Angry PC Gamer Skips MW2, Sends 60 Bucks to DICE Instead

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Furburt said:
Us PC gamers are an angry tribe, mistreat us and we'll impale your head on a stick sooner than you can say 'equal experience across all platforms'
Other wise known self entitled whiners who think their better than everyone else.

Jul 9, 2008
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
I honestly think this entire thing is being blown way out of proportion. Heaven forbid that the gloruis PC master-race has to pay the same price or deal with the same bullshit console gamers do. However, ad a matter of principal,this is pretty damned funny. Probably won't amount to Jack shit compared to DICE's budget, but it's an interesting gesture. I prefer Battlefield anyways. I think DICE should go back to making games like Battlefield 2.Christ that game is fun.
Actually, now they have to pay an exorbitant amount more than console gamers. And this effects console gamers as well, since they're taking our party chat.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
An interesting gesture, symbolic, iconic, and with deep seated meaning embedded into it alongside themes of betrayal, vengeance, and retaliation.

Is that worth $60?

Fuck yes.

khululy

Aug 17, 2008
What happend to the "by gamers for gamers" principle? oh wait that was Interplay... nevermind that.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
orannis62 said:
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
I honestly think this entire thing is being blown way out of proportion. Heaven forbid that the gloruis PC master-race has to pay the same price or deal with the same bullshit console gamers do. However, ad a matter of principal,this is pretty damned funny. Probably won't amount to Jack shit compared to DICE's budget, but it's an interesting gesture. I prefer Battlefield anyways. I think DICE should go back to making games like Battlefield 2.Christ that game is fun.
Actually, now they have to pay an exorbitant amount more than console gamers. And this effects console gamers as well, since they're taking our party chat.
party chat isn't that big of deal, not enough to hurt the game

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Malygris said:
Saying PC gamers were unhappy with the change would be like describing Niagara Falls as a bit dampish on Thursdays.
Ah, hah. As a Canadian, I find this very funny.

Anyway.

I understand he's trying to make a point, and he does it quite well, but... Why not just buy another game with that money, then? Maybe I'm just too lethargic to understand these things.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I see this whole controversy as just more proof of the sad, sad fact that multiplayer makes the game these days.
"These days"? FPS games have always and will always be all about multiplayer.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
wow the guy either has some balls or is an idiot however you want to look at it

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Spygon said:
i still cant see why there was more of an uproar over the lack of dedicated servers than to the price hike.I know it only effects the uk at the moment but doesnt anybody else see where this will end.
I do, that's why I'm no longer purchasing a product with the Activision logo stamped onto it.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I see this whole controversy as just more proof of the sad, sad fact that multiplayer makes the game these days.
"These days"? FPS games have always and will always be all about multiplayer.

Mecha-Hitler tends to disagree
Right, because the first 2 FPS games ever (Wolfenstein and Doom) should negate the fact that FPS games have been a multiplayer haven for the past 20 years.

Jul 9, 2008
philzibit said:
orannis62 said:
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
party chat isn't that big of deal, not enough to hurt the game
For me it is, I'm having the most fun in a big party with mostly everyone playing different games. That was enough to make me choose Assassin's Creed 2 over MW2.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
So wait, he sends the money to a company that made games where you had to buy DLC to get an edge (i.e. the first Bad Company) to protest the business choices of Activision/Infinity Ward who are also after your money?

...I don't think he thought this through.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
So instead of buy BF BC2 when it comes out for $60.00 he sends DICE $60.00 instead and will pry have to pay another $60.00 when BF: BC2 comes out? I don't think Eddie thought this through that well.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Well, it seems to be a hasty decision, but it wasn't going to Activision, so he gets a thumbs up from me.

Then again, he's gonna have to pay 60 bucks again to get Battlefield when it comes out, so all I can say to him is:

oops.

Feb 13, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Right, because the first 2 FPS games ever (Wolfenstein and Doom) should negate the fact that FPS games have been a multiplayer haven for the past 20 years.
Well, I was going with the "always" part of the quote, but then we could bring in all the Arcade FPSs, Unreal, Turok, and a number of games that have had a far superior single player game than multiplayer.

That's before we drag up Duke Nukem, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Rise of the Triads, Descent, Star Wars: Dark Forces or Hexen.

Or let's look at Doom 3 or Bioshock. Not renowned for their multiplayer, are they?

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I'm impressed by the statement he made, but why $60? If he was upset over the PC version of MW2, why did he pay the console price of $60 when it's usually $50 for PC?