Anyone avoiding Amiibos

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
Nope. Don't have a Wii U, I will (most likely) never get one, and Amiibo's isn't going to sell me on it. Call me old-fashioned, I prefer the old style of gaming, with a stick (or mouse and keyboard, for those occasional FPSes and wherever it's more appropriate).

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
The issue with the current Amiibo scarcity is because of ongoing labor dispute with the shipping company that handles the Amiibos. Nintendo is trying to negotiate with another party to distribute it without running into a lot of contract penalties but sure as hell ain't helping them.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
gyrobot said:
The issue with the current Amiibo scarcity is because of ongoing labor dispute with the shipping company that handles the Amiibos. Nintendo is trying to negotiate with another party to distribute it without running into a lot of contract penalties but sure as hell ain't helping them.
Could I get a link to this because this I always find it funny people get incredibility pissed at scalpers but say nothing about the coditons of the factories these are made in.
Side note I wonder if its the same factory that makes revell products because I've been waiting on a revell Ford Raptor Since December but the factory is having a labor dispute.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I still don't quite understand what the hell these things are and what they're suppose to do, beyond it being a rift on Skylanders/infinity? Someone wanna drop a little science on me?

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
I still don't quite understand what the hell these things are and what they're suppose to do, beyond it being a rift on Skylanders/infinity? Someone wanna drop a little science on me?
Nintendo is releasing figures of characters from populair franchises. These aren't just nice to look at, but they have this little chip in them that allows for interactivity with games.

In most games, Amiibo will unlock little extras, such as weapons in Hyrule Warriors. Right now, the compatibility with Smash is probably the coolest: you can raise your own fighter, kind of like a Pokémon, and have him battle with or against you, other players or CPUs.

The downsides to Amiibo:
-They can only hold information from one game at a time. So if you raised a Marth in Smash but want to use him to unlock a bonus character in Codename Steam, you'll have to erase your Smash AI.
-While Amiibo are compatible with more than just the game their line is based on, it can be kind of confusing as to what Amiibo works with which game. The fact that Nintendo is releasing multiple versions of populair characters (we'll have two different Marios soon) makes it even less transparent.

(-Supply doesn't meet demand in North-America for some reason. There are no real problems in Europe and Japan, but the American situation is a scalper's wet dream.)

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I'm just not interested in them. I get enough enjoyment out of Smash without them, and they aren't really the sort of thing I like to collect.