Annoying things people say

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
"It's whatever" and "it is what it is" irk me. Not sure why.

Also I hate it when someone calls me bud. Mainly just because that's what my mortal nemesis calls every single freaking person he knows.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
"ur mom" jokes. it just kills any confrontation you are having.

playing a team game like lol and making a argument because someone is doing something wrong or being a asshole and they throw their little joke. they feeling all high and mighty because they made reference to your mom and we all know that makes you a total badass.

"there has to be difference." when we are having a disagreement.

sure, different opinions are fine, but if you are not defending your own besides saying that it is your opinion, makes you ass and also invalidates your opinion.

Scentedwiind

Nov 13, 2009
"Swag" which was way to overused in High School may send me into a great fit of rage if heard again.

Jun 11, 2008
"Could care less" is one that gets me as it makes no sense in the context of what the person is trying to say. I don't know where it came from but it is flat out wrong it is could not care less.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm sorry for contributing to number 2, Vault v_v

I just have to get used to whenever I comment on something contraversial, I'm usually wrong, and have to go with my gut feeling more often, of not bothering to post.
I have no idea how I manage to se people posting in so many threads. Almost every time I post in a thread that involves opinion instead of random fun, multiple people get pissed at me, and in that situation it was easier for me to misrepresent an argument because I didn't understand it as a problem.

nifedj

Nov 12, 2009
"It's always in the last place you look!"

Of course it is, because when you find it you stop looking! You'd be missing the point of searching for something if you found it and then continued searching. The above sentence is just a statement of an incredibly obvious truth. It's such a pointless thing to say.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
It annoys the living hell out of me every time I hear someone end a sentence with the word 'at', as in 'Where is the bread at?'.
And people that think you need to smile or look cheerful all the time. I recently had a fellow employee repeatedly tell me to smile (like five times in under a minute) when I was on my eighth day straight, two and a half hours away from my weekend and running on four hours of sleep. The fact that I hadn't yelled at or murdered people at that point should have been good enough.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
nifedj said:
"It's always in the last place you look!"

Of course it is, because when you find it you stop looking! You'd be missing the point of searching for something if you found it and then continued searching. The above sentence is just a statement of an incredibly obvious truth. It's such a pointless thing to say.
It's only pointless because people say it wrong. It should, logically at least, be 'It's always in the last place you'd think to look.' That version certainly makes more sense.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
jbm1986 said:
IMHO. Really? Only this opinion is honest? Are all of the others just a big fat lie?

Also, noob, fag, gay, butthurt, white knight, leet. There are more but that short list alone started making me cringe.
Actually, I believe the original meaning of IMHO is "In My Humble Opinion", not "Honest".

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
The_Waspman said:
Well, in the general spectrum of things...

'Cheer Up, it might never happen!' Uh, yeah, and what if that thing, whatever it might be, not happening is the reason i might be so down/annoyed/angry? Also, keep the fuck out of my business.

'Hows it going?/You alright?' used as a greeting. Actually, y'know what, now that you mention it, I'm not alright. I have a long list of problems that I could go into in great detail... oh wait, you dont care do you? What the hell is wrong with just saying 'hello' or 'hi'?

Anyone who describes themselves as 'bubbly'. Because that just means 'fat', right?

Plumbing the depths here, but I've been on a few dating sites in my time - with little successing, you'll be entirely unsurprised to hear - and it annoys me when people say 'I enjoy nights in and nights out' What other fucking options are there?

*Sigh* I need to spend less time on the internet.
Uh "bubbly" is actually a description meaning, basically, overly happy. Ned Flanders is "bubbly". Seriously.

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
tautologico said:
jbm1986 said:
IMHO. Really? Only this opinion is honest? Are all of the others just a big fat lie?

Also, noob, fag, gay, butthurt, white knight, leet. There are more but that short list alone started making me cringe.
Actually, I believe the original meaning of IMHO is "In My Humble Opinion", not "Honest".
I've heard it both used ways. Still bugs me though.

