Anonymous brings down FBI website.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm hating these Anonymous guys more and more. I generally have a great dislike towards hackers period, but these smucks don't seem to have any sense of reason at all.

It just goes to show that all protest ultimately turns into mindless anarchy.

Tekkawarrior

Aug 17, 2009
More power to them to be honest, I'm sick of this government censorship.
We are all cannon fodder, this shit needs to stop.

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
One Hit Noob said:
Now this is serious. Taking down the FBI website shows that the anons can take down anything. Including the escapist.
Verlander said:
The internet was built to withstand a nuclear attack,
The internet was never designed to be secure, and is in fact, extremely vulnerable.

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
BlackWidower said:
hortez the champion of the frozen wastes said:
They just made a lot of powerful enemies.

Seriously though, people overestimate anon waaaay to much. If the USA went ahead and classified them as a "terrorist cell" (which they are) then a few thousand arrests later all the angry teenagers and hackers would learn a hard lesson in reality.
How are they a terrorist cell? Who have they killed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-urv-j0qpw

i heard they dedicated an entire season of 24 to them.

/sarcasm

EDIT: Feel free to skip the first half of the trailer. its not related to my point

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Warforger said:
Booze Zombie said:
We'll see who is more powerful, bumbling government people or people claiming to be anon.
I honestly don't no which one, if any, I would support.
Let's see who will win, a bunch of religious extremists in the middle of a mountainous country or the most powerful military's in the world.....
Everyone knows that any occupying force can't win against a determined local populace that are armed and know their land well, doesn't have to be mountainous, look at Vietnam.

Even the French proved my statement in WW2.

OT: I'm proud of anyone who stands up for the right thing. Even if by day they're a bunch of fuckwits, at night they can be the internet's super heroes. That's fine with me, someone had to take the torch.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
bradley348 said:
One Hit Noob said:
Now this is serious. Taking down the FBI website shows that the anons can take down anything. Including the escapist.
Verlander said:
The internet was built to withstand a nuclear attack,
The internet was never designed to be secure, and is in fact, extremely vulnerable.
Well, yes and no. The point is, you'd have to nuke every computer and phone line in order to completely stop the internet. So while websites are potentially insecure, the internet as a whole, can't be taken down.

kidcrash

Aug 15, 2010
Trying to e-thug is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. This didn't do anything but make some schmuck's day job harder. Good work dudes!

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
This is not good, on any level. Of course, nobody can actually stop a bunch of hackers hidden in a pseudo organization called Anonymous.... However, the government may take those attacks as good enough reasons to restrict personal liberties on the internet. I'm not talking about laws, I'm talking abount undercover spying and shit.

People like to think that the government is clueless and full of bumbling idiots. I beg to differ...

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Forever of the Stars said:
BlackWidower said:
Forever of the Stars said:
BlackWidower said:
hortez the champion of the frozen wastes said:
They just made a lot of powerful enemies.

Seriously though, people overestimate anon waaaay to much. If the USA went ahead and classified them as a "terrorist cell" (which they are) then a few thousand arrests later all the angry teenagers and hackers would learn a hard lesson in reality.
How are they a terrorist cell? Who have they killed?

Terrorists do not necessarily need to kill, they need only to create fear to terrorize and you know what I bet you that there are people out there who are worried, afraid because Mastercard went down because Visa went down, because 10,000 card numbers were possibly (I say possibly because all I have to go on is the youtube video in this post) leaked. Anyone who terrorizes is a terrorist, this does not necessitate murder and death.
Good point, but to be afraid and terrified because you can't use your credit card and increase your already mountainous debt is ridiculous and illogical. If anything you should be grateful.
I should be grateful that someone other than me can increase my mountainous debt? It's not about not being able to spend money it's about the fact that some other jackass out there could be spending my money.
Okay, you do know Credit Card companies have systems in place to stop fraudulent charges right? All you have to do is tell them what charges aren't yours and you're golden. It's a pain in the ass, but it's not terrorism.