Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

Molander

Dec 2, 2010
Well Nox, after reading your post I understand what you mean, but face the facts anonymous doesn't use nicknames after a job is done, they never have, and never will, the official "Anonymous" like you said, they don't care about shit, but seriously they don't want to give themselves out

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
Vega_GTX said:
Im calling bullshit on this. Anon LOVES Deus Ex; there's no reason for them to do it.
I second the motion of bullshit. This doesn't really fit Anonymous' MO (if they really have one). I hope Anonymous is able to tag this Chippy fellow for a bad hack on an undeserving target.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
nice to see some attention given to how complacent the whole world is to cyber crime and security. Heres hoping everyone in the industry start tightening their security measures.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
I highly doubt this is actually anonymous, though I still applaud this random crap. Why?

Its harmless, especially in relativity to political and co-ordinated attacks such as the PSN attach. It forces a company which holds valuable information to seriously rethink its security at minimal loss. Emails and CVs aren't that much. Spam will be annoying, but that can be blocked.

IT Administrators are ultra-lazy. I've heard many excuses for reducing security which most come down to as extra effort.

Tin Man said:
Looks like their internet freedom fighter guerilla war is going well...
Hackers are douchbags and criminals. Plain and simple. Why this surprises people is beyond me...
Please take the time to educate yourself. Hackers don't just break security, we make it too. We also do other things, like develop operating systems, VIDEO GAMES and algorithms. There are also different types of Hackers, most prominently White Hat and Black Hat. Don't judge things which you don't begin to understand.

The guy is definitely a script kiddy though, nobody actually uses PWND or OWNED anymore. So 90's.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Nox13last said:
Tax_Document said:
God damn it, get the KGB on their bottoms and finish it with a bullet to the brain...
THanks for proving my point.
Hacking has no justification, unless you're doing it legally.

Your point has been unproven you hacker.

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
Tax_Document said:
Hacking has no justification, unless you're doing it legally.

Your point has been unproven you hacker.
No, I was talking about the point I made where internet muscleheads come in and start saying that they should be shot or have their hands cut off.
I'm not terrifically cogniferous on US law, but I'm quite confident that even the crime of mutliple security penetrations is not 'death by firing squad' or 'execution'. That would in itself be criminal.

I'm saying this because the KGB was dissolved in 1991. There is no KGB.

I'd also like to hear how you came to the conclusion that I'm "hacking", or even how it's relevant in the slightest.
I hope the conversation up to this point has been one really awful and distasteful joke. If not, then take your machismo and walk out that door.

venuism

Dec 19, 2007
This thread is/was hilarious, as one of the people who's name was put on the deface I think I may be able to enlighten this thread some... if anyone cares at this point.

Firstly the main person behind the people deface is ev0 aka xyz, ev0 never even found the exploit. He is just a drug junky with no talents other than sucking up to his greaters on the internet in a pursuit for e-fame. He is sour not over anything to do with "anonymous" but because my good friend chippy1337 has demolished him many times by rooting his servers, compromising his email accounts etc. chippy1337 likes to "troll" (just look at his handle) and has many haters...

The whole idea was very stupid move on behalf of ev0 since it lead to his arrest...LOL

As to why "anonymous" is/was being mentioned in this whole thing it is because of the mention of a former anonops admin on the deface and the fact that the media for some reason likes to implicate "anonymous" in things related to netsec.

Also regarding anonymous... People have A LOT of misconceptions about anonymous, the general idea is that it is leaderless, de-centralized is legion etc. In the broader sense when you look at it as a movement from 2006 to present this mostly holds true. That said the current operations such as operation payback etc are far from leaderless and de-centralized, anything that has come out of anonymous in the past year has come out of "anonops".

Anonops is full of leaders... most of these leaders are kids who are slowly being corrupted with the power they hold and the ego trip it is giving them. Anonops is like a propaganda machine that pushes the idea that anonymous is de-centralized, leaderless etc..

That's all I am going to say since I don't want to blog about anonymous, I wish more people would just lurk the irc channels etc more and realize for themselves exactly how it is run... one could easily build ranks in anonymous/anonops and see the leader structure first hand.

tl;dr the person behind it has been arrested and anonymous had nothing to do with it, also chippy1337 is boss.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Maybe they didn't liked Final Fantasy XIII and XIV.

I'm quite skeptical on this one. I want to think it wasn't Anon's doing and it was just a prick pretending he belongs to Anon.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If game companies don't take more precaution to security they are all going to be in for some very real trouble in the near future. Not from the hacks. But from the lawsuits that will follow.