Anticipated titles in 2009 (and things you don't want to see)

jh322

May 14, 2008
Apologies if this is around somewhere already but I searched and didn't find anything.

So, titles in 2009 (and i supposed a little further into the future too).

I'm looking forward to Portal 2, Final Fantasy XIII Guild Wars 2 (probably '10), something that will make the PS3 really stand out on its own and the new street fighter.

Also...if they announce another Halo I might cry. It's been done, it peaked, and now you're just milking it, PLEASE don't be another nintendo.

jh322

May 14, 2008
Missed one: looking forward to more info on gears 3, because gears 2 is awesome (so far)

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
This topic has been done to death, but I'll toss my chip into the pile.

Street Fighter IV, maybe Champions Online, and not much else. Nothing's really grabbed my attention.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
jh322 said:
Also...if they announce another Halo I might cry. It's been done, it peaked, and now you're just milking it, PLEASE don't be another nintendo.
You already knew about Halo 3: Recon, right?

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Yea, there are going to be two more Halos for '09, Halo Wars and Halo 3: Recon and I'm looking forward to them both. Look, I understand if you don't like Halo, but after about a billion "I hate Halo" threads here its starting to get a little old.

Also theres the possiblity of the KOTORTORMMORPG (how's THAT for an acronym) being released in 2009 which has me excited.

crazy-j

Sep 15, 2008
Omega 2521 said:
Yea, there are going to be two more Halos for '09, Halo Wars and Halo 3: Recon and I'm looking forward to them both. Look I understand if you don't like Halo, but after about a billion "I hate Halo" threads here its starting to get a little old.

Also theres the possiblity of the KOTORTORMMORPG (how's THAT for an acronym)being released in 2009 which has me excited.
nice acronym

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
jh322 said:
Apologies if this is around somewhere already but I searched and didn't find anything.

So, titles in 2009 (and i supposed a little further into the future too).

I'm looking forward to Portal 2, Final Fantasy XIII Guild Wars 2 (probably '10), something that will make the PS3 really stand out on its own and the new street fighter.

halo 3 recon sorry. due next october november ish

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Killzone 2?, Heavy Rain?, White Knight Chronicles?, The agency?(Cross-platform PC/PS3.), GoW3?, FF13?, InFa2mous?, MAG?, Yakuza3?, MIA Titles that could appear. Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Uncharted 2?

All reasons to buy a ps3.

(Now don't even debate FF13, Because I will pull out a list of titles that went to other platforms and they took less time to switch then FF13 ever will.)

Zyrusticae

Nov 10, 2008
Street Fighter IV, Champions Online, like Space Spoons said. I'm kinda looking forward to Sims 3, just because I'm curious as to exactly how much of a difference the changes make, and not so much the actual game (which I got tired of after seeing the exact same animations for many, many hours...).

Oh, and Starcraft 2.

Other than that, though, it's looking like a remarkably empty year.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Looking forward to Portal 2 and Raving Rabbids TV Party. Craving more updates to TF2

Once thought the idea of Mortal Kombat Vs DC sounded cool, shown sadly wrong and dreading its foul release on the world.

jh322

May 14, 2008
Omega 2521 said:
Yea, there are going to be two more Halos for '09, Halo Wars and Halo 3: Recon and I'm looking forward to them both. Look, I understand if you don't like Halo, but after about a billion "I hate Halo" threads here its starting to get a little old.

Also theres the possiblity of the KOTORTORMMORPG (how's THAT for an acronym) being released in 2009 which has me excited.
Don't hate halo at all, actually was a big fan of 1 and 2, but 3 was a big let down in my opinion. Didn't really add anything to the franchise.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
jh322 said:
Omega 2521 said:

Don't hate halo at all, actually was a big fan of 1 and 2, but 3 was a big let down in my opinion. Didn't really add anything to the franchise.
Understandable, I found Halo 3 as a polished version of Halo 2 (oh how I love the forge). But Halo Wars is a completely different style game, being an RTS and all, and Halo 3: Recon is moving the franchise from "invincible superhero" to "stealthy assassin".

As a side note I forgot part of the acronym, it should infact be: the SWKOTORTORMMORPG.

EDIT: To avoid any confusion, the acronym stands for: "Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic: The Old Republic Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game".

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Omega 2521 said:
jh322 said:
Omega 2521 said:

Understandable, I found Halo 3 as a polished version of Halo 2 (oh how I love the forge). But Halo Wars is a completely different style game, being an RTS and all, and Halo 3: Recon is moving the franchise from "invincible superhero" to "stealthy assassin".

As a side note I forgot part of the acronym, it should infact be: the SWKOTORTORMMORPG.
They never said you had to be stealthy. It will be no hitman, theif or splinter cell. Just imagine halo 1 without the shields.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
True, they never did say that you had to be stealthy, but hopefully people will realize when their old tactics don't apply anymore to use stealth in order to stay alive. If they don't, well, then Natural Selection will take care of the rest.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Star Ocean 4. That's about it. I'm just praying it comes out before 2010. I'm also hoping for a new DS Zelda, preferably one that doesn't force me to do silly things with my hardware to progress through the game.

Also, just a note. I believe the working title would be SW:TOR MMORPG. TOR is taken from KOTOR, not added to it.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
God of War III, although that will probably come out in 2010. I have this really bad feeling that it'll score lower than 80% on Metacritic. Ooh, I'm just such a raging fanboy aren't I?