Anyone else out there not really get hangovers?

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Nope, I don't get hangovers at all. Actually, I generally wake up feeling great. This is a big inconvenience at parties when I'm up at 8:30 and everyone else sleeps till midday :(

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
you will just not till you get a bit older. i remeber when i was drinking and i never really felt all that bad the next morning. sure i might feel a bit crappy but never anything bad just took me a bit longer to get the day going and maybe drink a bit more water to get myself back to normall.

then i got a bit older and slowly started feel that little bit worse after every night. then one time i didnt get a full sleep after one heavy night and god did i feel bad i wasnt attually sick but i felt like i could be at the drop of a hat and the whole moving and doing things was just not on the agenda. i cant remeber how old i was thing somehwere into my mid 20's.

i had a bit of a totally non stalker look at your profile and says you are 19 atm so they will come. that being said they are way worse the more you drink so hopefully by mid 20's you will have found your limits and can get to the point where you drink but are not pass out drunk as long as you get a good nights sleep maybe something like a kebab the night before and some water and you can walk most of them off

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I feel totally gross for two days and I get stomach cramps, but I've never had a killer headache after a night of heavy drinking. I just mark it down to the fact that I'm generally a very healthy person on every other day.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
when i drink really, really much an evening 'til sunrise, i'll have a bit nausea the next (actually the same day, but the "next" day starts after sleeping ^^ ) day, no headache whatsoever.
while drinking i try and get a non-alcoholic drink or two throughout the booze; when i get home i drink an additional .5 to 1 litre of water, + electrolytes; makes you pretty much invincible against the alcohol (ethanol) - acetaldehyde - acetate ( - acetyl-CoA) metabolism mentioned above ( medicine, ho! ^^ ); add a good night's, or rather morning's, sleep, et voilà, you drank more than you should've but pretty much don't feel a thing afterwards :)

but usually i prefer pacing myself - after a certain amount you don't get more funny, chatty, or whatever, but only lose your ability to speak clearly and stand in one place without giving an involuntary drunken-master-meets-CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow-performance ;)

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
I used to get awful hangovers, not so much anymore. Mostly, I think, it's because I gulp down a glass of water between drinks and one or two before bed time. I do feel a bit queasy the morning after every now and then.

JadeWah

Nov 4, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:
Wait for age to kick in.

When you start drinking, you rarely ever get hangovers, I find.

Just wait.

One morning, you'll think everything's okay and then... Ugh.
I get different hangovers depending on what I'm drinking. If it's wine, I get a bit of a headache. Spirits I feel kinda groggy and if it's cider my stomach is a bit iffy. Nothing to intense though.
This.
When I was younger i had no problems with hangovers regardless of quantity and quality. As you age you'll notice the difference.

Beer/Wine/Ciders/champagne tends to give me a worse hangover compared to vodka/rum/whiskey, but I guess that depends on the person

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I seldom have really bad hangovers but I usually feel a bit slow during the first hours of the day.
Main reason being I don't drink too huge amounts but still drinking...

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Only really felt a hang over once or twice. Other than that it's just typical morning grogginess.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I've had one (maybe one and a half) hangovers in my whole life. That was year before last, the day after boxing day where I drank 2 bottles of wine, half a bottle of Baileys, some Disarno and coke and Vodka and coke until I passed out. It's funny because I was bragging about never having a hangover the day before.
I don't usually get them because I either
a) don't drink enough
b) drink water in between
c) drink a load of water before bed
d) stop drinking after a while, thus sobering myself up
e) stagger home and have drunken sex with my boyfriend that seems to always sober me up >_>
f) all of the above.

Sometimes I've been lucky, forgotten to drink water and woken up fine. I don't stay drunk for very long though, so I usually go to bed sober.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Depends on what I drink, but it's veeeery rare that I'm never hungover - the only thing that varies is the extent of the hangover.

