Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
RollForInitiative said:
Aptspire said:
"but I don't want to pilot the giant robot" whine-card
*Cough*EVAngelion*Cough*
:p
HAH! I'm glad somebody caught that allusion. It's a term a friend coined a while back. We use it to refer to any protagonist that refuses to do what they should goddamn well be doing.
For once, I want to see a protagonist who might be just a little too eager to go smashing around in a giant robot. "What's this button do?"

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Slycne said:
For once, I want to see a protagonist who might be just a little too eager to go smashing around in a giant robot. "What's this button do?"
His name was Kamina, and he was AWESOME.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
As to one tribe name not being like others. The tribes correspond to periods of Greek history according to Hesoid:

Gold Age
Silver Age
Bronze Age
Heroic Age
Iron Age

Also Age is supposed to be the original myth of Herakles, who was for the most part a wild brute. The 12 labors are another play on this, also the Princess has the name of one of Herakles' wives (the one that didn't poison him).

To be honest I found the Princess to be the most unlikable character. There's just something about such a sheltered character having so much unbridled optimism.

As for Age, he's Goku-lite.

KingHodor

Aug 30, 2011
Pro:
* The intro theme sounds fucking amazing
* The allusions to Greek mythology are a nice touch
* Teleporting robots fighting bug aliens look really nice

Cons:
* Character artwork done by Hisashi Hirai, the guy who did the designs for Gundam SEED. You can see this guy's "style" from a mile away, and I can't see why he's so popular. Maybe because SEED revitalized the Gundam franchise, but that sure as hell wasn't because of that hack Hirai
* The main character's "giant monster" mode looks really stupid. What's with the blue globes? Why isn't he a mecha pilot? Or atleast have him look more like an armor-plated biological mecha à la Evangelion when he's transformed.

Edit: Intro awesomeness: