Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

Burnswell

Feb 11, 2009
This sounds like a bullshit propaganda move by assholes who hate anonymous, and it basically spelt that out in the story. Some of you guys need to read these things a bit better.

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
The next person to hack some place like this better come up with a better name than Chippy1337...

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Hurting innocent people by giving away their user data is not justified. It shouldn't even be necessary to poitn this out. What the heck is wrong with these guys?

csbears

Feb 28, 2010
It really sucked ass when they hacked Sony because I own a PS3, although I don't play it as much as I should. I had already pre-ordered this game (from a RL Gamestop and not the Deus Ex online store), but DAMN IT this is getting way too out of hand...they are starting to get into games I'm actually interested in now. Shits getting real and now they need to pay, whoever they are and wherever they're from.

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
hermes200 said:
There is no evidence Anonymous is behind this... This could be pulled off by any individual or group of hackers.
This is how we know it was Anonymous trying to frame the 808chan because they posted it in their own IRC [http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/05/anonymous-splinter-group-implicated-in-game-company-hack/]

They got caught trying to frame "Ryan" whatever. Read the article.

DisturbiaWolf13

Apr 15, 2009
Come now. This is not anon's style at all. Anyone who dislikes anon for things like this is not thinking. Disliking Anonymous is a perfectly logical position to take, but using this stuff as the reason is silly.

Himmelgeher

May 17, 2010
Come on people. This clearly wasn't Anonymous. When I refer to Anonymous, I refer to the idea of it, not the members. Spend 12 seconds on 4chan or their IRC and you'd realize that roughly 6000% of the members are complete dicks. But Anonymous is an idea, the primary function of which is to use hacking as a means of defending free speech. Stealing personal information is pretty much the exact opposite. Blaming this hack on Anonymous makes about as makes about as much sense as blaming Jesus for the Spanish Inquisition.

CyanLink

Mar 3, 2010
does anyone still support Anonymous? It was cool when they got that info on the banks but now they are just being criminals and doing what is basically /b/ shit.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
How quickly does the public good will turn to dust.

Two months ago, Anonymous was the crusading vigilante, fighting the evil Sony corporation.
Now, they're reduced to children fighting amongst themselves.

I never considered Anonymous "heroes", but criminals with their own agenda.
And what do they turn out to be? Criminals with their own agenda. How shocking.

Though it is entirely possible that this attack is another hacker group pretending to be an Anonymous cell. Either way doesn't change my opinion on the matter.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Mariner said:
I swear these guys are the closest things to 40k orks humanity has to offer
You know, this is the most apt description of Anon i've heard someone come up with in the last few months.

I shall now imagine all anons are orks. I love you dude.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Mariner said:
I swear these guys are the closest things to 40k orks humanity has to offer
Yep, bunch of nobs

OT: Not annon, he has an identity, wonder why he did tit though? what the hell have Eidos?

Lateinos

Nov 23, 2009
This is really, really bad. Not because this particular attack is so bad in its effect-although screwing up people's job applications is no laughing matter-but because it seems to prove that parts of anonymous are capable of attacks without a motive-not even for the LULZ. I see no LULZ here.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
This is the inherent flaw of Anonymous; anyone with any motive can claim to be Anonymous. This usually works in their favour making them seem like a very active group with missions in every area. Recently there is a backlash because of the group either being too organised or things like this.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Does Anonymous do anything other than ruin other people's days? They're like the suicide shrubs from Minecraft!

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Anonymous VS Anonymous. This could get fairly evil/ugly/amsuing.

I shall be watching for now.
Hope you have a big enough TV. Me, my bucket-o-popcorn and my rabite beenbag chair are interested in this, too.