Ani-Chan

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
Vault101 said:
EverythingIncredible said:
Vault101 said:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
go play the game...then come back
Does it have anything to show for it other than pretty pictures and writing?
as somone who doesnt like anime/manga/ visual novels would I be recomending it to you if it didnt?
What attraction can there be to visual novels besides their pictures and writing? I'm not insulting them, art and writing are great! But what else is the draw? The gameplay isn't anything more than a choose your own adventure.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Truth Cake said:
Madara XIII said:
Simple! Because Natural Selection failed to weed out the Commuters of the human race and thus the Car-Crash-Gene and Train-Derailment-Gene has continued to pollute our genetics to this day.
Exactly! Therefore if you've ever been IN an accident- whether or not you caused it is irrelevant- then you are hereby forbidden to reproduce! Your (and my) genes are polluting the human genome and you deserve to die for your shitty genes!
No matter what the reason for discussing Genes in any situation, I always find myself going back to this particular scene along with Metal Gear Solid 1.

<youtube=c3OxjPiMcqQ>

If you ever learned anything from MGS1, it's that just because you have all the dominant or all the recessive genes does not mean you got the better genes.
And secondly just because you have the better genes does not mean they will all pass down because the more desirable genes might be like Big Boss's therefore recessive, making it difficult to pass down.

I can't believe I'm using a video game as an analogy, but honestly no one deserves to die because of their gene traits.....unless they're harboring a new Strain of the T-Virus and are bound to screw us all over....

Truth Cake

Aug 27, 2010
Madara XIII said:
No matter what the reason for discussing Genes in any situation, I always find myself going back to this particular scene along with Metal Gear Solid 1.
Hey, if it fits, who cares if it's the same thing every time?

There's also accounting for genetic mutations during reproduction- no matter how perfect either or both parents may or may not be, there's no stopping a genetic mutation here and there when DNA is copied, thus attaining the 'perfect genes for all humanity' is pretty much impossible without widespread 'flawless' genetic manipulation.

Wise_Smiling_Panda

Nov 22, 2010
>>Wake up early.
>>Still remember Lilly's story.
>>Comes to the escapist to hear Yahtzee swear and hopefully drive the sad away.
>>See Critical Miss post.
>>*single tear*

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Wise_Smiling_Panda said:
>>Wake up early.
>>Still remember Lilly's story.
>>Comes to the escapist to hear Yahtzee swear and hopefully drive the sad away.
>>See Critical Miss post.
>>*single tear*
It's been about a week for me since I've finished Lilly's story (my first playthrough) and it's still fresh in my mind.

*sheds manly tear of manliness*

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
kingpocky said:
Vault101 said:
Vault101 said:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed that people fetishized disabled people enough to not only make a game out of it, but to localize it too...
as somone who doesnt like anime/manga/ visual novels would I be recomending it to you if it didnt?
What attraction can there be to visual novels besides their pictures and writing? I'm not insulting them, art and writing are great! But what else is the draw? The gameplay isn't anything more than a choose your own adventure.
well thats the reason the "gameplay" isnt a main feature..

its the story, this is hardly a "game"

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Truth Cake said:
You expect me to buy a game

The fact that you don't realize how wrong it is to date disabled folks makes me even more worried.

Because I am sure our future generations would be TICKLED PINK to be blind or have short arms.
No, I don't expect you to buy it, because that would imply that you spent something- the download on the website's free, I was making joke about how you couldn't spend too much on it because it's free...

And frankly, I'm worried that you apparantly think that it's wrong for normal people to find love in a disabled person just BECAUSE they're disabled and on no other criteria... so please, explain to me how dating a disabled person is 'wrong' to you, because apparantly I don't understand.
Because by doing so, you're polluting the gene pool with undesirable traits.
There are still supporters of eugenics? Who knew.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
kingpocky said:
Vault101 said:
Vault101 said:
You're right, but saying that's all there is would be like me saying all there is to novels is words, so there isn't any draw.

Although if you want good writing and character development, the game(?) certainly has it.

Mariner

Sep 27, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
.. Mm, I would love to debate with one of you guy's but I am trying to see who to side with more. Every opinion seems to stand out, while other opinions make me question if they really believe in that. Also funny to see these debates coming off a comedy comic, but that's fine because I know issues tend to spark out of any form of game/movie/book/entertainment when it deals with real life (more so).

Vault101 said:
There's even an option to remove the sex scene so those who wish to play a heartwarming game without running into nudity or 'adult themes' can actually avoid it. There was like 5 other people who said almost the same thing and I had to notify them of the specifics. Now 2 of them actually love the game because they tried it. There's a comic for this issue actually:

<spoiler=Comic>
You got that avatar gif from deviantart KS page didn't you?

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I'm posting here today to let it be known that Shizune is the best character in this game. (Couldn't find a good pic of Hideaki)

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Mariner said:
Haha, one would think I took the Avatar off a random website. But truth be told, I made it myself ^_^ which took a long time.. Mm. See, I make GIFs for people thus have been improving a lot. If you'd like proof that I made this Avatar then please check out my DeviantArt submission of it. All the details are there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Click Here to See [http://intothecaramelfrappe.deviantart.com/#/d4nsh3k].
DAMN YOUR AWESOME AVATARS!!!

Your cuteness and constant reminder of my little Dashie has forced me to express my rage!!

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
laryri said:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.
I hate to break it to you buddy, but Darth Vader hasn't been "badass" since 1999.

And until Lucas formally declares that the prequel trilogy was just one huge, overdone practical joke and isn't actually canon, he never will be again.

Mariner

Sep 27, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Mariner said:
Haha, one would think I took the Avatar off a random website. But truth be told, I made it myself ^_^ which took a long time.. Mm. See, I make GIFs for people thus have been improving a lot. If you'd like proof that I made this Avatar then please check out my DeviantArt submission of it. All the details are there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

So that WAS you. If you see a critique that basically boils down to "This is so cute I think I will hav- HHNNNGGG" then that is me.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Madara XIII said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Mariner said:

DAMN YOUR AWESOME AVATARS!!!

Your cuteness and constant reminder of my little Dashie has forced me to express my rage!!
Hey there Madara, nice to see you once again. :} Much appreciated with your compliment by the way, I still have a way to go before my Avatars are even considered truly awesome but i've been getting a lot of good feedback so I am satisfied. Besides, your Avatar is very epic.. Tobi's face makes a good impression on who's the boss right?

Oh and what of these discussions on 'poor' genes and people should/shouldn't reproduce. I got an opinion on that, but I got lost when reading the posts. You could say I got sidetracked by it overall.
Hehehe it's cool. Best way to sum it up.

Solid Snake (For Love disregarding all the Genetic Perfection)
vs
Liquid Snake (Pursuing the goal of having perfect genes thereby dehumanizing the act of love-making.

Simple as that :p
Thnx for that compliment though.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Ani-Chan

"Stupid! I-it's not like I'm your father or anything!"

Read Full Article
Strike 3, mister. You're out!

Mirth was provided in bundles here. Thanks.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Furioso said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Furioso said:
Might as well add Tali in there ... there's probably a gigantic list of people who could fit in there

I said nothing.
...what?
*titter* You appear to be insinuating that Tali has a long line of gentlemen callers, and that she doesn't mind waiting. *titter*
And here's me thinking when they talked about Tali and a bucket they meant her helmet...

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
This is more amusing than it has any right to be.

I thoroughly expect this to be reposted on 4chan.