Any one else secretly wishes the world actually does end in december?

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Well the concept of being alive for our Armageddon is certainly an attractive one I prefer the anticipation involved with awaiting the end, wondering what it'll be like,if by some slim hope I survive and all that like a zombie infestation I'd much rather imagine it than live it.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I would just find it hilarious if all these crazy people that we've been laughing at this whole time were actually right all along.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well admittedly I'm hoping for mass riots in the days before that cause chaos and seeing everyone who believes it'll happen to group up for survivals sake just so I can laugh at their dumbfounded faces when it doesn't happen. I don't think I'd really mind if society collapsed because of those riots either and everything went back to a simpler existence. I'm certainly not hoping for natural disasters or anything like that though.

Phenx92

Jun 28, 2009
Maybe not an apocalypse, but maybe a huge disaster that makes society reflect on itself and pulls it's head out of it's ass. Although total destruction of our species seems more likely.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
No.

Oh sure I'm Catholic, so that might mean I get to swag it up with other Catholics after it all blows over (despite the fact that my friends are everything from Sikh to Atheist so...ah forget about it), but I'd rather live out a full and happy life in this beautiful world we live in. I mean shit, I'm only 16, I've been in school for most of my life. Do you know how bad it would be if I died without ever having gotten out of school?

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
No thanks, I like to exist.

But I think I kinda get where this is coming from. If I watch the news it is all doom and gloom. Politics, economics, ugh. But that's why after I read the normal news I always read the scientific news (http://www.sciencedaily.com/ [http://www.sciencedaily.com/]). Because those are usually a lot more upbeat, "look what we can do now" kind of stories.

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
Secretly? What is this secretly you speak of? *Puts on I <3 2012 T-Shirt on* I will be cackling for as long as I am alive, both at the fact that I can finally end this pathetic life, and at people who think it actually will happen when it doesn't.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Why would I want the world to end? That's where I keep all my stuff!

Also, I've noticed certain mindsets from people who cheer for various end-of-the-world scenarios.

The whole world goes away: "I hate my life but it can't possibly be my fault so it must be the fault of everything else, and I don't have the courage to change anything, so everything else should suffer and die for what it has done to me."

Nuclear apocalypse: "I am so much smarter than the people in charge now, so obviously I would be one of the few survivors and I would take lead of the remainder of humanity and rebuild civilization how I think it should be, which would obviously lead to utopia."

Zombie apocalypse: "I'm always stepped on by people who think they're better than me but obviously they would become zombies and I could laugh as I shot them in their empty zombie heads, because it's obvious I would surivive since I'm so smart and know so much trivia and have been working on this zombie survival plan for years."

Classical Rapture/end-of-days scenario: "I consider myself a kind and caring religious person, but I can't wait until I get to Heaven and see all the people I don't like suffer and burn forever, and I will laugh right alongside Jesus because obviously He doesn't like those people either."

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
krazykidd said:
BlackWidower said:
krazykidd said:
I think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited
I know this is kind of off topic, but it really bugs me. The fact that we advance as a society makes us worthy of extinction? Also, what deplorable state? It's not like we're being overburdened with trash or have polluted the air with toxic chemicals. Just CO2, and that was an accident.

If you ask me, if it wasn't for humans, this floating rock would remain useless. If it wasn't for us, the earth wouldn't have a purpose beyond looking nice to creatures which no longer exist.

?Maybe the Earth would be better off without us. Safe and clean and perfect, like a toy nobody ever played with. Pretty and pointless.?
Are you really gonna misquote me like that ? I mean really, Shame on you .

The sentence was and i quote : "Now i am not a person that wishes ill to anyone nor do i think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited [...]"

Do you know what "NOR" means? You cannot just cut a sentence half way through like that. Shame .
...and you followed it up with "well actually i do but thats not the reason."

Am I misinterpreting something?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Short answer no. Think of all the games and anime i'd miss! And the jetpacks! We'd miss the jetpacks! WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE JETPACKS?!

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
KefkaCultist said:
BlackWidower said:
krazykidd said:
I think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited
I know this is kind of off topic, but it really bugs me. The fact that we advance as a society makes us worthy of extinction? Also, what deplorable state? It's not like we're being overburdened with trash or have polluted the air with toxic chemicals. Just CO2, and that was an accident.

If you ask me, if it wasn't for humans, this floating rock would remain useless. If it wasn't for us, the earth wouldn't have a purpose beyond looking nice to creatures which no longer exist.

?Maybe the Earth would be better off without us. Safe and clean and perfect, like a toy nobody ever played with. Pretty and pointless.?
Not that I don't agree with the main point of your comment, but the part I bolded did bug me a bit.

It's pretty well observed that the earth IS getting pretty cluttered with garbage. Junked technology like old computers and other crap are getting tossed into Africa, there's basically an island of garbage floating out in the Pacific ocean where currents make a continuous swirl, and landfills are getting full to the brim while we're running out of places to make new ones.

What I'm saying is that, while it may not be a HUGE problem right now, garbage is piling up pretty fast on our Earth and it will become a much bigger problem quickly.

Anyway, this is completely off topic and I've already made my OT post to the thread, so g'day sir.
Yeah, that's what a lot of people are saying, but it's not exactly true. There are some areas that have a trash problem. But that's like going to New Orleans after Katrina and saying it's a redo of Noah's Flood. Yeah, it sucks, but it's not a global problem.

The most relevant part starts at 21:25.

There is a lot of trash, yes. But we are not getting buried by it, and it's being well managed by professionals who know what they're doing.