Another one that comes to mind: YOLO.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
The men getting objectified thing would be one of my top annoying things people say. To say they do just as much is a downright lie, a bit, yeah probably. But to be honest, I've never met a man who has been offended by the any instance of it. I'm sure there will be some, but I've never met one.

The Kratos thing could be seen as a sexual thing for the ladies, at a stretch, a very big... With scantly clad women, it about sexual fantasy a good chunk of the time, with tough, awesome muscle bound men it's a power insert. This may not apply to everyone, but it's supposed to be an awesome projection of the player, to say you are bad ass. The sooner us guys all (or most) back this sensibility the sooner something will be done about the issue of sexism in games, at least I hope so.

JasonBurnout16 said:
Are you old enough?/Are you 18?/Are you over 16? for small things, such as shopping. I got ID'd the other day in a Pub for buying a Coke, I got ID'd for online shopping by the person who delivered it (My Groceries, nothing bad!) Common sense.
Well, to be fair you were in a pub. In my country, it doesn't matter how old you are (or what you're ordering), if you look under 25 you will be asked for ID to make sure you're old enough to be there, unless a parent or guardian is with you. Because if you're underage, then someone else could be trying to buy alcohol for you.

But the groceries thing is just plain dumb, unless you ordered alcohol with it? Then it knd of makes sense... Out of curiosity, roughly what age group are you? 18-20 or 21-25? Or older?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
What if someone uses imho as in my HUMBLE opinion, does that still bug you?
Because that is the only use of it I know of.

Om Topic: "It's not you, it's me" when ending a relationship, the last thing anyone wants is being lied to their face by someone they probably cared for very much.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
As a mother/parent...Unless that is going to be followed with "board certified" or some other qualifications that has standards. I don't care if you've pushed an infant through your vag or knocked someone up. Billions of people have, it doesn't make you an instant authority on child care, morality, or health and safety.

(I post this one every time this thread comes up)
...you know (what I'm saying)?. THIS PHRASE IS NOT A PERIOD SUBSTITUTE, FULL STOP. It also insinuates that the listener isn't keeping up. Yes I know what you just told me, because you just told me.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Nimzabaat said:
The_Waspman said:
Uh "bubbly" is actually a description meaning, basically, overly happy. Ned Flanders is "bubbly". Seriously.
Well yes, that is true in what you classify as the meaning, but literally everyone I know (and a lot of people I dont) always equate the word bubbly with being fat. Maybe its just where I'm from, but its hardwired.

Basically, 'bubbly' is not a positive descriptor, nor is it a compliment.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Swag.

Every single time I hear this abomination, it just grinds into my ear and puts me in a bitter mood. Just such a stupid word that means shit the way it's used now.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
King of Asgaard said:
'There's more to life than evidence!'
Get in the fucking sack.
Either a Dara O'Briain reference or a Yatzhee one, either way, brilliant.

One that annoys me is "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" No no it does not, if I get crushed by a girl and it cripples me emotionally I will not be stronger. If I get shot in the spine and get crippled I will not be stronger for it.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
White knighting, I guess. And butthurt. Because both pretty much trivialise and demean the idealistic way by which I live my life.

Oh, and people using things like 'LOL' in real life. The reason for using acronyms on the Internet and in text messages is to shorten the term for ease of communication; if you find something humorous in real life, fucking laugh! Then again, LOL also annoys me when people use it as a form of punctuation mark.

Not a specific phrase, but the standards of grammar, spelling and wit in the YouTube comments are fucking atrocious.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Eddy-16 said:
King of Asgaard said:
'There's more to life than evidence!'
Get in the fucking sack.
Either a Dara O'Briain reference or a Yatzhee one, either way, brilliant.

One that annoys me is "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" No no it does not, if I get crushed by a girl and it cripples me emotionally I will not be stronger. If I get shot in the spine and get crippled I will not be stronger for it.
I've always understood that as a term for, you learn from your mistakes. It's not supposed to be literal I think.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Marter said:
"It is what it is."

I'm sorry, how about you say something that actually means something instead of a silly cop-out answer.
This, so much. It's the response I get for almost anything I talk to my supervisor and manager about. It's almost like they don't want to try to fix anything that's wrong...

Also, I love your avatars, dude.