Anime #4- Cosplay: If you were to go to a convention or Comicon or whatever, who would you be?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Well, I'm planning on going to Waicon next year as Vidaldus Taka from Fairy Tail. Seems appropriate.
It will be my first time cosplaying. For the most part it's pretty simple, just gotta get painted. Shoulder pads and guitar may be a little difficult, but I've been told I don't have to doMy girlfriend is going as Rock Of Succubus Juvia.
She's cosplayed four times before this though.
Oh, and me and my friends plan on sometime, probably year after next, cosplaying as Pacman and the ghosts.

MissDK

Jan 11, 2011
Either Denmark from Hetalia (I am Danish..) or something cute like a Chobit or a maid..

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
I've cosplayed as Alucard from Hellsing and Rock from Black Lagoon.

Next, I plan on cosplaying as Firo from Baccano or Kyon from Haruhi Suziyma. I look like both.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Probably my avatar Fon Spaak. Around his physical age. Can pass with just being kinda skinny. Pale skin. Just need to dye and gel my hair, and maybe get red contacts. The onyl problem would be my face. My face isn't too distinctive but it may not look right.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I was sort of close to cosplay Brook from One Piece that I even bought a cheap suit (well it was a bit cheaper to the slightly higher quality suit). In the end however I gave up on it since I was able to find a suitable skull mask to use and alter before I went to the MCM Expo.

Again there is an upcoming MCM Expo in Manchester which I am going to but I ain't going to cosplay due to the cost of making it.

When I do intend to cosplay I will be Zoro from One Piece since he look alot easier to cosplay compare to Brook. The only problem I have with Zoro is getting hold of cheap plastic Katanas (China town does got wooden one but each of them were different and expensive and I would need to repaint one to be white). Also I would need some fake earrings, the sash thing on the belly of the shirt and dying my hair green but I know that getting green hair spray can wouldn't work (my hair black so it will be harder to cover it).

Entreri481

Jan 14, 2009
General_Potatoes said:
Entreri481 said:
General_Potatoes said:
Entreri481 said:
MY girlfriend has cosplayes as the female member from team rocket as well as one of the girls from sailor moon.
That must be some crazy foreplay :3 And I would go as this
For you people who don't know who it is, its Aono Tskune from Rosario + vampire. I'd go Full demon and everything :D
I'll try and find a pick of her in cosplay, here's here next to dark magician girl, I have so many more from fan expo, so yell if you guys want more. and... I have no idea how to post it because I am technologically illiterate. Sigh, I'll just keep messin round with it
Are you using image shack?
No... should I download that?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I would go as Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop movie, I've got a trench coat, long hair and stubble. I could do it.

Entreri481

Jan 14, 2009
Alright, figured it out, here is her next to dark magician girl, I have lots more I'll put on in a bit.http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9055/47081490544004114563219.jpg

see if this works

Entreri481

Jan 14, 2009
These are all from Toronto Fan Expo two years ago, were going again this year.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6932/45069490545239114563219.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2490/47732490547039114563219.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2067/46405490543769114563219.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/595/47466490543649114563219.jpg

Yamato-san

May 29, 2011
I actually went to Japan and attended Comiket last year (ironic, considering I still have yet to attend an American convention). I didn't cosplay, but I did conceal my face before personally meeting up with some doujin authors I befriended online, which was pretty awesome. I wore one of those face masks (the ones Asians often wear to prevent the spread of germs but which you almost never see in the west for some reason) and tied a dark red shirt around my head. Looking back on it, I almost looked like an Al Qaeda terrorist... a terrorist in a black fan-printed Lyrical Nanoha T-shirt. XP

Anyway, if I ever do cosplay, I've always wanted to dress as Chrono Trigger's Maou (Demon Lord), better known in the west as Magus. Though, I've also had some other fun ideas on the side, like getting a fat suit and dressing up as Man-Faye (yes, seriously, a cosplay of an infamous cosplayer XD). More recently, I've contemplated how feasible it'd be to go as Walpurgis Nacht (with the gear portion as the top, of course).... the wearer might have to carry around a crapload of cardboard over their body, but it may be doable.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Either the Spy, or Xiahou Dun. Most Likely would be the Spy, I just need the suit which I'm sure would be waaay cheaper then commissioning Xiahou Dun's get up, and a blue balaclava.

If it had to be from an anime, Beyond the Grave. Though that would cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
I'd go as myself. DERP j/k

OT: I would prolly go as L...since I do that weird sitting position that he does.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
chinangel said:
BanicRhys said:
Steiner from FF9 because he's pretty much the only character I like with a similar build to me.

Of course I would never actually cosplay because I cbfed making the costume and I find the whole practice creepy.

Speaking of creepy, if I could find a pedobear costume I would probably go as him if I had to cosplay as something.

evilneko said:
Rin Kokonoe.

Except I'm not small enough. :(

That show damn near turned me into a real life pedobear.
Rin IS a whole lot of cute. :p
You should read the manga. ;)

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Last time I cosplayed an Anime character, I did Roy Mustang. I never watched FMA though, and only did it because a few friends thought I'd fit the character well and they were all cosplaying. If I did it now, I'd really want to be Captain Hitsugaya from Bleach. I always thought he was an awesome captain, and I've got the youngish face for it.