Any one else secretly wishes the world actually does end in december?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Now to start i do not believe that the apocalypse will arrive in december 2012 . But i wish it would . Now i am not a person that wishes ill to anyone nor do i think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited ( well actually i do but thats not the reason). The reason is i would just like to see it happen. How many people would really be able to say , i am watching the end of the world .

I don't WANT to die , i am not depressive ( well not tothe extend to want to die ) , but if i have to go out well the end of the world seems like a pretty valid way to go out . But i would never admit this outside the internet .

Anyways , so Escapist , anyone actually hoping this happens? What are your thoughts about this apocalypse thing?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I have to admit, even though it would be terrible, part of me wishes some sort of civilisation-destroying apocalypse would happen, with the caveat a reasonable number of people including myself would still be alive. The idea of rebuilding civilisation from scratch seems attractive to me for some reason. I'm sure I'd regret that though if it actually did happen, and in reality I would do anything to prevent such a destructive event coming to pass.

That said, I very much do not want to see the entire world destroyed as it would be very sad for the human race to die out now, plus I love life and dying now just as I'm about to go out and explore the world would suck big time.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Ummmmmm...short answer...no.

Now i am not a person that wishes ill to anyone nor do i think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited ( well actually i do but thats not the reason).
I call shenanigans. That is wishing ill on people. About 7 billion of us.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
In reality, no, I would not wish for any sort of apocalypse. Even if it were a partial one, I enjoy my comfortable lifestyle far too much to choose that over what I have.

But if it had to happen and I had a choice as to how, I'd say I want not a total apocalypse, but a pretty severe collapse in society. Where everybody is scattered into groups and, as humanity, we must salvage what we can and join together and fight some universal enemy. Something like the show Falling Skies.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
It depends on my results revealed in March.
If they're bad? Oh yes please, end it all!
If they're good? Nope. I want to live. LIVE!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Nah. All things considered, I like living.

[small]Plus I'd have only been at uni for three months, which would kinda suck.[/small]

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
Hell no! as much as life can suck sometimes, living is still awesome

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Well if the end does come, I sure wish you a slow death, so you can watch all of it and enjoy. Maybe you could watch your mother die, too. Wouldn't that be incredible!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I kind of do out of some twisted sense of curiousity, just to see if they're right. But for the most part, no I like living

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Nope.

I'm already warming up my `I told you so` speech for my mother, who is inclined to believe any kind of bull.

I dont get the fuss about `TEH END OF THE WORLD!`, I mean, we're all gonna die. So what if it happens at the same time as everyone else.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Not hoping, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. We all die someday, and I've enjoyed my life enough to only have a handful of regrets. Collapse of society would be preferable so we can all rebuild it from scratch, but it's whatever.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
It would be selfish to wish for the end of the world. No I never have or will.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
with the caveat a reasonable number of people including myself would still be alive.
So long as that clause is included with said apocalypse, I'll not mind at all.

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
I'd rather die than have to trawl through the "OMG, LYK, AN APOCOLYPSE! HAHA END OF THE WORLD 2012! LOL! SOMEONE BE MY APOCOLYPSE KISS! HAHA CAMWHORING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD!" statuses that are going to fill mine, and every other poor souls' Facebook newsfeeds.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
kinda.

Then I could pursue my perverted desires without having to worry about the consequences.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
krazykidd said:
Anyways , so Escapist , anyone actually hoping this happens? What are your thoughts about this apocalypse thing?
Heavens no !
I'm counting on some major change, even apocalyptic scenario at worse, but not the end.
There are so many books to read, music to listen to, people to talk with, mysteries to solve, mountains to climb...
NO ! No sireeeeeeee !