Any game soundtracks you regularly listen to?

compaqdeskpro

Apr 15, 2013
American McGee's Alice both 1 and 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Halo: CE (I actually bought the boxed soundtrack for this)
Crysis
Call of Duty: World At War (Possibly the last quality COD made)
Portal (Mostly 2)

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
DoPo said:
I've got the following and I'm very fond of them:

Bastion
Black Mesa
Bloodlines
Crimsonland (the soundtracks of both v1.3 and v1.9)
Death Illustrated
Frozen Synapse
Mirror's Edge
Morrowind
Quake 3

I like the Mirror's Edge one the most - it's absolutely perfect in any sense. Although the others aren't far behind.
You should look up the rest of Solar Fields' discography then. There's a good reason why they picked him to score Mirror's Edge: everything he does is that awesome. I think my favorite album of his so far is Movements.
Im going to second that , I?ve written thousands of lines of code to their stuff . they are freaking amazing .

OT: Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been a resent favored of mine . if you like it check out other stuff by Michael McCann (he also did the soundtrack to Splinter Cell: Double Agent )

Other recommendations :

Portal 2
Fallen Earth
Dear Esther
Super meat boy
Age of Conan / expansions
Darksiders 2
Bastion
Journey
S.T.A.L.K.E.R ( not mooze?s best work so check out his other stuff first )
Castlevania (original)
ANNO 2070

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In order of most listened-
Viewtiful Joe
Xenoblade Chronicle
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4
The World Ends With You
Gotcha Force

The following are something I used to listened to/ rarely listen-
No More Heroes
Okami
Metroid Prime 1-3
Golden Sun
Phantom Crash
F-Zero GX
Phantasy Star Online Card Revolution
Mad World

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
DarkSiders 2. Most of my favorites are on the Extended disc project.

Jesper Kyd is amazing.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
anthony87 said:
Sarah Kerrigan said:
I have been listening to the Metal Gear Rising Vocal tracks, and I recently downlaoded the songs from Sam's DLC which is pretty badass. I have also been listening to the songs leaked from FarCry 3; BloodDragon because come on, it's badass 80s synth.
You didn't happen to download the version of "I'm My Own Master Now" that you hear before Sam fights against Bladewolf did you? Been looking for it but I'm not sure if it's an actual full track or just a little something they put in at the start of the fight.

OT: Yeah...another one for the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Shit's awesome!
I've been looking for that one too! I've found every other track, but the remix of 'I'm my own master now' XD

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Tom_green_day said:
Mass Effect 3. So much. It's just literally so great. I've also listened a bit to music from Red Dead Redemption and Borderlands 2, as the music is quite great in its own right, although they aren't original for all of them.
I listened to the music for Brutal Legend before the game...
Damn, that would have been my answer.

Well, you can say a lot about ME3, but it definitely had some damn good music, even if it wasn't the same synth style of ME1.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:
DoPo said:
I've got the following and I'm very fond of them:

Bastion
Black Mesa
Bloodlines
Crimsonland (the soundtracks of both v1.3 and v1.9)
Death Illustrated
Frozen Synapse
Mirror's Edge
Morrowind
Quake 3

I like the Mirror's Edge one the most - it's absolutely perfect in any sense. Although the others aren't far behind.
You should look up the rest of Solar Fields' discography then. There's a good reason why they picked him to score Mirror's Edge: everything he does is that awesome. I think my favorite album of his so far is Movements.
Im going to second that , I?ve written thousands of lines of code to their stuff . they are freaking amazing .

OT: Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been a resent favored of mine . if you like it check out other stuff by Michael McCann (he also did the soundtrack to Splinter Cell: Double Agent )

Other recommendations :

Portal 2
Fallen Earth
Dear Esther
Super meat boy
Age of Conan / expansions
Darksiders 2
Bastion
Journey
S.T.A.L.K.E.R ( not mooze?s best work so check out his other stuff first )
Castlevania (original)
ANNO 2070
Agreed with you there. I've made some of my best 3D models while listening to Solar Fields. Really helps with putting you into a good mindset: really clears your mental state.

