Any game soundtracks you regularly listen to?

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Age of Empires 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
Various Zelda, Final Fantasy and Uncharted themes mostly.

I've also stopped listening to the soundtracks from the Gran Turismo series in the car... for obvious reasons
(including speeding tickets)

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
DoPo said:
I've got the following and I'm very fond of them:

Bastion
Black Mesa
Bloodlines
Crimsonland (the soundtracks of both v1.3 and v1.9)
Death Illustrated
Frozen Synapse
Mirror's Edge
Morrowind
Quake 3

I like the Mirror's Edge one the most - it's absolutely perfect in any sense. Although the others aren't far behind.
You should look up the rest of Solar Fields' discography then. There's a good reason why they picked him to score Mirror's Edge: everything he does is that awesome. I think my favorite album of his so far is Movements.

OP: Yeah, I listen to a lot of game music. Anything from Uncharted to Halo to Donkey Kong Country. Hell, most of the music I have on my ipod is from movies and games.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
It may not be game related, but I adore the Thomas the Tank Engine Soundtrack.
<youtube=jXruFn6Erso>

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
I'm going to buck the trend here and say the soundtrack to Shatter. The game itself isn't much, though pretty fun to burn a small amount of time (it's just a pong clone). But the soundtrack is amazing. Definitely give it a check if you've some spare time.

Oh, and WoW: MoP. Say what you want about the game, but the soundtrack to this expansion is superb.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Theraz said:
Simply one of the best OSTs I've heard:

Have to agree here, listen to a handful of tracks from it at least once a day, adding from this soundtrack a few others I adore

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Sarah Kerrigan said:
I have been listening to the Metal Gear Rising Vocal tracks, and I recently downlaoded the songs from Sam's DLC which is pretty badass. I have also been listening to the songs leaked from FarCry 3; BloodDragon because come on, it's badass 80s synth.
You didn't happen to download the version of "I'm My Own Master Now" that you hear before Sam fights against Bladewolf did you? Been looking for it but I'm not sure if it's an actual full track or just a little something they put in at the start of the fight.

OT: Yeah...another one for the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Shit's awesome!

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Your friends are dicks. What could they possibly be listening to if they feel so superior?

I love many movie and game soundtracks. The most common game soundtracks I go through would probably be the epic orchestral work on Shadow of the Colossus and Total Annihilation, 16-bit classic's Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Super Metroid, and my favourite of all, a soundtrack inspired heavily by the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Lineage 2.

Can't live without 'em.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I have several Game Soundtracks, but the only ones I regularly listen to are Bastion and Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game.

PapstJL4U

Jan 10, 2012
<youtube=hVsjLPF5JaY>
Hitman (Contracts and BloodMonney), BlazBlue, Melty Blood, Halo and of course Jet Set Radio Future. :D

Fatheadicus

Mar 16, 2009
I am surprised that no one has mentioned:

FTL: Faster Than Light sound track. Do yourselves a favour and get both that and Ben Prunty's other album "Chromatic T-rex".

This is one of the few game albums that i listen to on a regular basis. Very relaxing to listen to while driving.

Biggyzoom

Jan 9, 2013
Ones I listen to on a regular basis:

Silent Hill 2
Okami
Dodonpachi Resurrection
Deathsmiles.
Crush 40 - Crush 40 (Sonic Adventure 1&2 and NASCAR Arcade)

Dodonpachi and Deathsmiles both came included with the game. Silent Hill 2 and Okami I went through the effort of importing. Okami comes in a 5-disc set and cost me £30, relatively cheap considering most Japanese music is really expensive.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Silent Hill 3
Radiata Stories
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy XIII
Grandia 3
The 7th Guest
Starcraft

TecnoMonkey

Jul 2, 2012
Have no idea how some people here regularly listen to the ME3 soundtrack, I mean the OST is fine but it's not that good or even memorable. In fact the only piece of music that I keep listening to of the whole trilogy is the music from Upper Afterlife in ME2 and even then that piece was recycled from a NSF game.

I also listen to a lot of the Deus Ex, Deus Ex:HR, Journey and Sindicate OSTs.

SweetLemonTea

Dec 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure the max anarchy OST can be found on I-tunes so I disagree with the OP.

Other than that I usually listen to the soundtrack of no more heroes 1 and 2 with "Pleather for the breakfast" and "Philistine" being my personal favorites.

There's also another game's soundtrack I listen to:

{Project Diva Extend}

DON'T JUDGE ME OKAY!?

MadBlueWinnie

Dec 5, 2009
I put on the Bastion soundtrack when playing League of Legends. Something about Spike In The Rail or The Slinger's Song gets me in the mood for some PvP :D

Rob Robson

Feb 21, 2013
Flamb3Nobunaga said:
laughed at me for listening to game soundtracks
How DARE they??

I personally can't get through a week without listening to the Age of Conan soundtrack: