Ani-Chan

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
AC10 said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Sirtety said:
It may just be the art style or my limited sign language vocabulary, but why is Shizune signing the word "turtle"?
Heh. Nice catch. That's also one of the words in my limited vocabulary for some reason, and it sure looks like it to me.

EverythingIncredible said:
I'd say it's fairly obviously a troll.
If only the escapist mods were as ruthless as the by-gone days of 2008 :(
Ye I'm sort of in shock that he's managed to get past 1k posts.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
BeastofShadow said:
AC10 said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Sirtety said:
It may just be the art style or my limited sign language vocabulary, but why is Shizune signing the word "turtle"?
Heh. Nice catch. That's also one of the words in my limited vocabulary for some reason, and it sure looks like it to me.

According to the profile they're a she actually. I REALLY hope she's a troll because thinking that someone with this mentality could really be of the same species as me makes my brain hurt.

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
KefkaCultist said:
BeastofShadow said:
AC10 said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Sirtety said:

According to the profile they're a she actually. I REALLY hope she's a troll as thinking that someone with this mentality could really be of the same species as me makes my brain hurt.
Ye it would be a less than comfortable thought. On the up side she has said that she, herself is not mingling in the gene-pool so that's a plus if she is being serious.

Sidenote: I love the avatar. That Lovecraft sex ed video is unbelievably funny.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
AC10 said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Sirtety said:

Seems pretty likely, but I just wanted an excuse to use that image. Would you believe that it's from a Japanese artist who drew some of the Katawa Shoujo characters in an "American" style and threatened to remake the entire thing after getting mad about westerners hijacking their culture and making a Japanese-style game with Japanese-looking artwork? Shizune looked eerily like Foul Bachelor Frog. Heh.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Truth Cake said:
You expect me to buy a game

The fact that you don't realize how wrong it is to date disabled folks makes me even more worried.

Because I am sure our future generations would be TICKLED PINK to be blind or have short arms.
No, I don't expect you to buy it, because that would imply that you spent something- the download on the website's free, I was making joke about how you couldn't spend too much on it because it's free...

And frankly, I'm worried that you apparantly think that it's wrong for normal people to find love in a disabled person just BECAUSE they're disabled and on no other criteria... so please, explain to me how dating a disabled person is 'wrong' to you, because apparantly I don't understand.
Because by doing so, you're polluting the gene pool with undesirable traits.
Because the last thing you want people to start a relationship ever is enjoying the other person's company and caring about what happens to them.

So explain to me how a person with burns or missing legs or arms is polluting the gene pool with undesirable traits? I know people that have missing limbs and knew a guy who raced in a kayak who had third degree burns all across his body, and you are saying they don't deserve any significant other.

Incidentally, since I saw it was free and got high praise, I took a look into the game, and it's not really about dating nor does it do all that much to sexualize people, it just tries to show they are people like everyone else.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
go play the game...then come back

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
BeastofShadow said:
I feel the need to point out not all disabilities are genetic and these types of sweeping statements are insanely in considerate to both people who have been in domestic accidents (car wrecks ect..) and people who have taken combat injuries (loss of limbs from a landmine or IED for example). So my question to you is are those people not allowed date and reproduce because they are disabled?
Of course?

If they were desirable enough genetically then that wouldn't have happened to them in the first place.
OH BULLSHIT. Now you are obviously trying to piss people off, so a passenger in the back seat of a car needs to have psychic powers to avoid an accident a drunk driver caused, the burn victim I mentioned earlier was 3 when his house burned down, although maybe we should follow your idea, I'd hate to see any of your traits pass into future generations.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
I never said it was a conscious decision, that's just what they do. Whether they realize it or not.

After all, it is no coincidence that romance happens to only coincide with what someone is sexually attracted to. And sexual attraction is for the purpose of reproduction.
I realize this is the third time trying to reason with you, but romance DOES NOT ONLY HAPPEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER. Judging by your arguments, you've never tried or seen anyone in a relationship. Incidentally on you previous argument that bad things never happen to genetically superior people, so I guess Steven Hawking is the low point of the gene pool and by your philosophy should be removed.

That aside, people, stop replying to this guy, he's obviously trolling.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Madara XIII said:
....I...what!? WHAT WHAT WHAT!?
Dear God, you can't expect us to believe that all the romantic poets only had the goal of having children in mind!
Nor even the very first Romantic poets.....King David is an exception.

But seriously I think we've established the idea in modern day society that just because you love someone doesn't mean you're obliged to bear their offspring.The idea of Romance usually stems from a person's infatuation towards another human being with traits THEY find desirable and compatible with.
It usually involves desiring not just their physical characteristics but their personality and mentality as well.

