Anime Review: Persona: Trinity Soul, Part 1

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Draithx said:
Gamegodtre said:
it takes place 10 years after P3 in a alternate universe of said world. That's how its related.
the thing that gets me is that it isn't dubbed into english. Also at the end of P3 didn't you destroy all the shadows i don't remember been to long since i beat it.
Apart from Igor, there is nothing linking Persona 3 and Trinity Soul. Persona's aren't summoned by an evoker (p3) or acquired by overcoming one's weakness (p4) so it just doesn't feel the same as the Persona games to me.
Also, I think you destroy the Dark Hour at the end of P3, not the shadows. Shadows and Persona are 2 sides of the same coin after all and shadows still appear in P4, which also takes place in the same universe.
Well, consider this. The persona series started using shadows after P3. If you play Persona: Revelations or Persona 2, you'll probably notice that the monsters aren't considered shadows. In fact, they're zombies and fairies and stuff like that. You've kinda gotta accept the Persona series like you would accept the fact that every Final Fantasy sequel is unrelated to the last.

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
ImpostorZim said:
Draithx said:
Gamegodtre said:
it takes place 10 years after P3 in a alternate universe of said world. That's how its related.
the thing that gets me is that it isn't dubbed into english. Also at the end of P3 didn't you destroy all the shadows i don't remember been to long since i beat it.
Apart from Igor, there is nothing linking Persona 3 and Trinity Soul. Persona's aren't summoned by an evoker (p3) or acquired by overcoming one's weakness (p4) so it just doesn't feel the same as the Persona games to me.
Also, I think you destroy the Dark Hour at the end of P3, not the shadows. Shadows and Persona are 2 sides of the same coin after all and shadows still appear in P4, which also takes place in the same universe.
Well, consider this. The persona series started using shadows after P3. If you play Persona: Revelations or Persona 2, you'll probably notice that the monsters aren't considered shadows. In fact, they're zombies and fairies and stuff like that. You've kinda gotta accept the Persona series like you would accept the fact that every Final Fantasy sequel is unrelated to the last.
The creators have said that P3 and P4 take place in the same universe, you even visit the school from P3 in the P4 trip and you see the student council girl giving a speech (Not sure about the name atm). She also talks about Mitsuru helping her write the speech, though she doesn't actually say the name. P1/P2 are completely unrelated to P3 and P4 though.