Anthropomorphic Action-RPG Solatorobo Coming to U.S.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
It being cute is a plus but it's gotta be fun to play I will not be seduced into playing a anthro game because anthros are in it. I learned my lesson from playing legacy of kay >=C

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Damn I'll be keeping an eye on this. Just need to see the gameplay first. Since it's on the DS though my hopes arn't very high. Haven't had a good DS game since Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Z of the Na said:
[small]Inb4 rude and senseless furry bashing.[/small][...]
I really don't mean to be rude or senseless, but I notice with games like this, you get your huge hype within those communities, and then you never hear of the game again.

Unfortunately, unlike other games with anthro characters, this one shows me zero gameplay. Therefore... What is it? Is it really an action-RPG? What are we going to see when it's released? I don't have a DS myself, but I hope the game delivers.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
BeerTent said:
Z of the Na said:
I really don't mean to be rude or senseless, but I notice with games like this, you get your huge hype within those communities, and then you never hear of the game again.

Unfortunately, unlike other games with anthro characters, this one shows me zero gameplay. Therefore... What is it? Is it really an action-RPG? What are we going to see when it's released? I don't have a DS myself, but I hope the game delivers.
I've seen gameplay of this, and it borrows from Skies of Arcadia (Ship/Mech Fights), Wild Arms (Overworld Puzzles), and Y's I and II on the PSP (Real-Time Fighting).

Then again, I more or less expected this to make it to the US at some point. I'll likely buy it Day 1, if it makes the smart choice to come out well before Skyrim and the market rush in November.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
KILL IT WITH FIRE! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!

OT:

Cool a new RPG for me to try. Although i AM a bit iffy about playing a game about/with furries..
But whatever, i played kingdom hearts. nothing can get weirder than that (in my book)

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Ya know, back in the 80s and 90s it was normal to have animal mascots in games, practically mandatory even. Now everybody freaks out when the character isn't a skinhead.

Anyway, I believe this got extremely good reviews in Japan so it's worth buying.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Mr. Grey said:
Why did I find this adorable?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about anthropomorphism, but for some reason I found this adorable... and I haven't a clue as to why.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, rats ass........

OT: It looks pretty neat, though I need to see gameplay first of course.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
There's always something charming about conventional animated cutscenes.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
BeerTent said:
Z of the Na said:

I've seen some gameplay from reviews in the UK. Looks to be a bit of a fighting platformer. You can refer to the japanese trailer to see some gameplay.
Your mech can turn into a plane which makes a small feature in the game which is a lot like a flying cart racer, that the review said it could even survive on that mechanic alone since it was so good.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for CyberConnect2 because of the .hack series, so I will almost assuredly be picking this up. Thank you, Escapist, for yet again introducing me to titles that I don't have money for but will still be buying anyways. My bank account curses you while I gleefully ignore it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Steampunk mechs, sweet airships and floating islands.

Where do I find out more?

(I couldn't care less about whether the characters involved are human or anthro-animals.)