What you deem as desirable coincides with the idea of breeding for the best.
Not all people desire such an act or similar traits.
If anything having children is more of an incentive towards your love and affection of said person.
It isn't required, though and shouldn't be in a relationship.

No offense but the way you describe Romance sounds robotic and almost unfeeling.
Pairing the best genes does not always result with the best result.

[HEADING=1]HAVE WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM METAL GEAR SOLID!?[/HEADING]
I never said it was a conscious decision, that's just what they do. Whether they realize it or not.

After all, it is no coincidence that romance happens to only coincide with what someone is sexually attracted to. And sexual attraction is for the purpose of reproduction.
However you can't ignore the fact that Sex Feels Good.
And let's take the fact that not all animals reproduce or want to reproduce when engaging in this act.
Just like we do, some animals only engage in this activity for pleasure.

Examples: Dolphins, and the Ibis Bird.

It's only natural for humans to want to partake in an event that brings pleasure such as sex. That's why we've invented contraceptives and birth control. It'd be irresponsible to bring a child into a world simply because someone wanted to get laid.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Hal10k said:
BeastofShadow said:
BeastofShadow said:
I feel the need to point out not all disabilities are genetic and these types of sweeping statements are insanely in considerate to both people who have been in domestic accidents (car wrecks ect..) and people who have taken combat injuries (loss of limbs from a landmine or IED for example). So my question to you is are those people not allowed date and reproduce because they are disabled?
Of course?

If they were desirable enough genetically then that wouldn't have happened to them in the first place.
Are you honestly telling me that if you are unlucky enough for some asshole drunk driver to plow into your car and for your injuries to lead to amputation that it was your fault for not having good genetics? Or if on a morning commute your train got derailed and a similar situation occurred it would be your genetics fault?
Damn train derailment gene. Should've been bred out a long time ago. How did we even develop it before trains even existed? Explain that, evolutionists!
Simple! Because Natural Selection failed to weed out the Commuters of the human race and thus the Car-Crash-Gene and Train-Derailment-Gene has continued to pollute our genetics to this day.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Warachia said:
OH BULLSHIT. Now you are obviously trying to piss people off, so a passenger in the back seat of a car needs to have psychic powers to avoid an accident a drunk driver caused, the burn victim I mentioned earlier was 3 when his house burned down, although maybe we should follow your idea, I'd hate to see any of your traits pass into future generations.
That's a notion I agree with. I can think of at least a dozen different flaws in my person that they would alone be unsuitable for future generations.

I just wish that others were as conscious about their flaws and chose whether or not they should reproduce based on that.
Then you are defeating the purpose of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND AFFECTION!
I don't care how logical and scientifically sound you are trying to make your argument, because you are dehumanizing the concept of romance and making it only subject to peopling thinking only about their future generations other than each other first.

If you look too far ahead you're bound to miss some important aspects of life.

Truth Cake

Aug 27, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Simple! Because Natural Selection failed to weed out the Commuters of the human race and thus the Car-Crash-Gene and Train-Derailment-Gene has continued to pollute our genetics to this day.
Exactly! Therefore if you've ever been IN an accident- whether or not you caused it is irrelevant- then you are hereby forbidden to reproduce! Your (and my) genes are polluting the human genome and you deserve to die for your shitty genes!

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
Warachia said:
That's a notion I agree with. I can think of at least a dozen different flaws in my person that they would alone be unsuitable for future generations.

I just wish that others were as conscious about their flaws and chose whether or not they should reproduce based on that.
Of the twelve, I have to wonder how many are caused by genetics and how many are environmental, since you seem to have a somewhat Lamarckian view here.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Vault101 said:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
go play the game...then come back
Does it have anything to show for it other than pretty pictures and writing?
as somone who doesnt like anime/manga/ visual novels would I be recomending it to you if it didnt?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
BeastofShadow said:
KefkaCultist said:
BeastofShadow said:
AC10 said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Sirtety said:

According to the profile they're a she actually. I REALLY hope she's a troll as thinking that someone with this mentality could really be of the same species as me makes my brain hurt.
Ye it would be a less than comfortable thought. On the up side she has said that she, herself is not mingling in the gene-pool so that's a plus if she is being serious.

Sidenote: I love the avatar. That Lovecraft sex ed video is unbelievably funny.
Yeah that is a plus. If she has these ridiculously high, Orwellian DNA standards for others then I'd hope that she'd apply them to herself as well or else that'd be extremely hypocritical.

RE: Sidenote: Thanks! I just had to make this .gif as soon as I saw that video.