Another PS3

EcHoFiiVe

Nov 28, 2010
You are the unluckiest person I've ever heard of. I think the PS3 has like a ≥1% failure rate.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
I've got an 80gb one as well; however, I have one of those cooling fans attached to it because it does tend to run hot.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I had mine since 2 months after release (yup, still have the fat one) and no problems. It's just random like the RROD on the 360.

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
I still have the Backwards Compatible 80GB I got in 2007 (Motorstorm Bundle) and it works perfectly.

Within the month I'll be replacing that 80GB hard drive with a 320GB I have laying around, so no, I'm not having any problems with my PS3.

Apr 28, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I went through 3 Xboxes and I'm on my 4th. It's seems to be going well, finally.
Same with mine, only I'm on my 3rd, and thats having some big issues. Which is stupid, since the area its in is well-aired, really clean, and just the perfect environment. Pretty sick of dealing with the 360's issues.

OT: My PS3 is working just fine. You seem to be unnaturally unlucky. Not sure what else to say...

Neeko Masochist

Apr 11, 2008
I've had my PS3 since 2007 and never had one problem with it. Can't say the same for my XBox 360 I had for 6 months then red ringed and consequently ended up being smashed all over the garden pavement.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I went through 3 Xboxes and I'm on my 4th. It's seems to be going well, finally.
Same with mine, only I'm on my 3rd, and thats having some big issues. Which is stupid, since the area its in is well-aired, really clean, and just the perfect environment. Pretty sick of dealing with the 360's issues.

OT: My PS3 is working just fine. You seem to be unnaturally unlucky. Not sure what else to say...
I'm worried that when I finally fork over the cash for another wireless adapter and a new membership for Live, that it will break.

Actually, I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Xbox at this point. Last time I plugged it in was for Fable 3. Good times, but all I really miss is Cross Game Chat.

Mxrz

Jul 12, 2010
Launch models had problems. You're buying refurbs which are simply PS3s that already had problems. It isn't surprising in the least. Save your money and buy a slim, or just keep buying broken refurbs.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
sounds like a problem with your electricity or moisture or something, my ps3 has been up and running for three years and I gotta say I DO NOT take care of it as well as I should. Its left in an area that gathers dust very easily, I leave it off for months at a time when I DO turn it on I leave it on for almost days at a time, maybe stop buying them from where ever you buy them or if you transport it try getting a more stable comfy fit for it, I know shaking a system around can fuck it up and some retailers just throw their tech about. (I saw a local walmart van unloading and they just tossed boxes of em off the van letting them smash on the cement before having a fork lift come and pick em up.

Apr 28, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I'm worried that when I finally fork over the cash for another wireless adapter and a new membership for Live, that it will break.

Actually, I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Xbox at this point. Last time I plugged it in was for Fable 3. Good times, but all I really miss is Cross Game Chat.
Yeah, first one works, but it eats disks. Its eaten Mass Effect, COD4, and Rainbow Six Vegas. So I just bought a new one and keep the old one in my closet somewhere. Second one red ringed a week after the warranty expired. In my rage I destroyed it. A little while later Microsoft said they would extend the warranty. Boy, was I pissed. Third(current) got the E74 error, sent it in and got it repaired. Now the disk drive is screwed up somehow and refuses to load disks most of the time. Have to open/close the tray for about 10 minutes before it works.

Fucking Microsoft and their shitty hardware construction...

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
While I don't have a PS3,it sounds as though it's less to do with console and more to with something else, maybe it's where your plugging it in?

I've gone through two Xbox 360's, and on a third one, as well as mains. The first went down due to an accident involving a wire, while the second was a refurb. The current one's disk draw can be a bit of pain sometimes, but that about it.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

My 360 has never allowed me to create a Live membership. Hell, I created one on the microsoft site and it won't even let me sync to get it on my XBOX... I gave up

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
Irridium said:
Yeah, first one works, but it eats disks. Its eaten Mass Effect, COD4, and Rainbow Six Vegas. So I just bought a new one and keep the old one in my closet somewhere. Second one red ringed a week after the warranty expired. In my rage I destroyed it. A little while later Microsoft said they would extend the warranty. Boy, was I pissed. Third(current) got the E74 error, sent it in and got it repaired. Now the disk drive is screwed up somehow and refuses to load disks most of the time. Have to open/close the tray for about 10 minutes before it works.

Fucking Microsoft and their shitty hardware construction...
This was my reason for getting a ps3 in the first place. Many fewer problems.

op: sorry bro ... that really sucks. when the hardware screws up enough that you've made a handful of purchases, you know there's a problem.

i certainly won't say anything about environment or how you treat it because that type of thing really pisses me off when you're only trying to get an opinion of what to do next. i had a thread with all of my 360 problems about a year ago and people said shit like 'do you stand on it when you play it?' or 'has it collected a bunch of dust?'. ugh, no. i understand how to properly take care of electronic equipment. i just don't know what to do about this or the last 8 faulty pieces of electronic equipment.

best of luck. there's always pc gaming ... not to say it's a 'fall back'. i just enjoy it as i'll always need a good computer for my profession, thus i'll always have a good gaming machine. if a part breaks down, i change it. if the disk gets eaten, i get a patch. if it gets too hot, i get a better fan. computers might seem complex, but they're pushovers.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
olikunmissile said:
OK. My PS3 has just died, again. This is now my 5th PS3 to die.

I've had 4 60GB models, and 1 80GB model (recently deceased).

In order I've had, Yellow light, Graphical card error, Yellow light, Yellow light and now my PS3 turns itself off after 10 mins of use and the light flashes red.

I've gotta ask, what the fuck is going on? They don't see much use, are in a well ventilated area and get cleaned regularly.

Now, When my original 60GB died, I paid £128 for a refurbished 60GB. All of the changes have been free since then but this is becoming a chore.

Anyone else got Xbox Syndrome with their PS3s?
I'm on my fifth PS3, no joke. But unlike you, I've only ever had the 60GB one. They don't seem to last very long; if this next one goes, I'm getting a bloody slim!

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
Ive got the original 40GB fat PS3, and got no problems except it freezes when I use the internet browser on I for long periods of time. Are you using the systems properly, as in turnning off and colling and stuff?

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Only 1 PS3 YLODed on me after 2 years of faithful service. New one serving me pretty good for over a year.

Maybe the place you keep it in is like radio-active, too hot or something.