Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.7: Little Mikey

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Episode 1.7: Little Mikey

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Anthony gets an unexpected visitor and attempts to flex his single emotion in response. The young traveler comes bearing grave news of what is to happen to Anthony in the coming days. In the words of a good writer, "Something wicked this way comes."

Watch Video

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Oh god, a kid...wait, did he just shoot his older self!?! Ok, that's pretty cool, exploding Canada is funny, but I'm starting to get the feeling that until we see this death bringer the plot isn't going to make any strides.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Tempest13 said:
until we see this death bringer the plot isn't going to make any strides.
Or at least until something happens. This is a great concept, guys! Fix the lighting and give us a plot.

That also requires episodes that are more that ten seconds long

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Why are the episodes are getting shorter? I mean, blowing up Canada with a high five is pretty funny, but where's this series going? I thought it was getting progressively better, but after episode five it's started to decline.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
I still dont know whats going on. 7th episode and main plot hasn't really moved forward, all we have are series or fight scenes and meaningless (cryptic bullshit) conversations.

Meh.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Once again: Subtitles. It wasn't as bad as normal, but still, there are some spots that would benefit from subtitles.

Humor was better in this episode than the others, which is a big praise, considering this show has been very funny. I can take the plot just faffing about as long as it's funny, so I got no problems so far.

Also: why do so many things involving mass destruction end up destroying Canada? I'm not complaining, but why always Canada?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Nooo, not Canada! Why!? Why couldn't it have been New Jersey? It's named after a sweatshirt!

thespis721

Oct 18, 2010
Okay. Good props for actually having a very funny episode and such... but come on... the episode was only 2:30 if you cut out the credits! And it was just 2:30 of a joke with no plot progression! Come on!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Awesome. And anytime a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie is referred to as a documentary, a ballsack grows its first pube.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Dragonsoulq said:
I'm so confused, where is the plot continuity?
Disappeared somewhere between part 3 and part 4. I'm still watching it in the vain hope that everything all comes together in some bizarre Metal Gear Solid fashion, but I doubt it.

This series was off to a good start, but now it's just going everywhere and nowhere at once.

Also, I really wanted to like that kid, I really did. But at the same time...

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
"WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOOT?"

Another awesome episode to this awesome, awesome series.
Can't Wait for more.

Also will it be released on DVD after the seasons over?

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
D'aaaaaawwwww, little Mikey's so cute! ^_^

"What is this all aboot?" You just had to go there, didn't you? ^_^ Poor Canadians.
Loved the episode, keep 'em coming!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Okay, I had no idea what that "meanwhile in canada" bit was tryingto say, mostly because I couldn't make out who the guy in the silly cap was or the one thing he said.

May 5, 2010
Dragonsoulq said:
Yes, I'm starting to notice this too. In each episode, shit just kind of happens. They might introduce a new subplot, but it's immediately forgotten in the next episode.
se7ensenses said:
Canadians get a kick out of how Amerikans say "roof".
Wait, how do we say it? Because if you mean all those crazy people saying "ruhf" (probably the same dumbasses who say "wolf" "wuhf")....They do not represent our country.[footnote]That's the country of AmeriCa, by the way.[/footnote]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Mikey, your accent has changed since you were a kid!
I loved the portrayal of Canada.
It was a little hard to hear again, I thought we were over that.
And I hate not getting all your movie references, I really should start watching movies.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Dragonsoulq said:
Yes, I'm starting to notice this too. In each episode, shit just kind of happens. They might introduce a new subplot, but it's immediately forgotten in the next episode.
se7ensenses said:
We don't forget about it. It all comes back at the end.

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
It was really short this week. I like the episode with a bit of video before the opening credits. This one started and I was like, "what's going on now?"

freakyalex

Nov 20, 2009
Far too short, and there's been no actually plot for live, four episodes now. But it was funny, nonetheless.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
"What is this all aboot?"
Good luck finding out. I've been watching for seven episodes and I've got no clue.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
WaderiAAA said:
NOO! CANADA! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT LRR?
My thoughts exactly, unless its just the mainland. But NOOOOOOOO.

Love the kid though. Good job little Mikey!

WazzizFace

Jul 28, 2008
I love the recurring home-made science bits about future stuff, but please:

-Longer episodes or shorter titles/credits.

-Talk a bit slower.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Do people really have difficulty understanding what these people are saying?

I'm not even from America and I understand them perfectly.

vandwedge

Mar 3, 2011
OK, worst-case scenario: escapist decides not to renew their only decent series for a second season. In such a travesty, is there a chance AStW would be picked up by a different website??

