona District Court Chief Judge John Roll; one of Rep. Giffords' staffers; and a nine-year-old child, Christina-Taylor Green. Giffords was holding a constituent meeting called "Congress on Your Corner" in the parking lot of a Safeway store when prosecutors allege Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head, subsequently firing on other people."

Extended magazines allowed? Supermarket's awash with blood.
Standard glock 19 magazine size is 17 rounds. Witnesses placed between 15 and 20 shots fired before he tried to reload. He didn't actually use the 33 round capacity. Then he drops the reload. Then someone hits him with a chair. Not seeing how extended mags helped him.
I can't believe you're arguing this. He used half the magazine and injured 20 people, of those 20 six of them died from their injuries. Now imagine what would have happened if he had actually used the whole magazine that was available to him?

Or take the 2012 Aurora shooting. Guy had 138 shots between all his weapons. Injured 70, killed 12 and could have been so much worse if the drum magazine he was using hadn't malfunctioned a third of the way into it.

If the only guns citizens had legal access to had six shots; when people go absolutely crazy, which they always will, it would at least mitigate the damage a single person can do. That's what I want, I want to limit the individual killing power a single person can have in this country. Because they don't need excessive killing power, we have things called laws and also things called police which deter crime. This isn't Darfur, there aren't roaming gangs of heavily armed people bent on killing you on sight. If you can name a single feasible situation within the continental United States where you would need to fire 100 5.56 cartridges without reloading in order to survive I would love to hear it.