It's usually a steady, scraping throbbing headache, but sometimes my body ups the game and comes out with a stomach searing sickness and a headache that makes me want to submerge my head in ice till I pass out.

Drinking water when you get home really helps, but usually depends on you not being totally smashed. As such, I rarelt use this trick...

Also, does anyone get delayed hangovers? Like you're ok when you get up, you feel pleased with yourself and ready to take on the world, then BOOM! it hits you and by mid-day you're a pale shivering mess on the sofa and considering takingyour own life to stop the pain?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I'm not bullet proof but after a big night on the piss I try to drink as much water before bed as I can. It has saved me often from the more crippling hangovers but still you can't escape the dusty feeling the next day.

Any man who says they're bullet proof, hangover-wise, either is blowing their own trumpet or not falling asleep drunk like a man.

Remember Escapist; the liver is evil and must be punished!

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
I don't get them often and I'm a guy who drinks about 1/2 of 750ml of 80 proof Vodka every time I drink and I do it all as shots and chasers (which I'm doing right now). Usually before going to bed I eat something healthy like a salad or a wheat sandwich and a glass of milk, I -think- that helps but admit it may just be a superstition.

Only time I get hung over is on beer, wine and sake. If it's hard liquor I'm usually fine.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I get hangovers when I mix. Notsomuch when its just vodka or just beer. Maybe a headache? Advil and plenty of water and while I may not be happy, I'm functional.

Sep 14, 2009
Nope never had one, I piss like a fuckin racehorse when I drink though so it usually takes a while for much to even get to me.

I was close probably a few weeks back, drank 35 beers, a whole bottle of grey goose, and 6 other mixed drinks within 72 hours of each other, by the last night i really didn't want to touch any kind of liquor (had 4 beers and couldn't stand the taste anymore at the moment)

surprisingly i woke up fine though, didn't drink until the next weekend again though.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I rarely ever get hangovers, and I rarely ever puke when I'm drunk. Friday was pretty much the first time my intoxicated self threw up, and that was because I felt so bloated because I didn't realise the punch I'd been drinking was alcoholic until it was too late and I'd already drunk a bunch of other stuff, so I deliberately stuck my finger down my throat and puked into my friend's bathtub. Depending on what I drink though, I can tend to piss a lot, get really flirty, feel really dizzy, be unable to focus on people's faces, feel just fine but with lowered inhibitions, and/or laugh like a madman.

f1r2a3n4k5

Jun 30, 2008
Haha, to read this thread, you'd think the hangover was a mythical beast. Like a leprechaun.

I'll come clean. I've had some rough hangovers from time to time. I know how EtOH is processed biologically, and yeah, yeah, drink water before bed. But seriously, one of the side effects of knocking back a few too many is a lack of discretion for future consequences.

Echoing other people's sentiments here, it's an age/time/quantity thing. When I started drinking, I could roll out of bed fresh as a spring chicken. Now, I never know for sure how I'll feel in the morning. So, if I want to be productive in the morning, I'm abstinent.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
For some odd reason Vodka makes feel like ass the next morning, though usually it is the regular wheat VOdkas that do that. Drink Whiskey, RUM, and just about anything else and I will be fine if I drink water, but even if I don't get knackered Vodka ends up with me feeling like somebody took a shit in my brain pan. Unless I am drinking Winter Wheat or potato,really wish I knew why.Cause I love Vodka, and it's a damn shame it makes me feel like shit.(To clarify I drink it straight) That said I hardly ever get hangovers nor do I vomit, first time was after 16 Double shots of(mostly)vodka in 2 hours, (whoo for drinking while not realizing you are depressed) and that was ebcause mybro forced me to vomit.

Shade of Life

Feb 15, 2009
I either get no hangover or full on begging to die hangovers, never anything in between.
Strangely enough it doesn't seem to have any relation to how much I drink, it just hits completely at random.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Not often as my drug of choice doesn't give hangovers. Whenever I do drink, however, I go overboard and get very hungover though.