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
As a Canadian I am deeply offended, I mean seriously, we died to a high five, not even a fist bump? What the fuck is this shit?!

But seriously, great episode, although the end reel bloopers could of been a bit funnier.

vandwedge

Mar 3, 2011
Also, to the plot people:
Do we NEED a plot? Is it a requirement in a web series? If we just have funny episodes, isn't that enough?
What's AVGN's overarching plot? What's HAWP's? What's Mega64's? Does anybody care?

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
PayneTrayne said:
As a Canadian I am deeply offended, I mean seriously, we died to a high five, not even a fist bump? What the fuck is this shit?!

But seriously, great episode, although the end reel bloopers could of been a bit funnier.
You are not the first to criticize the lack of a fist bump there. It came down to (on set) that my hand was really gross, and high-fiving a ten-year-old in your own blood is funny. And creepy.

PayneTrayne

Dec 17, 2009
mikeyface said:
PayneTrayne said:

You are not the first to criticize the lack of a fist bump there. It came down to (on set) that my hand was really gross, and high-fiving a ten-year-old in your own blood is funny. And creepy.
True, never thought of it that way. Though the fact that him "blowing you up" ending Canada also would have been pretty lulzy. All around, good shit, good shit. And my pride will get over it.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
se7ensenses said:
How do you say it?

Also, I choose to believe that nobody was shooting at Canada, it was just raining bullets and explosions.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I have to admit, while I do like this series this episode was just waaay too short. You take out the opening and credits it's barely two minutes long! D:

Hopefully there'll be longer episodes in the future. :D

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry about the length on this one. The final two episodes are the longest ever, and are basically a two parter.

This one looked longer on the page, but as it turned out, was the shortest.

dalek sec

Jul 20, 2008
mikeyface said:
Sorry about the length on this one. The final two episodes are the longest ever, and are basically a two parter.

Just wondering but how many episodes do you guys have planned out? :D

I know I whine alot but I generally do enjoy this show alot and look forward to the next one.

I have a three airsoft guns that I don't use anymore that you guys can use if you want. :D

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
dalek sec said:
mikeyface said:

Just wondering but how many episodes do you guys have planned out? :D

I know I whine alot but I generally do enjoy this show alot and look forward to the next one.

I have a three airsoft guns that I don't use anymore that you guys can use if you want. :D
We wrote and shot ten. The 10th episode functions as a series finale, should that be needed.

dalek sec

Jul 20, 2008
mikeyface said:
We wrote and shot ten. The 10th episode functions as a series finale, should that be needed.
Ah ok, thanks for answering my question and hopefully you'll be back for another season.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
The canadian bit at the end was, in my opinion, the first good bit in this series, not cos im racist towards canadians or anything, but cos the explosions didnt look half a fake as normal and it didnt take place in your house, its a step boys, its a step and i thank you for it. All i hope is the improvment keeps up, then ill be glad i stuck with this series, plot is still non existant but deal with one problem at a time :)

Drazeric

Feb 24, 2010
se7ensenses said:

yes yes we do....hey! im going up on the rough lmao...and where did this aboot shit start? i have never met anyone that says that

OT: Pretty funny, not liking how they get shorter and shorter tho....

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Anyone else just flashback to a life cereal commercial when they heard "mikey" being called. Eggs? lets get mikey to eat em he'll eat anything. (even a doubledown)

0mn1p0t3ntg6y

Jan 30, 2011
I just focused everything on the Ray Bradbury reference. But the book was kind of irrelevant to the episode.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Okay, liked the bit where Canada is falling apart with the tuk and the "aboot", but it would have been about 1000 times more epic if you had gotten Graham or Paul or anyone from the LRR team to do that scene.

'Cause they're Canadian.

In case you didn't know.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I'm super excited every time I see an episode of this series! The humor, action, and plot are all really fun, well done, and kick ass. I love that the show is leading somewhere, and that I'm not sure where that is, other then Anthony saving the world. Which is the title. So yea.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Heh, stereotypes. I've never heard any Canadian say "aboot". But thanks for vaporizing my country Mikey. ALL MY STUFF WAS THERE!

dalek sec said:
OOOOH OOH! GIMME!

Feb 13, 2008
Much better. The series works well with quick snappy lines rather than emotional moments - tough to build up in such a small space in time.

Also double kudos to the Kid. (I had a very horrible though about what "Little Mikey" might stand for)

iamthe1

Mar 16, 2011
"Don't call me Broseph." HA! Made my milk shoot out my nose!

