Anyone Else Getting Sick of MLP?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Sounds like you've got a problem with your friend, not bronies. And really, it's the internet. You can ignore ANYTHING if you want to, if your friend's annoying you about the show then put him on your ignore list until he knows that you don't like the show.

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
I originally thought MLP was the abbreviated name for that one guy that lags up the server. Martin Luther Ping.

Boy was I wrong.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Sometimes I really wish I was a mod on here.

Let's be honest everyone, this topic was talked to death during the rise of MLP. There is literally nothing new in this thread.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Sonicron said:
Fine, I'll bite.
If there's one thing I've really gotten beyond sick of, it's the Portal stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved both games, and for good reason... but it seems that every single aspect of the franchise has been turned into memetic cultural mainstays across the entire nerd spectrum. You just can't get away from it - everywhere you look you see test droids, space cores, turrets and companion cubes, and you seemingly can't watch 5 Youtube vids in a row without encountering GladOs or Wheatley in some form. Last week I was at a friend's, and suddenly I heard the portal gun sound, realizing a moment later that it was his phone's notification alert. Yesterday I acquired the Voidwalker device in Darksiders 2 and immediately unlocked the trophy "I Can Has Cake?". Valve has loosed a monster upon the world... an entertaining monster, granted, but a monster nonetheless.
Yess! I thought I was the only one. "the cake is a lie" I HATE THAT LINE SO MUCH! It's fucking everywhere. Portal is an OK game, but the way the fans talk about it you could think it was the holy fucking grail or something.The sad thing is I'll probably see a lot of portal references in a couple of weeks. I'm going to a anime/comic con in Trondheim.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
There is plenty of room for discussion, as evident in this very thread. Just because someone can't add anything do the discussion doesn't mean everyone else can't either.
Oh yeah, talk about how you're tired or not tired of ponies. Discussion, right? No, you're wrong.

nikki191 said:
wait 6 months and it will be replaced by some other fad we will all get equally sick of and eventually the only mention of my little pony will be in threads talking about what embarressing things have you been into.
This fad's almost 2 years old. Strong as ever. Don't think 6 months will do anything. And I'll never be embarrassed*. Deal with it.

Swny Nerdgasm said:
but when I see a supposedly heterosexual male identify himself as a Brony, I do think less of him
Well then I'm not going to be friendly to you or anyone who thinks like that.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
To paraphrase Lauren Faust, the show was created for young girls and their parents, including male parents. So it stands to reason that adult animation fans without kids might enjoy it too.

That said, I enjoy the show. If you don't, that's okay. But I don't see the point in wasting energy complaining about the show when it's way easier to hit the {x} at the top right corner of your screen and go back to playing video games.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Lumber Barber said:
Classic brony move, some guy complains about MLP and they just have to post exactly that.
Have a thread no discussion value? Derail it with meme gifs. Such is the way of the escapist.
There is plenty of room for discussion, as evident in this very thread. Just because someone can't add anything do the discussion doesn't mean everyone else can't either.
I'm afraid I disagree with that assesment.

We have had 2 threads over the past week alone about people complaining about ponies which ended in a flame war. And that doesnt even count the dozens of threads that did the same thing over the years since MLP got popular. Just typing "MLP" in the escapist search bar would have brought him to those.

The only solution to this problem is to stop the pointless complaining.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
With me, yes and no. I still like Ponies, but the Bronies and me right now are not on good terms with each other. It's unlikely I'll be watching Season 3, and in response to what we got last Season, I'm taking the Yahtzee route on this - "Expect it to be shite, so you can be impressed when it's not shite."

But to generalise - still okay with the show (though vastly more interested in Transformers Prime, which starts again on Friday/Saturday), but starting to become very disillusioned with Bronies.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Lumber Barber said:
But if we stop complaining about ponies, there would be nothing to discuss and we'll all kill ourselves because we have no reason to live.
Find something new to complain about then. As it stands, we're just getting the same tired arguments from people that hate the show that we always have. There is nothing else to explore.

If you're feeling suicidal though, why not hang out with some friends? Maybe experiment with LSD to make you a bit happier. There is lots of fun to had with other stuff.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Its threads like these that break the search feature on this site. Endless waves of repeat threads of people who haven't got the fucking memo, creating thousands of unnecessary hits for searches.

People, in general, DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! Especially when its an opinion they have heard ad nauseum.

The fucking Irony of these threads is that they are more prevalent then the shit they want to chastise. These threads are just as obnoxious as the source of their ire is, if not more.

Who asked for your opinion? No one. But you felt compelled to tell us anyway. Not only that, despite the fact these kind of threads are always met with Abandon Thread gifs and image macros, you still feel like what you have to say must be said. That sounds exactly like what your complaining about.

Speaking of which:

twohundredpercent

Dec 20, 2011
Either learn to cope by making fun of them or try your best to avoid the circles that these people run around in.

Seems to be pretty much the same ones that attract autistics and assexuals. So you figure out how to avoid those you're golden.

Edit: I actually empathize with you. I know what you're saying and agree and stuff but c'mon, bring something new to the table at least. Till then if you find anyone into that, ditch them. And if you come across it, act like someone who's out of touch with that shit. Like you're not familiar with it. You'll feel better.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I'm fine with MLP.
If you don't like it and come upon some on the internet, simply move on.

joonsk

Feb 26, 2011
I saw a MLP toy in a store a couple of days ago. serieuosly this stuff is everywhere. I can't even walk into a toy store without stumbling upon MLP.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
The way i see it the whole MLP fandom is one big troll move. And my saying goes as follow: don't feed the troll. As such i ignore anything MLP related. Someone posts an MLP image? What picture? i don't see any.

Ignore it and it will die out. the whole MLP move is just the internet version of RL "wanna be rebel and cool by doing/liking something that nobody would expect". It's pure attention whoring through absurdity. Ignore it.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
MPL really doesn't annoy me as much as it used to. Although the phenomenon still has many fans, it seems like most people, the loud, obnoxious internet-meme kind of people that made MPL a pest to begin with, has moved on to whatever next shallow internet thing they want to be a part of.

Left are the real fans that, despite occasionally posting gifs with forced memes and other spam in threads, aren't all that annoying.

What strangely annoys me is these people are getting away with being furry. Well, that's what you are! Having an obsession with a gang of anthropomorphic animal characters is the definition of furry!

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
I think, the fans who keep defending themselves with the cliché that "bronies are no worse than any other fandom", are missing the point.

Of course everyone knows that, we all were fed up with earlier forced memes, image macros, and certain trends dominating communities, coming from various fandoms. Whenever something is popular, it just fills our corner of the internet.

The people who complain about bronies KNOW that they are exactly like every other fandom: They are complaining about every about fandom through it. About R34, about cosplaying, about fanfiction, about fanspeak, fansites, fan conventions, fanboyism, etc. About the very idea of people being that much... nerdy about something.

MLP is a good way to channel these feelings, because it can also be mocked as being inherently ridiculous even by so-called nerds, while mocking an AAA game's or a sci-fi/fantasy movie's fandom would sound too uncomfortably similar to the mainstream's bullshit about how all escapist fiction is silly childish make-believe.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
CarlMinez said:
What strangely annoys me is these people are getting away with being furry. Well, that's what you are! Having an obsession with a gang of anthropomorphic animal characters is the definition of furry!
They are not anthropomorphic.