Anyone Else Ever Had This Moment? (Game Soundtrack Related)

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
Shadow of the colossus Soundtracks. Just... Magnificent. The same can be said about the music from Kingdom hearts, but I just like the music from SOTC better :3

Especially this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQBjnhctlgQ

My, what a pwetty birdie 8D Now come here so I can murder you brutally like the horrible person I am~

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
There were 3 games I played in rapid succession that got me into soundtracks:

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy VIII

I love each and every one of those soundtracks and now dozens more.

Tay051173096

Jun 10, 2011
Klonoa 1 & 2

Crash Bandicoot = the sound track of my youth

Okami

Final Fantasy

Amoured Core

So many to choose...

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
Isn't it strange how most of the games we experience this sort of reaction to are RPGs? :)

Anyway, to me, music is really important in a game. It might not break it, but a great soundtrack sure can make it. There's some tracks that just send shivers down my spine. Others make me cry like a girl, which is awkward when one pops up on my playlist when I'm on the Tube.

I'd have to cite Mass Effect 2 and 3 for having spectacular music that really amplified the atmosphere. And Inon Zur's composition on the first Dragon Age was brilliant. Main theme and In Uthenera are the two standouts there.

Silent Hill was great in a different way. It wasn't so much music as discordant noise and static and... It totally succeeded in creeping me out. Then you got something beautiful in the middle when Lisa had her moment and that served to make it even better.

But to me, Square are the kings. Chrono Cross is stunning, and what can be said about the Final fantasy OSTs that haven't already been said? I've got them all, plus the piano collections and Distant Worlds. I'm even having them as the music for my wedding. They're so inextricably linked with moments, characters and my feelings in the games that they rank top of the list, for me at least.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
Fappy said:
"Damn this music is fucking awesome. I need to get this shit like right-stat now!"
You need to here the Bastion soundtrack right now Frontier Trip Hop!

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
I bought the Journey, Skullgirls and Mass Effect 3 soundtracks. I don't know any games that had absolutely horrible soundtracks, the worst a game can do in terms of music and just have ordinary music. But if you just pause the game, sit back and let the music play (like I did with the boss music in the Kingdom Hearts games), that's a great soundtrack.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
Mass Effect 2 has a pretty incredible soundtrack. My favourite track is the Suicide Mission theme [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw]. It fits the feel of that level perfectly, conveying hope, exciting battles and weary resignation. Never fails to give me goosebumps.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Nothing has really grabbed me in that way. I've thought "Damn this music is fucking awesome" but the actual desire to buy it comes later, if at all. Probably the closest I ever got to that was with the Braid soundtrack, but I'm not sure that really counts since all the music in that game is licensed, not original compositions.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Half-Life 2, if I had any doubt before then after this song
I knew I had to have it.

Mirror's Edge, simply beautiful

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC, some of the most delightfully creepy music ever made for a game