Anticipation '09

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
Bioshock 2,
AC 2,
Uncharted 2,
Mass Effect 2,
The Old Republic (Unlikely I know, but I can always hope),
That OTHER Bioware Game (Dragonsomething Origins, I can't be bothered to remember)
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
Starcraft 2

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
5th post was the first with a non-sequel in it. Think back guys, when was the last time a major sequel lived up to its hype?

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
BioShock 2 and CoD4: MW2 are the ones I wanna see the most. Also, any news on Quake 5 is fine by me.

dcheppy

Dec 8, 2008
I'm looking forward to new games. You know things that aren't sequels.(although God of War 3 is a must buy for me)

Heavy Rain
inFAMOUS
Bruatl Legend

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Empire: Total War (out, just waiting for the inevitable "now you've got it! Great job!" patch)
Mount&Blade Warband (coming Q3)
Hearts of Iron 3 (coming Q4)

Yeah, I'd say that's the entire list. Maybe Sims 3, but (a) I'm going to see if they release it on Steam before buying and (b) definitely waiting for the reviews.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm most looking forward to Mass Effect 2, although that's going to be in 2010.

Other ones I'm keeping an eye on are Modern Warfare 2, and some oldies I've never played, including Baldur's Gate, Diablo I+II, and the Fallout games.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
God of war 3. too bad i probably never get a ps3 :((((.

MW2. hope it can live up to the original MW.

maybe Diablo 3, if it doesnt suck as much as D2.

i hope there would come a new expansion to titan quest, but im probably just dreaming.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
God of War 3, Mass Effect 2 and possibly Prototype. Haven't bothered to read much on that last one.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
Broken Wings said:
Learchuz said:
2009 looks to be a great year for gaming already! Post your expectations, hopes, and favorite previews for this year!

Mass Effect 2
CoD Modern Warfare 2
Starcraft 2

Just a few as you can see, but post what you expect to be good this year.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh please forgi-HAHAHA sorry sorry sorry, it's just that you think Starcraft 2 is coming out this year. Good luck with that man.

HAHAHA Just like StarCraft Ghost!!
http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/478/StarCraft-Ghost/

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
DoW2, Empire: Total War and Tales of Valor have come out so I'm not really eager for any other games which are confirmed 2009 releases.

Maybe E3 will announce something I care about.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Half Life 2: Episode 3 - I really hope this comes out this year, or at least gets mentioned. Damn you Valve, and your spazzy timeframes.
Modern Warfare 2 - Like a previous poster has said, it better be on par with CoD4.
God of War 3 - Hopefully people stop saying GoW is Gears of War by the time of its release. *shakes fist*
I might also have a look at Assassin's Creed 2 when it comes out, but there's no way in hell I'll buy it so readily like the others. The original AC made me tear out my eyeballs from boredom - thank god I learned how to drive by smell.

Indigo_Dingo said:
God Of War III Would have come second to Starcraft II, if it was released as one. As it stands, its the best game of the year.
Holy fucking shit! You're on 10,000 posts?! I didn't even know there was a rank past Gonzo... you truly are a freak (in a good way).

FranzTyphid

Apr 10, 2009
prototype
half life 2:episode 3
assassins creed 2
that batman one
COD modern warfare 2
it would be nice if there was loads of new games rather than sequels
make a game where your jesus
then i'll be happy....
oh it will be called
Nuclear Jesus Fight

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
Kogarian said:
I'm getting a new rubber duck for my bathtub.
Which model?
I only ask because I've been browsing some stores and a nice looking pink one caught my eye. I'm concerned it may be a unlicensed cheap knockoff because... well, whens the last time you saw a pink duck?
I saw those pink ducks before. And this weird light green type. I'm sticking with the yellow duck though. Call me old school, but the idea of having a pink duck...staring at my naked body...freaks me right out. Especially when it saunters up and caresses my thigh. The yellow ones are the only type you can trust.

Learchuz

Feb 3, 2009
Yeeeeeeeeahh maybe a couple of mine might not be coming out this year. But, one can only hope.
Forgot to put down Prototype. Assassin's Creed + The Hulk XD

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Prototype
Starcraft 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Demigod just came out, I'm going to pick up a copy soon
And dammit, if Valve doesn't release some info about Half-Life 2 Episode 3 soon my head is going to explode.