Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

tictactoe

Nov 30, 2010
What precisely did Eidos do to deserve this?
Edit: Not that I'm supporting this in any way, I'm just wondering what motivator was involved if any?

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I have my doubt about whether Anon was actually responsible for this.

This actually sounds something like the script kiddies who now populate 4chan would do. "For the lulz" and all that.

Say it with me now: "Anon has an overarching purpose to everything they do, 4chan script kiddies link people to goatse. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE."

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
TheIronRuler said:
ZeroMachine said:
The Plunk said:
Anonymous didn't do this, Chippy1337 did. You can't be anonymous if you have a name.

I would like to know what this douche-bag's motivation was though.
Yup. How can you be anonymous if your identity is separate from everyone else?

Gah, anonymous or not, they're going too far. I mean, why there? Why Eidos of all places? What in the flying fuck did they do?
Read my original post and you'll find out.
Oh, please, that's no reason to jeopardize the information of innocents just trying to get jobs. It isn't as bad as the PSN fiasco, obviously, but even if they put what you suggested I would still say they're a bunch of lousy assholes who need to find a hobby that doesn't potentially hurt people.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Farmer_Casper said:
Ehm, any reason for this? Did Eidos do anything to deserve this? were they pissed at the delayal of Deus Ex? What is the reason for this hate?
tictactoe said:
The reason lies in my previous post.
I can quote it here.
TheIronRuler said:
I think that hacking the 'Deus Ex' site and writing "the original was jesus christ's second coming. You can't compare to that, and you aren't even developing the PC version yourselves. Shame on you.' Would be much more effective.
Because it's the truth.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

The attackers claim to have stolen personal information belonging to at least 80,000 registered DeusEx.com users, plus roughly 9000 resumes from Eidos.com They apparently plan to post the information on file-sharing networks.

via: GraelHart [http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/13/eidos-and-deus-ex-sites-hacked-80000-users-data-stolen/] for the tip.

They CAN be stolen, it doesn't mean they WERE stolen.
I can CLAIM that I'm a demi-god.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Vanbael said:
Can somebody tell me why they went after Edios? What the fuck did they do to piss off Anon, at least the dick part that seems to want to hold the world hostage until they get their way.
The Plunk said:
Anonymous didn't do this, Chippy1337 did. You can't be anonymous if you have a name.

I would like to know what this douche-bag's motivation was though.
tictactoe said:
As I stated above I think it was some 4chan script kiddies responsible for this and not actually Anon. As for the reasoning? 4chan doesn't do anything unless its "for the lulz". Thats all the reason they ever need.

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
Mariner said:
I swear these guys are the closest things to 40k orks humanity has to offer
but 40k orks are made for fightin and winnin. not biching and hacking game sites

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Holy crap. Regardless of whether or not this is Anonynous, this is could turn very ugly. I think someone should declare the internet a no-go zone for a few days. Lord knows what this place'll look like in a few weeks time.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
I think that hacking the 'Deus Ex' site and writing "the original was jesus christ's second coming. You can't compare to that, and you aren't even developing the PC version yourselves. Shame on you.' Would be much more effective.
Because it's the truth.
According to the chat log, they were trying to 'hit the headlines'. Whatever their main reasons may be behind it will remain a mystery but they sounded like pure stoners junkies just by the way words were misspelled in their sentences and their use of vulgar language.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
You know, I thought this whole 'splintering' business was hilarious, but now I'm a little troubled. You might say AnonOps was douchey, but they never were this random...

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
mad825 said:
TheIronRuler said:
Because it's the truth.
According to the chat log, they were trying to 'hit the headlines'. Whatever their main reasons may be behind it will remain a mystery but they sounded like pure stoners just by the way they misspelled their spelling and their use of vulgar language.
I'm really pissed that they gave the PC version to some other studio in Europe. They're not taking this seriously.
It was literally the secondcoming of Jesus Christ, as foretold by his first name, JC. JC, a.k.a. Jesus Christ, is what they first wanted him to be when they started the game. I laughed so hard when I learned that.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Umm. Why does this seem to me like a society of drows? Not the thing with women in charge and whatnot, but the whole "work together for one thing, then backstab each other" thing.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
A few days ago there was a news about "Disgruntled Anonymous Faction Maliciously Attacks Anonymous" and most replies were like muhaha that's so funny how they fight each other or on the lines of that and I paranoid like I am said and I quote

"If this group really consists of the best hackers in the world, then this shit could get really bad really fast and not for them but for us the everyman(and everywoman)because even I with my limited knowledge abot hacking and the hacking community can think of several ways how this could bite us from our virtual asses." So yes, it's hilarious how those hackers fuck us up.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
mad825 said:
TheIronRuler said:
Because it's the truth.
According to the chat log, they were trying to 'hit the headlines'. Whatever their main reasons may be behind it will remain a mystery but they sounded like pure stoners just by the way they misspelled their spelling and their use of vulgar language.
By that logic, you're a stoner for your repetitive words. That's bad typing right there! (Mostly joking, don't report me :p)

I don't know what your logic is behind that. I don't exactly condone pot smoking, but I do know a few stoners, and trust me- they know how to spell. A few are actually very intelligent. The bad spelling has nothing to do with being a stoner. Nor does the vulgar language. Where did you get those ideas?

... God, I can't believe I'm defending stoners -_-'

Point is, you may be right or wrong about them being stoners, but that's neither here nor there. Whatever they are, they're most likely doing it for attention though, as you said. To "hit the headlines."

beema

Aug 19, 2009
I don't get how hacking Eidos and stealing their users' information is getting back at a splinter group of Anon.
That's like if I went out and robbed a bank to get back at a girl for breaking up with me. Makes no sense.

Seriously guys, go fuck yourselves. Hackers can be so full of shit. They've gone from supposed Robin Hoods to um... giant douchebags who steal things from unrelated private people for no reason.

So basically they are just petty criminals now.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Wonder how many more times I'll have to post this.

You DO NOT openly claim credit for crimes even if you are using a pseudonym. Your adding another layer to your dox. Lets say you use that name again elsewhere and someone manages to link that name to you; well guess what? That name is linked to this hack and the party van comes a knockin'.