And about Michael McCann and the DX:HR soundtrack: get the extracts from the game too. They're definitely worth a listen. And the Missing Link music is fantastic too.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Flamb3Nobunaga said:
I listen to the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack at the gym.
Ha! That's perfect. As for me, I have an entire playlist of individual, original video game songs. I've got:

- One-Winged Angel from FF7

- Armed with Death from The Walking Dead (Telltale)

- Will the Circle be Unbroken from Bioshock Infinite (a song good enough to make me want to play the game)

- The Legendary Battle Theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

- The End Begins from God of War 2

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
Agreed with you there. I've made some of my best 3D models while listening to Solar Fields. Really helps with putting you into a good mindset: really clears your mental state.

And about Michael McCann and the DX:HR soundtrack: get the extracts from the game too. They're definitely worth a listen. And the Missing Link music is fantastic too.
Thanks for that , didn?t even know the missing link added new tracks .

anything else you want to recommend ?

an annoyed writer

Jun 21, 2012
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:

Thanks for that , didn?t even know the missing link added new tracks .

anything else you want to recommend ?
No problem. Keep in mind though that Square and McCann didn't officially release the tracks, so you'll have to go through a third party to get them. The peeps at ffshrine have a massive soundtrack library though, and that's where I got that music from. If it's not on the official soundtrack, it might be there. As for recommendations for music, I'd suggest you look up Bluetech and Helios. Bluetech does a lot of electronic ambient music, while Helios is more acoustic. As for game soundtracks, here's a short list of ones I like to listen to a lot:

Deus Ex series
Borderlands series
Metal Gear
Mass Effect
Ratchet & Clank
Jak and Daxter series
Silent Hill 2
Splinter Cell series
Uncharted series
Hitman series
Halo Series
Alan Wake
Batman: Arkham City
Zelda series
Star Fox series
Donkey Kong Country series

and so on. If you want more, I'll spit out a few more.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Flatout 2, just as a good collection of songs. The other one I enjoy listening to is the Bastion soundtrack.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
Recently I've been listening to a lot of tunes from the Super Robot Wars series. Also NieR's soundtrack holds some of the best music I've ever heard.

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
look up Bluetech and Helios. Bluetech does a lot of electronic ambient music, while Helios is more acoustic.
I love Helios (and pretty much everything else Keith Kenniff made ). Bluetech however I?ve never heard about . thanks, I?ll check them out .

And so not to completely derail this thread here are a few more ambient / electronic game OST?s

X3 reunion (and the X3 series as a whole)
Portal 2
Quake ( if you like that also check out Trent Reznor?s Ghosts)
Frozen Synapse + expansion
Hotline Miami

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I don't really...

I listen to the soundtrack from the movie 'Drive' and a lot of 'Two Steps from Hell' but they aren't game music.

an annoyed writer

Jun 21, 2012
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:
look up Bluetech and Helios. Bluetech does a lot of electronic ambient music, while Helios is more acoustic.
I love Helios (and pretty much everything else Keith Kenniff made ). Bluetech however I?ve never heard about . thanks, I?ll check them out .

And so not to completely derail this thread here are a few more ambient / electronic game OST?s

Portal 2
Hotline Miami
Those are some really good ones! I'd like to add another to the list:

Neotokyo. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxfEUl9VWg0&list=PL74667B5371290506]

Ed Harrison is a musical genius. There's such variety in that soundtrack.

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:

Portal 2
Hotline Miami

Oh man that?s fucking awesome the aesthetics kinda remind me of ghost in the shell. is the game worth playing? .

an annoyed writer

Jun 21, 2012
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:
Zoe Castillo said:
an annoyed writer said:

Portal 2
Hotline Miami

Oh man that?s fucking awesome the aesthetics kinda remind me of ghost in the shell. is the game worth playing? .
Yeah, the aesthetic is quite slick, and if you like class-based multiplayer, give it a shot. You might like it.