Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
binvjoh said:
Fuck off.

I don't care if it's Anon anymore, I wish every hacker on the planet would just fall over and die.
Yeah, that's a good plan. Never mind that not all hackers go around breaking into game sites or networks to steal personal data. Some of them do good things, like, say, working for the FBI or another law enforcement agency to try and catch the hackers who use their skills to do illegal things like stealing personal info!

Saying all hackers should die because of some people doing bad things with hacking is like saying all cops should die because of a few dirty cops, or that all priests should die because some of them abused children.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
The phrase "war is a drug" comes to mind...
if you gave these tools what they wanted they still wouldn't stop because they do it for kicks. and they don't care who they endanger.
putting someone's CV and email on a file sharing website is not on.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I got told today that someone hacked the Anonymous servers a couple of days ago.

Oh the irony.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Well anyone can now hack anything and hide behind the "anonymous" name, so I'm quite doubtful that this was their bidding. But no matter who did this deserves to have FBI/CIA on their asses right away.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
It's a shame that Eidos and Square-Enix got attacked, but on the other hand, I have to say, kudos to Square-Enix for handling it so efficiently and quickly. Much better than Sony did, at any rate. True, they shouldn't have let it happen in the first place, but then again, no system is foolproof. Especially when it comes to security. Good to see some companies are learning in the wake of the Sony attacks, regardless of who was responsible. As to that question, I can't really comment on who may be to blame, since at the end of the day, it's unlikely we'll ever see a clear cut answer. Anonymity is how hackers operate, after all. Not just Anonymous, but any hacker...

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Lagao said:
oh come on enough is enough, just shut them down, really. Get a hacker to find out who they all are and just arrest them. This is going too far. Bunch of idiotic kids and teens.
They just hacked Adam Jensen, shit just got real. I just hope Anonymous hurries up and tries to hack Microsoft so Black Ops and Halo 3 die, then people will start to do something about it.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It was amusing when they attacked Sony, but fucking around with Deus Ex? NOT FUNNY GUYS, KNOCK IT OFF

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
mad825 said:
TheIronRuler said:
I think that hacking the 'Deus Ex' site and writing "the original was jesus christ's second coming. You can't compare to that, and you aren't even developing the PC version yourselves. Shame on you.' Would be much more effective.
Because it's the truth.
According to the chat log, they were trying to 'hit the headlines'. Whatever their main reasons may be behind it will remain a mystery but they sounded like pure stoners just by the way they misspelled their spelling and their use of vulgar language.
By that logic, you're a stoner for your repetitive words. That's bad typing right there! (Mostly joking, don't report me :p)
nope, that's a bad pun on my part. They kept on using "there" instead of "their".

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
mad825 said:
ZeroMachine said:
mad825 said:
TheIronRuler said:
I think that hacking the 'Deus Ex' site and writing "the original was jesus christ's second coming. You can't compare to that, and you aren't even developing the PC version yourselves. Shame on you.' Would be much more effective.
Because it's the truth.
According to the chat log, they were trying to 'hit the headlines'. Whatever their main reasons may be behind it will remain a mystery but they sounded like pure stoners just by the way they misspelled their spelling and their use of vulgar language.
By that logic, you're a stoner for your repetitive words. That's bad typing right there! (Mostly joking, don't report me :p)
nope, that's a bad pun on my part. They kept on using "there" instead of "their".
Oooooh, ok.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
Christ I hate skiddies. Not only do they have the most retarded screen names, they also have no freaking clue about concepts such as stealth or not being a egotistic ponce.

FYI - Nothing will probably happen as a result of this info being "stolen." I am almost willing to bet my left arm on the fact that this was probably just a few bored dumbass kids who managed to download some "l33t skriptz" from some of the more benevolent hacking sites (trust me, most skiddes are dumber then a sack of potatoes and usually simply get their computer added to botnets. If there werent so few free scripts that offered exactly what they promised, this type of thing would be a crapload more common.) who thought it would be funny and l33t to hack some company's site.

They will likley be caught and suffer massive legal fees, not to mention a criminal record.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
GOOD FUCKING LORD!!! Dont these things (I still dont believe they are actually human) have anything better to do!?

*Edit*

Andy Chalk said:
It was amusing when they attacked Sony, but fucking around with Deus Ex? NOT FUNNY GUYS, KNOCK IT OFF
Hell yeah its serious. Attacking Sony for consumer rights (every time I even think this thought, I throw up a little) is fine, but attacking Deus Ex... thats just not fucking kosher...

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Could someone please round these bastards up and mass execute them? Please?
I find your avatar wholly appropriate to the tone of your statement here.

OT:

I don't mind hackers going at one another like this, only the battlefield is a little too public and, as this shows, a nuisance to everyone else.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
mjc0961 said:
binvjoh said:
Fuck off.

I don't care if it's Anon anymore, I wish every hacker on the planet would just fall over and die.
Yeah, that's a good plan. Never mind that not all hackers go around breaking into game sites or networks to steal personal data. Some of them do good things, like, say, working for the FBI or another law enforcement agency to try and catch the hackers who use their skills to do illegal things like stealing personal info!

Saying all hackers should die because of some people doing bad things with hacking is like saying all cops should die because of a few dirty cops, or that all priests should die because some of them abused children.
Sorry I didn't specify that I meant the assholes.
Thought it was fairly obvious.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Actually, I don't think it was amusing at all, as it led to other hackers (although I wouldn't be surprised if it was Anonymous still) causing one of the biggest upsets for gamers in recent years. I also find you encouragement of them, by calling it "a laugh" distasteful, and it's irresponsible reporting such as this that lets these people think they're heroes or something. Please go back to proper games journalism, instead of rooting for these jumped up kids with hax.

If we ignore them, they'll go away.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
binvjoh said:
Fuck off.

Yeah, and while we're at it, how about every gamer, every cop, every soldier... fuck it. Let's just find every demographic that has had a few of its members do horrible things, and kill 'em all. At the end, there won't be any one left to do horrible things. Granted, there won't be anyone left to do horrible things to either, but dammit, I don't care if the world has more complexity and subtlety than I'm prepared to deal with, I've made my blanket judgments and I'm sticking to them!

/sarcasm

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
jebussaves88 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Actually, I don't think it was amusing at all, as it led to other hackers (although I wouldn't be surprised if it was Anonymous still) causing one of the biggest upsets for gamers in recent years. I also find you encouragement of them, by calling it "a laugh" distasteful, and it's irresponsible reporting such as this that lets these people think they're heroes or something. Please go back to proper games journalism, instead of rooting for these jumped up kids with hax.

If we ignore them, they'll go away.
I believe that was a satirical statement about the Escapist forum community's response to both events. When they hacked Sony people laughed but now they're hacking Deus Ex people are pissed.