Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The most interesting bit in the story was that apparently it was 4chan who IDd the shooter.

It reminds me of that one video where some celebrity (I want to say it was Shia Le Bouf) had put on a flag of some sort and was streaming it defiantly to virtue signal against hate for some reason on a 24/7 setup. 4chan used the position of the stars to triangulate its position and then one of them would drive around the general vicinity honking and people on stream would listen for the honk to figure out if he's getting closer to the flag being streamed. They ended up finding it and taking it down too.

Maybe we can abolish the police and just let 4chan solve crimes now.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Trigger discipline was always explained to me as the practice of keeping one’s finger away from the trigger of your weapon when it is kept at a ready position - i.e. a soldier’s battle rifle held across their chest when standing a post at a forward operating base for example.

What you’re talking about sounds more like the rules of engagement: the doctrine of threat response and appropriate escalation in the field. they’re highly detailed and drilled into a solider/sailor/airmen’s head at every available opportunity.

Something which you accurately describe all these moronic cosplayers as completely lacking.
There are a good 90% of gun owners in the news actually protecting shops properly. None of these owners are in the actual protest. Most of them aren't even remotely aiming guns at people. And everyone who is outside those bounds should pointed out

Just want to make sure that most gun owners, who are using their tool appropriately, don't get lumped in with these idiots

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The most interesting bit in the story was that apparently it was 4chan who IDd the shooter.

It reminds me of that one video where some celebrity (I want to say it was Shia Le Bouf) had put on a flag of some sort and was streaming it defiantly to virtue signal against hate for some reason. 4chan used the position of the stars to triangulate its position and then one of them would drive around the general vicinity honking and people on stream would listen for the honk to figure out if he's getting closer to the flag being streamed. They ended up finding it and taking it down too.

You know you’ve come out with some really silly ideas - even in jest - but this one takes the proverbial biscuit

Reactions: Buyetyen

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
You know you’ve come out with some really silly ideas - even in jest - but this one takes the proverbial biscuit
Hey man, 4chan has been on a roll now, didn't they ban posts about that movie with the twerking 11 year olds that Netflix allowed because it was made by a strong black immigrant Senegalese french lady? It seems like they've turned a new leaf and have higher standards than people who try to teach others how to live their lives anyhow XD.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

It reminds me of that one video where some celebrity (I want to say it was Shia Le Bouf) had put on a flag of some sort and was streaming it defiantly to virtue signal against hate for some reason on a 24/7 setup. 4chan used the position of the stars to triangulate its position and then one of them would drive around the general vicinity honking and people on stream would listen for the honk to figure out if he's getting closer to the flag being streamed. They ended up finding it and taking it down too.

4chan was also saying the victim was black for a while so calm the fuck down.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
He seems pretty calm to me... Shouldn't you be able to recognize a troll post?
Hell I don't know who that is supposed to be trolling here. 4chan haters? Cop fans?

Just pointing out what I found interesting and what it reminded me off here XD.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hell I don't know who that is supposed to be trolling here. 4chan haters? Cop fans?

Just pointing out what I found interesting and what it reminded me off here XD.
If we gave the leeway to the MSM that you just gave to 4chan, they could never be called Fake News

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Let's just call 4chan a hive of skum and villainy that can nevertheless still have a few Han Solo's in it from time to time.
It's about as weird as Buzzfeed sometimes having incredibly accurate and detailed reporting. It shouldn't be possible, but it has happened

Reactions: Worgen

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Honestly with him it’s hard to tell.
Dreiko is like Revnak, they are free spirits that don't give two shits for proper manners.

Unrelated, but I saw some images of recent Thomas the Tank Engine episodes and as a fan of the original show I have to say that it's creepy seeing Gordan smile.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Dreiko is like Revnak, they are free spirits that don't give two shits for proper manners.

Unrelated, but I saw some images of recent Thomas the Tank Engine episodes and as a fan of the original show I have to say that it's creepy seeing Gordan smile.
If you view my unmitigated materialist fury as equivalent to “Greek weeb that posts” then I will interpret that as a grave insult.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It is however disproportionate force, unless for some reason the MAGA lad was chasing the shooter around and trying to pour pepper spray down their throat.
I'm probably in the minority here, but as far as I'm concerned if someone physically attacks someone else, the person being attacked should be able to retaliate with as much force as they feel comfortable using, up to and including lethal force.

The victim of an attack should not be expected to to be able to rationally gauge how much force is being used to attack them, and to respond with an equal amount of force, nor does the victim of an attack know the intentions of their attacker. They don't know if the person attacking them is just an asshole trying to rough them up a little for a laugh, or if they intend to cause serious bodily injury.

It's also much easier to NOT ATTACK PEOPLE than it is to defend yourself from attack.

The attacker is choosing to attack, and is therefore taking their life into their own hands with that decision. If something bad happens to them because they attacked the wrong person that's their own fault.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm probably in the minority here, but as far as I'm concerned if someone physically attacks someone else, the person being attacked should be able to retaliate with as much force as they feel comfortable using, up to and including lethal force.

The victim of an attack should not be expected to to be able to rationally gauge how much force is being used to attack them, and to respond with an equal amount of force, nor does the victim of an attack know the intentions of their attacker. They don't know if the person attacking them is just an asshole trying to rough them up a little for a laugh, or if they intend to cause serious bodily injury.

It's also much easier to NOT ATTACK PEOPLE than it is to defend yourself from attack.

The attacker is choosing to attack, and is therefore taking their life into their own hands with that decision. If something bad happens to them because they attacked the wrong person that's their own fault.
I think that really has to depend on the circumstances of the situation. Is the person they attacked robbing someone? Were they attacking that person to save their life ( push them out of the way from harm ect)I think the circumstances really do matter.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I was wondering how long it would take before someone posted in this topic. Seems that when someone from "the other side" dies, it's no big deal.
Wannabe fascist authoritarian-worshipping cunts should die.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Ya know, a good eight years or so back, I'd seriously been considering moving to Seattle, Portland, that area. Was calling up around there looking for apartments and such.

Sort of...dodged a bullet.

Ha. Ha. Haaaa, god this is all so awful. Can people stop with the wanton murder shit?
If we gave the leeway to the MSM that you just gave to 4chan, they could never be called Fake News
I have moderately more confidence in 4chan's investigative abilities than a not insignificant portion of the modern MSM.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Ya know, a good eight years or so back, I'd seriously been considering moving to Seattle, Portland, that area. Was calling up around there looking for apartments and such.

Sort of...dodged a bullet.

Ha. Ha. Haaaa, god this is all so awful. Can people stop with the wanton murder shit?

I have moderately more confidence in 4chan's investigative abilities than a not insignificant portion of the modern MSM.

You live in Chicago, I am preposterously more safe from murder than you are Gryph.