Anti Flugzeug (a World War 2/Steampunk RP, open to all)

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Alison took off her aviator's cap and goggles and stashed it in her pocket as she hopped off the boat, careful not to get her feet wet. She shook her hair free and flicked it over her back while they walked, and as they got further from the cold winds whipping across the channel, she unbuttoned her jacket. She slipped past the lieutenant as he asked his superfluous question and decided to ask a much more important one. -Or at least, much more important to her- "So! I'm Flight Lieutenant Snow, or you could call me Alison, or Ali if you really want but I'd rather you didn't. I'm getting sidetracked. Which one of you is my wingman?"
Another important question: Considering the war started two years early, and the whole Dunkirk kerfuffle happened in mid-1940, is Dunkirk under Allied or Axis control?

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Anders stood up and shook Snow's hand "Seargent Arthur Anders reporting ma'am an I'm sure we'll love working together!" he put on his hat "I'm not your wingman but I'm sure we'll have a time-an-a-half together. The Military is the first job that's kept me for more than a month, but I'm jolly good at it. Oh! and I think he's your wingman." he finished, gesturing at another sitting at the tanle.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Alison looked at the two seated at the table. "No he's not." She said, leaning over to shake hands. "No offence to the two of you, I don't think you'd be able to do much more than stall and panic." She glanced at the welding goggles and work gloves of the blonde man "You probably know your way around an engine though, so a pre-emptive thanks for the help you'll be giving me." she added, giving a mock curtsey then turned back to Anders. "Judging from your jacket you'll at least be in the air with me, so I expect one hundred and ten percent from you to keep my wings from turning it a surprisingly iron rich Swiss cheese." She pulled out a chair and sat down. This wasn't a time to stand on ceremony. "Love the tie by the way." She added.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
Locke Suddenly stirred. He had actually been asleep, just in an upright position. He had caught so little sleep lately that he had jumped at the chance. He looked up at the attractive woman at the table and said,

"Hi there. I'll be the one sliding through vents and slitting throats behind the scenes. You can call me Ghost. And what can I call you?"

Jeff Gibson

May 6, 2010
Dan stood up to shake Alison's hand, and smiled when she thanked him in advance for his work. "You're most welcome, Miss Snow." He then turned his head to the rest of the group, seeing the man next to him wake up out of the corner of his eye. "To answer your earlier question: Yes, we're your reinforcements." He held his hand out to them. "Dan O'Connor, at your service. I'll be keeping your gear in working order."

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
"For the third time in as many hours, I'm Flight Lieutenant Alison Snow. Call me what you want, just don't fall asleep in the vents" Alison said brusquely. "Well, within reason" she added, not wanting anyone to start taking liberties. People had a habit of doing that around her. "Darling" or "Sweetheart" were at the top of the list of chauvinistic nicknames she hated with a passion. She understood women didn't have the same positions as men, but she was in the RAF for God's sake. Surely that counted for some respect?

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
as if hearing her thoughts Price began to talk to her
"Respect my dear is earned, To civilians you can demand respect but here with all of us being a similar rank, with the only exception being me you commanding officer. Which I am starting to wonder if your having trouble grasping the concept of that."

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
"When did I question anyone's respect, sir?" Alison asked in her accustomed "Military voice" she adopted whenever speaking to anyone with a higher position than her. She was usually very careful to keep it on at all times when around new people, and she certainly wasn't going to reveal any modern "equality" views she held. That was what she was interested on her leave, not on the job. "I'm sorry for speaking out of turn sir, but I was trying to be as efficient as possible. Were these men not our reinforcements, they would either be civilians or enemy spies. The former being of negligible importance, and the latter being of great importance. Should these men actually be spies, I will make it my duty to see they not leave this bunker alive. Should they succeed in escaping, they will have one name of a dead pilot, and no links or further details, but when our bodies are found, the allied forces in the area will crack down, sir." Alison was speaking faster than her brain could properly follow, but when she finished, she thought back and couldn't find anything wrong with what she had said. "I won't cross you again unless absolutely necessary for the success of the mission, sir" she finished, snapping a salute in a deliberately overly formal manner. She had been faking the salutes and respect for two years, and this was no more genuine than any of the others, but nor was it any less convincing. Ironically, the reason she didn't respect anyone of higher authority was because of exactly what the lieutenant had just said. Respect had to be earned.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Anders looked at her for a moment in shocked silence before closing his mouth and saying "Well! That was quite a mouthfull! And what was that 'bout enemy spies? Ain't Lord Churchill the best spy-er in the business? There was a clunk from outside signalling the dropping of the hangar door and a bell signalling lord-knows-what, causing the seargent's grin to widen so much that a casual observer might worry as to if his skull might pop out of his mouth. "My tank's ready!" He enthused, "Anyone wanna see it?"

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
"I wouldn't be arrogant enough to say I'm the best spy there is, but it's hard to find someone better than me. But anyway, when to we get to base?"

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
"Tank? But you're an aviator." Alison asked, confusedly and slowly raising an eyebrow before it dawned on her. "You have an air-tank?" She exclaimed excitedly. "I need to know everything about it. Everything. I can fly planes easily, but I could never pilot an airship." She shot out rapidly, missing Ghost's speech entirely, though not deliberately. She turned to Price and snapped a salute "Permission to be excused, sir?" she asked, barely containing the excitement in her voice, trying as hard as she could to stay still and not rush to see if it used Jeunet-Carot engines or the slower but more reliable Merlin.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
Locke whistled as he saw the tank and began strolling towards it. He started looking around fro the best place to stick a bomb or loosen a particularly important screw. It was a nice machine but he still preferred using his wits and skills to get the mission done. He ran his hand along the side before squatting down behind it to look at the belly.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
"Permission Granted" stated Brian giving Alison a small wink.
"I am afraid the Tank won't be of much use, we can't really avoid attention When one of us has a floating tank. Though It can be used to get the Nazi's to think we're somewhere we're not."
Brian had seen tanks, this one was a great example. An armored vehicle that hovered on the ground, He believed this line started after the Dieppe Raid. That armor was thick it could withstand explosions thats what they said they said the armor would protect you.

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
Jaquiline stood back as the other crew got acquainted with one another, watching the dynamics with a analyzing critique.
'a gun-ho pilot, an airtank mechanic, a drowzy covert-ops, a comander with a tight lip and a Frenchman... ' She thought to herself, she may not have enough supplies to increase everyone productivity... she was so hard in thought she missed most of the introductions.. and then, the tank rolled in..

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
"Great machine isn't it?" Exclaimed Anders, staning suddenly behind Locke with his usual cheshire-cat grin "Gargoyle-3 with reinforced dirigible, Jeunet-Carot engines and a gun that goes [i/]RATATATATATATAT![/i]" He walked around, inspecting it with the air of a man looking a gift horse in the mouth. "Quiet too! Could drop you off and get out without anyone knowing we were there. Except for the dead guards and the missing intellegence. And I meant [i/]Winston[/i] Churchill, not you."