Anticipated titles in 2009 (and things you don't want to see)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
having just played the mirrors edge demo over more times than I would care to admit
You are aware that Mirror's Edge is being released on the PC, the 360 and the PS3 right (that I know of, admittedly I'm unaware if it's being released on the wii)

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Star Wars Battlefront 3, yes please.
pore 2, please no.
Portal 2, please yes.
Half-Life 2 Episode 3, I don't care when it comes out. Soon, yay! Far in the future, results in impeccable quality and longer game, yay!

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
pore 2, please no.
Portal 2, please yes.
Half-Life 2 Episode 3, I don't care when it comes out. Soon, yay! Far in the future, results in impeccable quality and longer game, yay!
Longer game as in 8 hours of gameplay maybe?

Mariena said:
Empire: Total War and Saints Row 2, 's all really. I don't pay much attention to game release dates otherwise. I learned from my mistakes when I decided to pay attention to Stalker when it was announced.
Lemme guess; You got your ass tossed around like a salad then diced sliced and put into an oven at 180F for six hours then thrown on the ground and pissed on by some guy that took 50+ shots to kill even in the head?

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Street Fighter IV, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2 and Final Fantasy XIII (please Square make the comabt system good and not so bad like in FF XII).

Oh and I don't know if it is going to be released in 2009 but Prince Of Persia 4.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm gonna have to throw my chips into the pile and say Prototype. I can't wait to see this one. And let's not forget Bioshock 2 and some information on the Mass Effect sequel.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Hmm, 2009, 2009...What games might be coming out in 2009?

ONLY THE TWO GAMES I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOST SINCE FOREVER!

Sorry. Ahem. But seriously, people. Empire: Total War? Battlestations Pacific? Anyone?
It's funny how I'm obsessing over these games and no one else has even heard of them.

Oh, I see two people know of the glory that will be Empire: Total War. Thank you, Quick Ben and Mariena.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
Spore 2, please no.
Portal 2, please yes.
Fixed.

I want Portal 2, BioShock 2, the new Infinity Ward Call of Duty (Not this Treyarch crap), Episode 3, and oddly enough, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Maddenfreak

Jul 15, 2008
battlefront 3 is one I personally look forward to. They've made us wait for what, like 3 years, it better be good

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Being the old school Final Fantasy Fanboy that I am... I cannot fucking wait for FFXIII, I will love it and then I will trash it on forums, it is the way of our people. I would be excited about Empire: Total War, but I doubt I'll be able to run it. Dragon Age springs to mind and I hope Mass Effect 2 pops up sometime in '09. Portal 2 will hopefully live up to the original, I doubt that however.

Also, Arc Rise Fantasia should be cool. World Destroyer should be good and Dragon Quest 9 looks excellent. All of these are scheduled for an '09 release.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
Mariena said:
Empire: Total War and Saints Row 2, 's all really. I don't pay much attention to game release dates otherwise. I learned from my mistakes when I decided to pay attention to Stalker when it was announced.
Lemme guess; You got your ass tossed around like a salad then diced sliced and put into an oven at 180F for six hours then thrown on the ground and pissed on by some guy that took 50+ shots to kill even in the head?
Oh hell no. I kicked their butts. Kicked em all and kicked em again. What I meant, though, is that I was really interested in Stalker. Glee, happy, and oh my god this game is the best thing ever!

Then it was delayed. Then they removed coop. Then it was delayed again. Then there was no news for 6 months. Then it was delayed again. Then they removed more features. Then it came out, and it was a disappointment.

So, I learned not to have any hopes up for any game anymore, and especially not follow their release dates, because I'll only be disappointed as soon as they delay it yet again. If you have no expectations, you can't be disappointed :)

These days I just sit back, play a few games and then suddenly I read all about it.. "Game X is out! Get it now!"

Oh. Okay.

jh322

May 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
having just played the mirrors edge demo over more times than I would care to admit
You are aware that Mirror's Edge is being released on the PC, the 360 and the PS3 right (that I know of, admittedly I'm unaware if it's being released on the wii)
Yeah I didn't know that when I posted, I thought it was exclusive because of some of the adverts and reviewer's quotes. The windows version apparantly won't come out for a while...but i'm getting it for my ps3 (not xbox) purely for the novelty of getting some use out of the sixaxis. Obviously would have got it anyway because the demo... how did he put it? "Sucked me in like a triple-cunted-hooker"