Good stuff, I'll have to check out the rest.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
unacomn said:
Nooo, not Canada! Why!? Why couldn't it have been New Jersey? It's named after a sweatshirt!
It's a shame that many people won't get that reference :(
This was a good episode though.

iamthe1

Mar 16, 2011
PayneTrayne said:
Oh, who gives a shit about offending Canadians? What are you gonna do, sic your mounties on us? :p

pliusmannn

Dec 4, 2008
boring. i wish something like doomsday arcade showed up, that show was cool right from the beggining, also they seem to have cancelled the doraleus and assiciates :S lame

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Could we have subtitles or a written dialogue script to refer to please? Even with my volume cranked I only hear/understand about 60-ish percent of it. Taking into account the deliberate cryptic talking that's going on in episodes this leaves me much more confused.

Other than that, from what I can hear/understand of it, this series is shaping up nicely!

se7ensenses

Jun 10, 2009
Drazeric said:
se7ensenses said:

yes yes we do....hey! im going up on the rough lmao...and where did this aboot shit start? i have never met anyone that says that

Yes "rough". Weird?!? Unless you meet someone from maybe the Maritimes(the very east coast of Canada for you laymens), no one says "aboot". But those Noofies are a whole other story...one could probably youtube those crazy bastards & witness some we tod did shite!

PayneTrayne

Dec 17, 2009
iamthe1 said:
PayneTrayne said:
Oh, who gives a shit about offending Canadians? What are you gonna do, sic your mounties on us? :p
I have two friends who are going to be part of the RCMP and I wouldn't really want to fight them.

But srsly, I'd sick the beavers on you.

iamthe1

Mar 16, 2011
PayneTrayne said:
iamthe1 said:
PayneTrayne said:
I have two friends who are going to be part of the RCMP and I wouldn't really want to fight them.

But srsly, I'd sick the beavers on you.
Touche, monsieur. Touche.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
...Yeah, I'm over it. A series of pop culture references and fight scenes held together with spit and string.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
I really want to like the series, I really do, but would it kill you to work on your elocution?
Seriously guys, ee-nun-see-ay-t.
Also, I hate to be rude but your outros tend to be obnoxiously long. 26 seconds of credits, five further seconds of just music and then an extra 20 seconds of outtakes just doesn't cut it for almost a whole minute's worth of video.

A Gray Phantom

Mar 4, 2011
I went in with lowered expectations, and I'm surprised to see this episode surpassed them. It was definitely worse than I thought it was going to be. Kid was kind've adorable, but I didn't find myself laughing at all. WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING?!

I remember Timecop. I remember Timecop didn't make any sense, either. The only real good thing in Timecop was Van Damme himself. He's so badass. I don't understand why he wasn't in the Expendables.

Is there another way of pronouncing "roof" that I'm unaware of?

In other news, Canada exploded and nobody noticed.

Drazeric

Feb 24, 2010
se7ensenses said:
Drazeric said:
se7ensenses said:

Yes "rough". Weird?!? Unless you meet someone from maybe the Maritimes(the very east coast of Canada for you laymens), no one says "aboot". But those Noofies are a whole other story...one could probably youtube those crazy bastards & witness some we tod did shite!
man they speak their own language out there...they dont even understand it

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
OK! That was kinda funny!

I think removing actions scenes from an action movie is a temporary fix to the complaints, but...

*shrug* I felt this was a step in the right direction. Cute even!

You have me hooked for another episode!

Nikki Buskell

Aug 26, 2010
Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing the puzzle pieces mesh up some more. Anthony is also kinda hot in that nerd way.

That's probably the real reason I watch this.

..nah, I'm just kidding. I had to face-palm and chuckle 'aboot' some of it.

More please.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
I didnt get the convo really, and why'd he shoot him in the leg?

The Canada joke was funny. lol.

The_Ghost_Ninja

Dec 28, 2008
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Dragonsoulq said:
se7ensenses said:
Wait, how do we say it? Because if you mean all those crazy people saying "ruhf" (probably the same dumbasses who say "wolf" "wuhf")....They do not represent our country.[footnote]That's the country of AmeriCa, by the way.[/footnote]
Ahaha! Now you know how every Canadian not from Labrador feels.

Vanbael said:
WaderiAAA said:
NOO! CANADA! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT LRR?
My thoughts exactly, unless its just the mainland. But NOOOOOOOO.

Love the kid though. Good job little Mikey!
Islander brofist.