Anime you are watching

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I'm watching Toradora! on account of everyone on my Twitter feed seems to quite like it. I'm not sure how I should be feeling yet. I've seen three episodes and they were entertaining enough, but I've no idea the tone of the series. Is it light and fluffy and wacky? Or depressing and black and icky? Cos I can't tell between 'em. That's not a great sign...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Just about to break my anime cherry! After years of not being into it, I watched Chronicals of Riddick: Dark Fury recently, and suddenly started to understand the whole anime concept a lot more! So then I went and ordered Afro Samurai, and it came today! And hopefully this should start me off!

I'm looking more into the films rather than the long series at the moment, just because life is busy at the mo, but you never know, I may catch the bug!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
York_Beckett said:
Black Lagoon. I love the entire thing. Hell, even the english dub does it for me.

I also own the first season of Darker than Black, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Watch it now, seriously...it's amazing! One of my all time favourite anime's, it's nearly goddamn perfect.

Well, I personally haven't watched a series for quite a few months now (the last one being Record of Lodoss which was rather meh, and the few odd episodes of the awesome 80's Bubblegum Crisis OVA), but I did watch the Haruhi movie on Netflix the other day, and that was pretty awesome, even if it was a bit long winded and confusing in places.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Broady Brio said:
I don't watch much anime, but when I do it's either One Piece or Persona 4: The Animation.

I'm currently going through Dragon Ball Z Kai. So far, the music has been eh, and Gohan's voice hurts more now, but everything else is great. I just wish they'd left in the episode where the Z-Fighters take on the Ginyu Force on King Kai's planet.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I would be watching Gurren Lagann, but it ended, and I sadfaced. I'm watching Yu-gi-oh abridged and DBZ abridged if they count.
I should start watching P4 again sometime too. I saw the first episode, and never did anything after it...

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Not much actually.

But for the sake of material in this post:

P4
The Mirai Nikki Anime(Very good by the way)
Finally getting around to finishing Black Lagoon
Carnival Phantasm. For all those that don't know this, it's an INSANELY funny anime about the combined forced of every game by Type Moon Ever. It's going strong and season 3 is already planned.

And I'm re-watching Hidamari Sketch. Ouch. My nutbladder.

That's about it

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I just finished Angel Beats. Really good.

I'm currently watching Persona 4 The Animation and Full Metal Alchemist.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
well right now that would be one piece along with a bit of high school of the dead throw in the mix.
ive just finished watching 5 centimetres per second sad stuff :(

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Excel Saga
Michiko to Hatchin
Seirei no Moribito

Also Toradora and Oreimo, more or less. There're some elements to keep me interested but I realized that I absolutely despise tsundere characters.

Sirron Kcuch said:
Is P4 worth watching?
Eh, it depends. I've seen a decent amount of people saying they liked it but I found the series pretty rubbish. The story is too condensed and the animation quality is only slightly better than the in-game one (which serves its purpose but is only mediocre at best). If you already played through the game I see absolutely no reason to watch it and if you didn't.. well, it's an alternative but playing the game would a better choice, in my opinion.

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
Blue Gender: I love that half the dvds are only rated 12 despite having at least one violent death per episode and even after the fucking starts to come in it still only gets a 15. Gotta love the BBFC.

Angel Beats: Its like if Haruhi had a batman orgin story

Haruhi season 2: Endless eight. That is all.

I actually read Mirri Nikki and it was pretty good but it didn't blow me away.

EDIT: those are the ones I am watching for the first time, I am re-watching far more.

Black Lagoon: Its funny how the can sometimes get a English dub just perfectly right.

Code Geass: Art style takes a bit of getting used to but it is one of the best shows i have watched.

Darker Than Black: I needed to wash away the memory of the second season.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
I just finished Mirai Nikki. It starts a bit like this [http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/072/265/1237917779613.jpg?1284764547], but later it ends up being a complete mind screw, and less anime-ee, as an user above said. I simply love it; it features the queen of yandere (not that I'm into that, but it wouldn't be the same without her). It's pure insanity, I really recommend it. Even more if you liked Evangelion or Death Note.

The only downside I see is that the anime version hasn't been finished yet.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece

That's about all I'm currently watching.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
At the moment I'm working my way through Naruto Shipuuden (English dub). Just like the original series it's sort of hit-and-miss, but at least the Akatsuki are interesting enough as villains.

Also it's been a while since I last watched Bleach, probably got about 20 or 30 episodes to catch up on by now.

Godlikebuthumble

Sep 10, 2008
I'm about to start my yearly rewatch of Monster. Silence of the Lambs meets The Fugitive meets awesome creepy shit. Highly recommended.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
The only anime I'm currently watching is Highschool of the Dead OVA 2 (drifters of the dead) and DeadMan's Wonderland. Nothing big.