Anonymous Attacks North Korea

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
The moral equivalency and egotism shown here is staggering. I'd say their at least attacking a worth while target for a change, but the attempt is so off the mark and misguided that I can't really even say that.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
When I witness asshole-to-asshole combat, I hope both sides can lose equally. Like with World War II, I'm tempted to go by who has the lesser body count, which means I'd root for Anonymous. ...Then again, when it came down to Communist Russia and Nazi Germany, I'd be rooting for the Germans. Oh well.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They are just saber rattling, since he is the new kid on the block hes trying to be a big man and show he wont be pushed around, n korea doesn't have the tech to launch a real attack against anyone, they would be counting entirely on china having their back and if they did something really stupid like try and launch a nuke, I doubt china would want to put its hat into that ring. Everyone forgets that china gets most of its food from the US, we go to war, they starve rather quickly.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
threatening the U.S. with a nuclear attack, which it seems more capable than ever of actually carrying out.
A bit sensationalist there, it is more capable than it used to be yes, but it is still nowhere near capable of an attack on the US.

Their weapon is nowhere near sophisticated enough to fit or be carried by a missile, nor is it likely to survive the acceleration forces. Assuming they could missile mount it the US has the capability to shoot down any endoatmospheric missile so it would have to be exoatmospheric missile and the people's republic does not have the technology for this. Even if it it had exoatmospheric missiles they have to get out of the atmosphere before the US can shoot it down, from a fixed, known position this would be almost impossible. So they'd need a hidden, unknown position to successfully launch a exothermic missile from to ensure it remains as unlikely to be intercepted as possible, like say a sub. Now I would suggest if North Korea already had all these things we'd know about it. I don't really see North Korea possessing all this.

The other conventional delivery mechanism would be a heavy bomber and how would we rate their chances against a few F22s in that situation?

Building a nuclear bomb is relatively easy, the hard part is delivering it.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Huh, and to think I used to like what these guys did... That was until I realized they're idiots and are making so many things worse. Now there's this. Great, more reason to piss North Korea off >.> The nuclear threats thing is already iffy enough as it is, do we need Anons throwing their hat into the ring?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Boy that must of been easy for them to hacked! Still do they really have to troll them as I wouldn't want to mess a nation with nukes even when the nation is backward to the rest of the world.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
And the world went right on spinning. ~_~
mattttherman3 said:
If North Korea ever detonates a Nuke against the USA or South Korea, it will cease to exist as a country. I can't imagine them having that many Nukes, retaliation would be immediate and that would be it.
Why the fuck do we have to wait for them to nuke us? We've already had one pre-emptive war that has killed far more people than either of the atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. And you can't tell me the fallout from Iraq won't continue to poison that country's inhabitants for generations. All it takes is one city gone and all the rest of the country will be allowed to eat the crops they grow. Should have put a stop to this joke of a nation long before they developed nuclear weapons. But no, we had to go and recognize the main Chinese government and give them all our manufacturing jobs because it's too fucking inconvenient to give people a living wage in first world countries.
Actually, under normal circumstances, we (America) would have already started fighting with N.Korea. The problem though is unless they attack first, we risk a big incident with China. Overall we're kinda hoping that Korea tries something, fails, and we get China to say "Have at it." so we can just deal with them and not have the big threat to worry about. We really don't wanna have to fight China (Actual military, lotta canon fodder, good bit of our stuff comes from there, etc.)

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
$1M for the leader of a nuclear-armed nation, a member of regimes that (in the past) got millions killed? He's probably worth like $250M, given that the US offered $25M for Bin Laden.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
I'm baffled as to why we're just sitting around waiting for them to throw the first punch.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
ElektroNeko said:
Genocidicles said:
North Korea has computers advanced enough to connect to the internet?!
Even better question: They can be accessed from outside of North Korea?
If that's the case don't be suprised when Annon hacks the nuke launch controls and re-directs it towards EA HQ

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Daverson said:
Anonymous! Setting in motion events that will lead to the death of millions of innocent South Koreans!

...would someone remind me why people support these guys?
The world needs a little chaos, chaos is what makes things fun.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Mumorpuger said:
I'm baffled as to why we're just sitting around waiting for them to throw the first punch.
because they are incapable of throwing a nuclear "first punch". They are saber rattling and if they decide to invade the south it wont take long to sort out.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Church185 said:
I think that may be what Anon has in mind, push them until they make a mistake (though Anon's methods may not mean much to the NK government). NK has positioned a medium range ballistic missile on the coast that has the capability to hit SK or japan. The US has been hurrying to deploy missile defense systems near those countries. Even if NK fires something off I don't believe we'll see it do any major damage. Then they will have to deal with repercussions like China potentially dropping support of the country, not to mention the Russian government is getting antsy about the whole situation. If NK makes that mistake, I believe the retribution from all sides will be swift and severe.

captcha: take care

Don't worry captcha, I've got the bunker ready.
Actually the missile they are moving to the coast has the range to hit Guam. Japan and RoK are both within range of DPRK's short range missiles. They are not believed to have many medium range missiles but there are around 1000 short range missiles. There is no missile defence capable of defending against that many launches. They also have around 2000 artillery pieces within range of Seoul. They also have the worlds 3rd largest arsenal of chemical weapons, all of which deliverable by artillery and missile. Retribution from all sides will be swift and severe, but its far from sure that the North understands this. In 2010 the north torpedoed and sank a south korean corvette killing 46 sailors and then shelled a south korean island killing another 4 people. These are not the acts of a rational government, because this kind of action can rapidly go out of control. In 2010 the South did chose to retaliate for the sinking of the ship, but the new south korean president has already stated that she would. Its very likely that she would, because her mother, who south korea's 1st lady at the time, was assassinated by the north in 1974.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Mumorpuger said:
Because of just war theory. There's nothing they can do that will make it through "Star Wars" or whatever our missle defense system in the pacific is called nowadays and once we deflect an attack we can move in with the support of pretty much everyone.

Maybe we also don't want to invade North Korea. Do they even have any oil?

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I gotta say, whoever writes this crap for Anonymous really is an ineloquent bastard.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
hentropy said:
I'm sure this will wake the whole government of NK up and not add to tensions one little bit.
Aetheora said:
Huh, and to think I used to like what these guys did... That was until I realized they're idiots and are making so many things worse. Now there's this. Great, more reason to piss North Korea off >.> The nuclear threats thing is already iffy enough as it is, do we need Anons throwing their hat into the ring?
Entitled said:
Anonymous, please, please, please don't trigger a global thermonuclear war!
Oh no! North Korean is going to initiate a nuclear strike against the internet!

Being an ultimately decentralized collective, I can't say I support everything Anon does, but if the group has a overall point, it's to stir the pot a bit; get people talking, like we are now, & they tend to succeed at that.

These forums rant & rave if DRM boots them from a game server, but start ringing their hands any time people claiming the title of Anonymous start an open act of protest.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Lightknight said:
Mumorpuger said:
Because of just war theory. There's nothing they can do that will make it through "Star Wars" or whatever our missle defense system in the pacific is called nowadays and once we deflect an attack we can move in with the support of pretty much everyone.

Maybe we also don't want to invade North Korea. Do they even have any oil?
Touche.

No, but they have unicorns!