Anonymous Splinter Group Targeting Sony Executives

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I usually like what Anonyomous does for free-speech but this is definitely counter-productive for Hotz's case

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
mjc0961 said:
The Red Spy said:
Magenera said:
This is a case of making shit worse. I really didn't see Sony having a case. But, now Geohot might be screwed because of this.
I fail to see how? Unless Geohot himself was the one conducting the attacks or was part of them, it should have no impact on the trial.
Because if any of them are in California, Sony will probably say "See GeoHot is getting support from California! We should try him here!" like they've been trying to do with everything else.

Plus, it sure as fuck isn't going to stop Sony from suing him, and I don't know what they think going after the judge will do either.
Support is something you accept, what Anon are doing is classed as protest progressing into harrassment and probably numerous other offences. If Geo cannot be linked to the activities of Anonymous, then his case should remain untouched.

If you were to murder someone in a courtroom, saying that you did it because you support the defendant, would he/she be charged as an accomplice because of that persons independant action?

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
Bretty said:
Now imagine if someone PAID these people to do this stuff. It will happen, this is just the beg.
...funny you should say that.

Here's a recent note about a new department within Sony:

The job-description reads things like these:
"-Support maintenance of relationships with and correspond at direction of Sr. Corporate Counsel with industry trade association Entertainment Software Association and providing 2-way feedback with SCEA Deputy GC and GC re same.
-Assist in supporting anti-piracy civil lawsuits and providing support to law enforcement and intellectual property agencies on behalf of SCEA"

And qualifications like these:

"-Knowledge of online investigative practices and online databases (e.g. how to find owner, administrator, ISP associated with a given domain name, etc.)"

..Do you want me to tell you in detail what these types of outfits do for a living? Or give you a rough estimate of how much money each and every major company in the US spends on these "paralegal" activities? You know, in order to keep the filthy consumers from stealing their livelihood, etc..

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Proof that people in anonymous are childish bullies who have no lives. Anyone who supports them deserves none of my respect either.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
heydarguise said:
Hi guys. My name is "heyguise" and I'm the administrator for the irc channel #sonyrecon (the one this article is about.) If you guys have any questions about what we are doing or the reasons for this I'd be more than glad to answer you.

But as Rebbeca black says 3:40pm waking up in the after noon...gotta have my bowl :p
Are you guys actually looking for info on Stringer's kids too? I can... sort of understand the rationale behind the attack - I don't like it, but can understand it - but trying to get personal info on people who have absolutely nothing to do with this, and kids nonetheless, is actually kinda sick.

heydarguise

Apr 6, 2011
Bretty said:
I find this stuff just hilarious. If Anon is able to mess with anything it is because a) they have too much info online which is too easy to gather. Or B) Anon just show how easy it is to both disrupt regular business and cause huge issues.

Now imagine if someone PAID these people to do this stuff. It will happen, this is just the beg.
Hi Bretty, did you know that people HAVE been paid to ddos websites.

Aiplex Software is a company based in India contracted by the MPAA[1] to deliver copyright notices to websites that they deem violate copyright laws, and distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS) to said sites if they fail to remove the offending content.[2] Both Aiplex Software and the MPAA were subjected to a DDoS attack themselves as a result of said contract.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiplex_Software

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I think this...

What the...

Ok, before i continue,

Greg Tito said:
The hacker collective Anonymous assails the PlayStation Network and harasses top executives in support of GeoHot and his pending legal battle with Sony.
I think this could do with some rephrasing, it took me a few re-reads to get the proper meaning out of this. Replace 'Support of GeoHot' with 'Support for GeoHot' or something. Before i understood it i was going to quote it as an error.

Now, back to my point.

This really doesnt come across as one of the Collectives brighter moments when theyre actively harrasing people in this manner.

As suicidal as it sounds (and probably is) I have to support Sony in this too.

heydarguise

Apr 6, 2011
Andronicus said:
heydarguise said:
Hi guys. My name is "heyguise" and I'm the administrator for the irc channel #sonyrecon (the one this article is about.) If you guys have any questions about what we are doing or the reasons for this I'd be more than glad to answer you.

