Annoying Video Game Quotes Forever Etched into your Memory

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
TheScientificIssole said:
snagli said:
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all outta gum

No Duke, shut up. I don't want any bubblegum in the first place. I know many people like that quote, but it's like knives drilling into my ear.
Duke Nukem didn't even say it first.
That's another reason I hate that quote. Well allright, maybe not the quote, but the fact that a walking ball of testosteron copies it from another ball of testosteron and then gets more famous than the original.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I think the most annoying was said on the first page several times: "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter." That alone is enough reason to join Caesar's Legion.

A lot of WC3 and Starcraft quotes... too many to worth listing.

And of course a bunch from the Seymour/Anima boss fight in Final Fantasy X... Yay not being able to skip cutscenes and being way underleveled!

Tidus: "I knew you were bad news the first time we met!"
Seymour: "Oh, my sincerest appologies."
Tidus: "Seymour!"

and

Yuna: "I will fight you too!"

and

Seymour: "Feel my pain! Come, Anima!"

...and yet I can't wait for the PS3 version of FFX.

spanielcheckers

Sep 19, 2011
That awful laugh from Final Fantasy X. I've heard it was supposed to sound terrible, though.

Also, "GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!"

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
"Over there! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"

And every time you failed, you had to listen to that clip over and over again. Goddamn.

Also, from a seperate game: "We hahv reeepoerts uhv viyolence een tha sehctor! Ahll yoonits, reespond!" or "Hallo, mai naem is Boeloe Santosi; I am the leedehr of ze revolushunary ahmee known as tha ReePUHRS.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
`Huh... Radio. What's going on with that radio?'
Or `Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey hey hey! Listen!' Yes Navi I know I can open doors by pressing A, you don't have to yell at me >.<

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
Suffer, mortals (small dramatic pause) as your pathetic magic (small dramatic pause) BETRAAAAYS YOU!
I'm a mage, and 70% of the time I was the one to get the associated debuff, making this phrase that much more annoying.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOORRRRRMMM
Yeah, he got easy enough to kill real quick, but when ICC was fresh and everyone was just slightly undergeared, we had to hear this one a LOT.

Virtually anything your WoW character says to you to let you know that it can't be done. Yes, I know that spell is on cooldown, I'm mashing the goddam button so I can use it as soon as it's OFF cooldown.

Virtually anything the disembodied voice says in Starcraft 2 when you don't have enough minerals/gas/supply, with "You must construct additional pylons" being the worst offender.

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
"New missions are available at the Fyrestone Bountyboard!" I'm 10 levels above those quests why would they interest me?
"New missions are available at the Fyrestone Bountyboard!"

Jamese054

Aug 13, 2009
cant think of any bad quotes really must've blocked them all out. i do remember alot of Legacy of Kain quotes and of course kains last speech "now at last the masks the masks had fallen away. the strings of the puppets had become visible and the hands of the prime mover... exposed. most ironic of all was the last gift Raziel had given me; more powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me. the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion.... hope

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Well I memeorised the entire start to Halo 2, and everynow and again it pops out my mouth for no reason.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Farotsu said:
"New missions are available at the Fyrestone Bountyboard!" I'm 10 levels above those quests why would they interest me?

Along with "Scooter wanted me to tell you he has a 'little sumthin' sumthin' he needs done!"

So annoying.

coldshrike

Feb 16, 2010
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"
"Heya!"

That one annoying guy in Bulders Gate 1 who said that before enaging you in every mundane conversation.

OddOzZy666

Jul 3, 2008
"You know what they say! The more the merrier!" -Dr ROBOTNIK! (NOT EGGMAN!), Shadow The Hedgehog...

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
what a ya buyin'? what a ya sellin'? Come back any time.
when the most interesting character of a game is the merchant, you know you have an interesting experience on your hands.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
xplosive59 said:
"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" and "WHY WONT YOU DIIIIEEEEEEE!!" both from Oblivion.
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!!!! (As I'm murdering them)

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:
YOU MUST DIE!

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!

GOGOGO! (usually screamed when they are hiding in cover, with no intention of moving)

Yeah. As good as that game was, the enemies were incredibly annoying.
It made me happy that I got to kill them, because then they would stop yelling nonsense at me.