Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.3: This Future

-IT-

Feb 5, 2008
*Looks at a massive pile of pokémon cards*

Oooh, I like the future :D

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I totally saw that ending coming. But great episode and love the pokemon cards!!

Brandchan

Oct 6, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I threw away all my pokemon cards...
I had a shiny Charizard as well as a limited edition Mew card from the Movies...
WHAT HAVE I DONE!
I was thinking the same thing, though I gave away my cards to someone else. Now, they have all the riches. Noo!

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
My pokemon card collection is rather large if I do say so. It's the combination of 3 siblings collections. I remember we put all our cards together into a giant binder in order of pokemon # and we had all 151 of the originals and multiples of all but a few. We had at least 2 Charizards at one point, my psychic deck had a couple alakazams, gengars, mr. mimes, mewtwos, etc. Some pockets are filled to the point of bursting with dozens of pidgeys, caterpies, and other commons. We made a deck of each type, picked randomly for each battle, and ignored weaknesses to keep it fair. Good times....

redeyecoyote

Jan 30, 2011
Was that mask a shameless nod to Borderlands? Or was there some shame involved?

Or perhaps it's semi-subtle prequel material? And at the end we all say, "oh, Pandora was really Earth, and that kid grows up to be Borderlands."

(you maniacs. you blew it up.)

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Nice Borderlands mask, guessing you guys are borrowing all the props over at Gearbox. Awesome, from the Brothers in Arms, you must have loads of weapons!

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
The series is interesting enough but I'm having some issue with the sound; dialog is too soft and the gunfire too loud. Or, gunfire fine but I have to turn it up too loud to hear the dialog and so...

Technical quirk that maybe can be cleared up in future episodes?

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
GeorgW said:
I totally saw that ending coming. But great episode and love the pokemon cards!!
Then you're a quicker man than me! Although i'm one of those guys who was genuinely surprised with Archangels reveal in ME2, so i'm used to it.

Great episode, funny and the endings got me hooked.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
Dammit my yugioh cards are useless!!!
Nah, you'll be able to use them in Canada. They always have some wonky version of real currency nobody really believes in. I mean, like now the "Canadian Dollar". Pfft.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Gotta say, I'm loving the series thus far, please keep em coming.

So what, does a holographic Charizard buy you Africa?

May 5, 2010
Oh, hello, Borderlands box art guy. Wasn't expecting to see you here.

Anyway. Good episode. This series just gets more and more inventive.

But again, why do you guys need to talk so damn fast? It's kind of hard to follow, and you tend to mumble sometimes.

Other then that, though, great series. One of the best I've seen on this site.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Heh pretty funny stuff. I love the pokemon bit, it seemed like you guys had fun with that scene too.

However, I take one issue with your video. I doubt people would be using glowsticks so carelessly in this post-apocalyptic future. It's not like there are just warehouses on warehouses of the little things. Maybe you're assuming that it is a top secret, high class mission or that each pocket of civilization has men dedicated to the fabrication of low illumination glowsticks but I just could never justify using 4, assuming maybe I have 12 total on me, on one little room. He's lucky the rest of the house wasn't just as dark. He would have gotten nowhere. I am mostly just shocked by your flagrant disregard in using glowsticks. Shocked.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
foxyexplosion said:
Heh pretty funny stuff. I love the pokemon bit, it seemed like you guys had fun with that scene too.

However, I take one issue with your video. I doubt people would be using glowsticks so carelessly in this post-apocalyptic future. It's not like there are just warehouses on warehouses of the little things. Maybe you're assuming that it is a top secret, high class mission or that each pocket of civilization has men dedicated to the fabrication of low illumination glowsticks but I just could never justify using 4, assuming maybe I have 12 total on me, on one little room. He's lucky the rest of the house wasn't just as dark. He would have gotten nowhere. I am mostly just shocked by your flagrant disregard in using glowsticks. Shocked.
I thought one would be enough, and then we kept adding until you could actually see my face.

*the more you know*

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
"*Boom*"
"End of show"

[me dead]

This series is so awesome. Keep up the excellent work guys.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Funny thing is that when he said "you won't believe me if I tell you", I thought it was actually going to be something pretty reasonable.

Best episode so far, and that's just for the pokemon card bit.