Anime recommendations please.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Shadow_Bunnies said:
OrokuSaki said:
Darker Than Black (Seriously, anyone? It was a GREAT show!)
Definitely one of the few animes I actually loved compared to the general dislike I feel for most anime.
But Season 2 ended too abruptly..... and it doesn't make much sense without the Gaiden OVA.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Niagro said:
[sub]Oh, and K-ON, but you may find it too dramatic and gory, so it's not for the faint of heart.[/sub]
I lol'd. Anyway, the only thing I don't see on that list that I have seen is Clannad. Might not be your cup of tea, but if you have time its a good watch.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Aleate said:
Niagro said:
I lol'd. Anyway, the only thing I don't see on that list that I have seen is Clannad. Might not be your cup of tea, but if you have time its a good watch.
My friend agrees with you, apparently Clannad is brilliant.

Personally I'm bored sick of it about 7 eps in, so it must get better =)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories. It's an amazing feature, you should really check it out if you haven't already.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Requi3m said:
AngelicSven said:
Requi3m said:
Have fun with it!
Thank you sir, thank you! I'm very intrigued, what is Cowboy Bebop: Stairway to Heaven though? I couldn't find much with a search. I'm indebted for you exposing a Black Lagoon spinoff to me. :D
Sorry, made a mistake, it's not Stairway to Heaven, but Knocking on Heavens Door. It's the Cowboy BeBop movie, look it up on www.anidb.net. And Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail is not a spinoff, but a new story about the Lagoon Company (Rock in particular) with our all-time favorite maid coming back even harder than before.
Ah, I've seen the movie but I'm very eager to watch the Black Lagoon: RBT OVAs, that's one of my favorite series.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Niagro said:
Aleate said:
Niagro said:
My friend agrees with you, apparently Clannad is brilliant.

Personally I'm bored sick of it about 7 eps in, so it must get better =)
Yeah... It actually doesn't start getting good till the 2nd season, but its one of those things that if you just skip the first season, you won't know what the hell is going on.

Gruchul

Aug 30, 2009
I saw Tatami Galaxy fairly recently. It's a short series, very clever and pretty funny. Wholehearted recommendation from me.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Considering that you've watched Big-O (and possibly Digimon Tamers, depending on what you mean by "Early Seasons"), you may like Serial Experiments Lain [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Experiments_Lain] and Rahxephon [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahxephon]. All of those anime were written by the same writer, a man called Chiaki J. Konaka. Most of the anime that he has worked on (where he has been an actual writer) are well-praised and very good in my opinion, and I'm not enthusiastic about anime. Beware, though; Serial Experiments Lain is very mind-fuck-y. You probably won't get it the first time you watch it.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
I didn't see this one on the first page or on your list (I think), you could try Chrno crusade, Im not sure how I feel about it, but it was pretty good.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
AngelicSven said:
The most notable one that is missing is One Piece, which I'd really like to get into because I saw a few beginning episodes and vastly enjoyed the main character but I heard it's at like 450+ episodes and that's a lot of money and time to get them all to watch.
Wait, does that mean you paid for EVERY SINGLE anime on that list before? Allow me to both applaud you and laugh at you.

It isn't that I refuse to pay for anime, but a large chunk of what I watch isn't even available to purchase in America and I'm not complaining when I go watch it for a free on the internet.

---

Also, I would recommend One Piece, it has occasional childish moments but overall it's quite good IMO.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
If you can track it down, Sailor Moon. No longer licensed in my country, dicks that the censors on TV are, but I heard that a global revival is being tested in Italy and if that works, it will go worldwide.

Also, I'm quite fond of Spice & Wolf, and Ranma 1/2.

Sep 30, 2010
You've got some great choices on that list but i would also recommend Darker than Black and Soul Eater.
Both are oriented around fighting mostly but Darker than Black has a much darker (hence the name), grittier, more real feeling (for an anime) and soul eater is more comedy. I'm aware that soul eater starts with the kind of humor you wanted to avoid but trust me it's got better stuff up it's sleeve.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
bushwhacker2k said:
AngelicSven said:
The most notable one that is missing is One Piece, which I'd really like to get into because I saw a few beginning episodes and vastly enjoyed the main character but I heard it's at like 450+ episodes and that's a lot of money and time to get them all to watch.
Wait, does that mean you paid for EVERY SINGLE anime on that list before? Allow me to both applaud you and laugh at you.

It isn't that I refuse to pay for anime, but a large chunk of what I watch isn't even available to purchase in America and I'm not complaining when I go watch it for a free on the internet.

---

Also, I would recommend One Piece, it has occasional childish moments but overall it's quite good IMO.
What indicated that? Most of those I've watched streaming for free or given to me. I said money because If I liked it enough, I may purchase it because I like to collect boxsets of my favorite series.

Justanothergamer300 said:
Oh and if you liked/watch the Matrix try out the Animatrix
I've seen it, it was pretty good, though I really really enjoyed 3 segments. Though I have heard very good things about Soul Eater, just haven't had the chance to get a good sit-in on it.