Any Videogame character

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
Max Payne for the bullet-time and healing through consuming painkillers.
You realise you just chose the character with arguably the shittiest life in all of gaming?
Hey, I'll just live an honest, pain free life. I'll become a writer or take up an office job and avoid policing and crime as much as possible.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
While I don't think too much of the silence, Quake's protagonist would be fun. He can run at about 60MPH, jump his own height (and that's without rockets), suck up ridiculous amounts of damage, and carry about 300lbs of equippment at the same time.

Also, Edward Carnby would be pretty fun. The pursuit of being a paranormal investigator would actually interest me if it were a genuine thing.
Oh, and there's also the whole "Kicking Lovecraftian horrors in the dick while rocking the coolest polygonal moustache ever" thing.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
The guitarist from Guitar Hero/Rock Band. He knows how to play ALL THE SONGS!

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Gaige or Zer0 from Borderlands 2 becuase of their close quarters fighting/shooting style and infinite badassery. Also, Pandora is free of most diseases, there is always something to kill, and if you die, you re-spawn as long as you still call yourself a vault hunter.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Nouw said:
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
You realise you just chose the character with arguably the shittiest life in all of gaming?
Hey, I'll just live an honest, pain free life. I'll become a writer or take up an office job and avoid policing and crime as much as possible.
But... What possible use could you have for Bullet Time and regeneration through Painkillers if you become a writer or office worker?

The Cliffe

Dec 19, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
But... What possible use could you have for Bullet Time and regeneration through Painkillers if you become a writer or office worker?
I think you guys just wrote a TV mini-series...

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Dante from the Devil May Cry series (not THAT one) or Vergil from the same series. Because being a nigh-invulnerable, demon killing, master-of-all-trades badass mercenary is never a bad career option.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Eh, wish it was any character in general, rather than a games character. Pretty much all they do is fight people, which is all well and exciting, but they don't really have lived beyond it.

Assuming that we are in the games world and we have the ability to alter what happens in said universe then Commander Shepard would be a good choice, and no, not because of the "alien sex". It'd just be an awesome time and place to live in.

Shocksplicer said:
Plus, Merril is awesome...
Yes. Yes she is.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
leet_x1337 said:
Dante (the original, white-haired one), because he's a total BAMF. Also, those guns are pretty awesome.
Seconded!
Insane dexterity, strength and reflexes are a nice start. And than there's the devil trigger and, going by the crap he survives in cutscenes, immortality.
And perhaps most importantly: style :)

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
being one of the mages from Magicka could be really fun....

They don't operate on a mana pool, so pretty much throw out all the magic you want.

Unless we are talking be them in their universe. Not sure who I'd want to be in that case just because most of those situations turn out really badly.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Any main elder scrolls hero.

why? because they can alter any part of the universe at whim.
~player.placeatme "the bitches" 10&#x21a9
~player.setav stamina 1000&#x21a9~

let the good times roll, neh?

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Queen Azshara, because who wouldn't want to be the super hot leader of the super hot elves with super hot handmaidens, whilst being incredibly hot. Sure there is the whole trying to destroy the planet and getting turned into a Naga, but naga's are pretty hot too, for being half snake. Snakes are sexy.

It's mostly for the being super hot leader with super hot handmaidens though...mmm handmaidens.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
Link, from Majora's Mask, I can control time and do what ever I want. Then save the world when I want. So why not.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Latinidiot said:
I'd like to be any character in the Elder scrolls with magical ability. If magic existed I wouldn't want to anything else.
I can't help but find the prospect disquieting. Magicka is a derived stat of intelligence (in the first four), what happens when it turns out you just arent as smart as you thought?

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
DustlessDragoon said:
Yeah but the P3 MC doesn't have Chie or Yu's overwhelming swag so I just wouldn't be happy, although Yuuko and Fuuka would help balance that out :p
I actually really don't like that scene. Then again, I don't like the P4 anime in general.
I still liked it more than I liked Fuuka though. Ah well, at least P3 had the well written Yukari and Aigis to even out that dull mess that Fuuka was. Her voice was nearly enough to bore me out of whatever was going on in the game.

OT: Hmm, tough question. I wouldn't mind being Yuri from Tales of Vesperia I suppose. Either that or Batman, because DAT CATWOMAN. GODDAMN!

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:

This guy... Twinsen from Little Big Adventure...​

First of all check out his cool sword!

Not only that... he got the girl! Not only that but he kept her for an enire 2nd game AND she didn't get kidnapped in the second game! NO CLICHE! :p They have a kid too... that's why she is preggers in that pic!

Why else would I be him? Well...

I'd have a MAGIC BALL!
This ball uses his magic power to bounce and damage the enemies... Not only that... but at it's max level, it's flaming!

He also gets to ride a flying dinosaur... yes, it's Dinofly:
Not only that... he talks!

He has a wizards licence:

and a laser gun, a jet pack and a racing car!!

Finally... not only is he the savior of the world... twice... but he also has a crazy casual relationship with god... (Sendel) Noone else can talk to her... but the kids all do crazy songs and dances for her... but Twinsen just chills out and has a chat from time to time! :p

Yes... life would be fantastic on Twinsun...! Friends with a talking turtle, the queen of the Mosquebees (mosquito/bee, not anything to do with islamic worship! :p) and annihalator of the 3 little pigs!

The final little gem that would make me want to be Twinsen is that I would have the PERFECT mouth for a Kit Kat Chunky... and we all know that they are the best choccy bars in the WORLD!

Marry me you beautiful human-being, you!

OT: I'd be Hawke from Dragon age 2. None of that blight rubbish for me, it's sitting in my mansion in my slippers, possibly being fed grapes by my servants, all day long for me. And my bad sense of direction wouldn't hamper me on my adventures since everywhere looks exactly the same. Cheeky bonus: get to hang out with Varric (paragon of mnliness. Fact).

And come on, who could turn down the chance to wear that dressing gown?

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
SpaceBat said:
DustlessDragoon said:
Yeah but the P3 MC doesn't have Chie or Yu's overwhelming swag so I just wouldn't be happy, although Yuuko and Fuuka would help balance that out :p
I actually really don't like that scene. Then again, I don't like the P4 anime in general.
I still liked it more than I liked Fuuka though. Ah well, at least P3 had the well written Yukari and Aigis to even out that dull mess that Fuuka was. Her voice was nearly enough to bore me out of whatever was going on in the game.
I really didn't like Yukari, she was bitchy and just rubbed me the wrong way. She's a well written character and I can understand why she acted like she did but I just didn't like her. To each their own I guess.