Anyone else out there not really get hangovers?

ATRAYA

Jul 19, 2011
I never get hangovers, no matter how much I drink (or how much I vomit). Sooo... yay!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I never get headaches, but I do feel nauseous for a day or two. For some reason alcohol tends to affect my stomach a lot more than it does my head. For example if I drink without having eaten I get something akin to stomach cramps.

But I very, very rarely drink enough alcohol to get more than a little tipsy anyway. Weddings, New Years parties and such tend to be the only places I will have more than one or two drinks throughout the entire evening.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Dry mouth, sleepyness and a bit of stomach churning. I never have an apetite either all my freinds eat shitloads when hungover

Best cure like OP said is to have water every 4-5 drinks and OJ, lots and lots of OJ preferably tropicana. Dunno if thats like an acid thing or whatnot as someone else mentioned acid but it works

Also i tend to find training comes into it. You need to train yourself to drink a lot. if ive not had a drink in a while it doesnt take me much whereas some days i can have in excess of 20 drinks

Off topic: OP 10pk of JD and cola is not a lot thats a nice relaxed bbq amount of booze. The JD measures are weak in them too. If i go out ill have about 4-5 pints then atleast 10 double JDs. Ive got friends who can have 20 pints on a night im quite skinny so cant handle the volume rather than the alcohol itself

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Wait for age to kick in.

When you start drinking, you rarely ever get hangovers, I find.

Just wait.

One morning, you'll think everything's okay and then... Ugh.
I get different hangovers depending on what I'm drinking. If it's wine, I get a bit of a headache. Spirits I feel kinda groggy and if it's cider my stomach is a bit iffy. Nothing to intense though.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Yeah I've never had a hangover even though I have been known to drink myself stupid on many occasions, I've even gone to work the day after drinking all night. It's also quite difficult for me to actually get drunk, it takes a lot of high proof booze to get the job done. I remember trying to get drunk at a christmas party one time & even with free drinks I could not get drunk, it was probably for the best because I wasn't in a very good mood that night anyway. Tequila will make me a bit ill, but that happens even if I just drink a little of the stuff, good thing I don't really care for tequila.

Sadly I haven't gotten drunk in a long time, I don't have my drinking buddy anymore & I've never found a replacement for her.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
I've never been a big drinker, am a lightweight who knows his limits and I've never had a full-blown hangover. My first and only one to date (to a small extent) was nothing more than a sour stomach and a minor headache that passed after a 2-3 hour nap (mind you I got completely smashed).

I also only drink one type of alcohol the entire night (usually vodka or clear liquors) and my body seems to tolerate them more than mixtures.

Edit: I refrain from drinking no more than once every few months (or just on special occasions )because my family has a long history of male alcoholism (as in pretty scary, long-lasting, and life destroying addiction). I just always keep it in mind and never hit the bottle if I'm sad.

Kaxbe

Jun 4, 2013
I tend to drink a lot when given the chance, but I've never gotten a hangover as a result of my drinking. There are two contributing factors to this:
1) High alcohol tolerance. It takes a lot of alcohol to get me drunk
2) Alcohol is processed through my body very quickly. If I drink a bottle of vodka on my own, whatever buzz that I manage to get will be gone within an hour or two.

I actually feel like I'm missing out on a huge experience of drinking, really.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I don;t think mine are hangovers, just wake up with some moderate body aches a little bit of nausea.
(I apologize if this still classifies as a hangover)

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
I guess I'm not as manly as most people here; it takes only a small amount to get me drunk, and hangovers are a constant threat to my existence.

Maybe I gotta quit booze, it's not for me...

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
I never get hungover, no matter how much I drink. People say it's a worthwhile experience that teaches you not to drink too much. Guess I must just drink more then. BRING ON THE VODKA!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I hardly get hangovers unless I've been drinking vodka. Even if I mix drinks the worst I'll get is a bit of a head ache and I might be sick once but I'll be fine by midday. With vodka though I feel like death all day. It's a very evil drink.

Captcha: whatever

Well I don't like you either captcha!

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I can drink until I literally can't walk, and the next morning I will only be a bit dry in the mouth. I blame the old Gods for blessing me.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Me, but the thing is, I never know if I'm just not susceptible to it or I haven't drunken enough to merit one. I don't drink often, but I drink hard if I'm not paying, and haven't had a hangover yet.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I seldom get buzzed and it is only when intoxicated that I feel nauseous. Never post naptime.

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
I don't get Hangovers, though it depends entirely on what you drink. Good quality alcohol makes a horrid morning less likely and drinking water makes Hangover even less intense.

I don't over drink though and I stop drinking when I get a little tipsy. Alcohol can cause many preventable illnesses so it's not worth it to over induldge on a regular basis.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Queen Michael said:
I've never been drunk. And I never drink alcohol. Mostly so I can be smug about it, to be honest. So nope, I never get hangovers.
You must just wait for these threads! :D

Also, this entire thread reminds me of that thing where like 80% of people rate their driving as "above average", except substitute 'driving skill' for 'alcohol tolerance'.

--------

OT, just you wait OP. You'll massively overdo it one day, and your body will decide it's had enough and curse you with hangovers for evermore.

That happened to me, put me off Vodka permanently too. In hindsight, I can't really blame my organs. I used to drink stupid amounts.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I have horrific hangovers sometimes! Although I have gotten pretty good at functioning at work with them! I am in the military, so part of a big drinking culture, and it isn't uncommon us to turn up on non-important days, especially on a Friday after the Officers' Mess Happy Hour, half-cut.

The worst I have ever been was a couple of years ago, when I threw up 14 times the next day. The last time I had to rush to the toilet to chunder was past 1600hrs! Luckily it was Saturday...