But as Rebbeca black says 3:40pm waking up in the after noon...gotta have my bowl :p
Are you guys actually looking for info on Stringer's kids too? I can... sort of understand the rationale behind the attack - I don't like it, but can understand it - but trying to get personal info on people who have absolutely nothing to do with this, and kids nonetheless, is actually kinda sick.
Yes, we plan to hack there algebra homework and sell it to Russian Cyber Mobsters.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
You wanna fuck with the people involved, you do that, that's one thing. You fuck with their kids, their families... Shit starts to get REALLY creepy. Their families? Seriously? Since when has Anon decided "Tim fucked up, I'm gonna gather all the information I can on his wife and kids"? If one person fucks up, Anon usually attacks that person, not their entire family... This doesn't seem right, this doesn't seem like anon

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
bunch of cowards if you ask me. Seriously attacking the family members of Sony exec. To me that's just crossing a line. Besides who gave these 14 year old shut ins with a computer the authority to deal out justice (if you want to call it that)?

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
You wanna fuck with the people involved, you do that, that's one thing. You fuck with their kids, their families... Shit starts to get REALLY creepy. Their families? Seriously? Since when has Anon decided "Tim fucked up, I'm gonna gather all the information I can on his wife and kids"? If one person fucks up, Anon usually attacks that person, not their entire family... This doesn't seem right, this doesn't seem like anon
This is the same group who will hack a website and post everyones password info on the web, and find info about a target and call them on the phone to leave threatening messages. You really didnt see this coming? There is nothing noble about what they do.

heydarguise

Apr 6, 2011
Celtic_Kerr said:
Thats misleading. Howard Stringer (born 1942) is an older man and his children are adults. We dont even want to mess with them but its possible to socially engineer the situation and get them to give us information about Mr Stringer, for example his cell phone number so we can ask him if he lieks mudkipz.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Echo136 said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
This is the same group who will hack a website and post everyones password info on the web, and find info about a target and call them on the phone to leave threatening messages. You really didnt see this coming? There is nothing noble about what they do.
I don't know, but DDoS attacks and such are one thing, but going after the family... Take all the dirt and rumors and bullshit you want. but this is just too far

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Does Anon even understand that Sony is doing this because of the root key? It is their own software and Geohot shouldn't of made it public. As someone said before me:
Misho- said:
Also let me make it very clear. Sony is right.

Not in everything of course, God no. But the system root key is their intellectual property. When you buy a PS3 you don't buy the intellectual property from them. Geo Hotz had no right to post it online.
In my opinion this is correct.

Why should they even get involved anyway, they are making the situation worse for Geohot. Sony will just get more determined and will probably try to use this to win the case.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
HG131 said:
Kaytastrophe said:
bunch of cowards if you ask me. Seriously attacking the family members of Sony exec. To me that's just crossing a line. Besides who gave these 14 year old shut ins with a computer the authority to deal out justice (if you want to call it that)?
So, we should just bow down to corporations? There is no line when it comes to freedom from big business.
Sorry but thats really bad logic. Sony is just trying to project its IPs.

What are you in the 60's? This is the 2000's. (partialy serious)

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
heydarguise said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
Thats misleading. Howard Stringer (born 1942) is an older man and his children are adults. We dont even want to mess with them but its possible to socially engineer the situation and get them to give us information about Mr Stringer, for example his cell phone number so we can ask him if he lieks mudkipz.
Not misleading at all actually, because never once did I imply "Young, small, tots, toddlers, young'uns, tiny, or ankle bitters" and therefore no age. Also, notice just abut every time I mention kids, I mention family. You wanna piss on stringer, that's one thing, stay away from his family. It's uncalled for. Don't ask them for information to hack him. You're the great hacking group right? Can't figure it out for yourself? You have to harass his family in order to harass him?

Mettking

Mar 17, 2011
Kaytastrophe said:
Seconded to the highest possible power.