Anyone else slightly excited?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Well, hopefully we can start to live in a Fallout World soon if that shit DOES happen, or aliens, maybe zombies.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
I'd like to think change is coming. I would be excited for change. Sadly my faith in humanity is pretty damn low and I believe that once this blows over it will be the same people running the world. Maybe China will be the major super power. Maybe something completely different will happen. But in the end it will all be the same.
To quote the last line of Deep Space 9. "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Excited that the world is pretty much shit hitting the fan?

Of course I'm excited...

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Excited because people over here and rioting and destroying things for no good reason, no. The whole thing started with a man with a loaded gun getting shot by police, then people began rioting and looting. Others joined in because they could and whilen the background this has happened in is to blame, it's not a good thing.
This may be a sign of change but frankly, it is NOT a good one.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Oh yeah, V for revolution and all that.

This isn't anything to be intriguied about, it just worries me that the thtabloid papers might acttualy have been right about some of the generation i happen to be a part of and that i might be branded because of this.

I'm honestly appalled of my own country.

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
excited? maybe yea,a bit or maybe its just that wired smell of apocalypses.....does anyone else smell that? xD

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Bah, I just lost my initial post when I hit delete and my internet jumped back a few pages for some reason.

Anyway, attempt number 2. Can't say I'm excited about this. Curious, with a side order of mild concern perhaps. It would worry me more if the unrest managed to work it's way north of the border, though I think that would be quite unlikely. This is hardly an organised uprising by any stretch of the imagination or the beginning of a revolution. All the fooling around will stop once the authorities knock enough heads together and the rioters and looters get bored of their little game.

The Cor

Jun 21, 2011
Mankind just proves again that we have to many idiots amongst us nothing to be excited about.
Unless we undergo dramatic changes but that will most likely never happen.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Doclector said:
London is burning. The economic giant of America is failing. Even nature seems to have become even more turbulent.

And yet, I'm a little excited, anyone else?

I'll tell you why. Change. The people of britain are finally angered to the point of mas riot, and America is no longer considered 100% safe for business. These events seem to summon a great upheaval in first world society. Change is painful, of course. Change can be dangerous, and not necessarily for the better, but still I feel almost lucky to live in such possibly historic times. I may change my tone if things take a further turn for the worse, but still, this is very interesting.
I can't speak to the situation in England, but the recent debt hubub (which was largely artificial) in the US is far from the worst thing to ever happen to us, economically or otherwise. Only one of the credit bureaus downgraded us, and only by one level at that. And there are good reasons to believe that S&P's decision was premature.

We've been through way worse, and so has the rest of the world.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
It's certainly getting interesting. We have riots is multiple countries on different continents for different reasons, and the U.S has a huge economical problem(worse than the usual), and there have been natural disasters all over the place as well as weird heat waves and flooding.

Makes those believing in 2012 doomsday theories seem a little less crazy doesn't it?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Sightless Wisdom said:
It's certainly getting interesting. We have riots is multiple countries on different continents for different reasons, and the U.S has a huge economical problem(worse than the usual), and there have been natural disasters all over the place as well as weird heat waves and flooding.

Makes those believing in 2012 doomsday theories seem a little less crazy doesn't it?
y'know, I could've sworn I heard somewhere that the end of a Mayan calendar is supposed to Mark massive societal upheaval. I never put much faith in fortune telling, but it does make you think.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Doclector said:
Sightless Wisdom said:

y'know, I could've sworn I heard somewhere that the end of a Mayan calendar is supposed to Mark massive societal upheaval. I never put much faith in fortune telling, but it does make you think.
Nostradamus said it would be heatwaves, lack of food, wars, etc. It was never really one thing in his predictions... but he was about right about some of it I guess. Still don't think the world will be ending any time soon, but it's interesting none the less.

uberhippy

Apr 28, 2011
I'm curious. I can't wait to see the future,, just to find out how it all turns out.
(though i realise that it'll more than likely be very very bad)

:S

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
i think we will are all living history no matter what time you live in. but in terms of relevance, just wait until the 2040's when the singularity finally hits. technology beyond your wildest dreams. the thing about our generation is technology, and they say that because of technology, by some year in the 2020's your life expectancy will go up one year every year that passes. i'm just saying that every generation that has ever lived has thought that shit would hit the fan and everything goes to hell in their lifetime.

what people don't realize is that the human race could possibly achieve immortality through technology integration with biology within the next 30 to 50 years. there will always be doom sayers and people that ruin things for everyone, but i believe there is a lot more to be optimistic about living in the 21st century.

so yes i'm excited. we will soon be living one of the most important breakthroughs of human history in the form of computation. but no, i do not think the world's economy will keep declining. by studying patterns they say that by 2013 or 2014, the world's economy will begin to recover. its what people don't realize that defines our role in history.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I'm not excited, but I'm not unhappy... I'm interested as to how this will affect the future...

...now if there was zombies, THEN I'd be excited!

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Doclector said:
London is burning. The people of britain are finally angered to the point of mas riot.

Dr. Cox is proving so useful for these riot threads.

Captcha: Nosferatu: ttotop