Anyone planning to 100% Skyrim?

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
kman123 said:
innocentEX said:
kman123 said:
I'll be 90% it...hopefully more. Because I will never engage in battles with giant spiders.
You are going to have a fun time in the tutorial missions :p
Awww....son of a *****.
Not to spoil anything, but you could probably avoid those nasty little critters.

EDIT: with some luck :p

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
TheKasp said:
To 100% this game would imply that I care about the main plot. No TES game has actually ever get me hooked up on the plot. Nearly every time I stopped caring about it after the third quest and started enjoying the pure freedom I have in those games.

And to be honest, I predict that the plot will be stupid and full of cliches like nearly every RPG nowadays. You are the chosen one, not only because you can save the game but also because you are dragonborn... *sigh*... When will we get a RPG where you have to PROVE that you are special? Think of Ultima4, you had to prove that you are the avatar by living the virtues. You could be a dick but to finish the game you had to act like this figure you are supposed to be in nearly every modern RPG. You had to act like a hero, not running into peoples homes and loot everything they have.
this actually

also : the only game I ever really 100% finished was tumtumtum Two Worlds (No not part 2 the original) I don't know how or why I didn't die of anguish but I finished it anyhoo

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
I certainly hope I'll have time. I leave for boot camp in January, though---and before that I've got to share time with my brother, and I'll have Sonic Generations to finish as well. I also have 2 /12 seasons of Dexter to watch so I can return the DVDs to the friend I borrowed it from, and I still haven't finished LA Noire or 5 Days a Stranger. In summary, wrgasga.

I 100%'d Oblivion, aside from the Nirnroot quest I just didn't have the motivation to do. All you even get is a potion.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Well...you know what they say....

''You can never kill enough dragons!''
Captcha: ''respect nuedges''

Expect for Nuedges the Dragon of shadow and shivers.
You don't want to mess with him....

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
Im gonna Skyrim all over my Skyrim! You dont believe me?

Lets Skyrim it out! I'll Skyrim the Skyrim outta you!

Damn Skyrims, doubting my Skyrimming (heh) abilities.

AbyssalSanhedrin

May 8, 2010
Yes, eventually. In terms of achievements I've only got 3 games at 100%; Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I have no reason to think this pattern will broken by Skyrim, even if it does take years and multiple playthroughs.

In terms of simply seeing everything the game has to offer it's the same answer really. I like to deliberately leave some quests for different characters so that my second (third? Tenth?) playthroughs still have new stuff to find and do. It's real bummer when you find some awesome loot that would have been perfect for your previous character but it's worth it for keeping the game as fresh as possible.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
kman123 said:
I'll be 90% it...hopefully more. Because I will never engage in battles with giant spiders.
Sneak + Life Detect and always keep your eyes and ears open... ;)

OnTopic:
I do plan on 100%ing the game...I have a guide...and time...lots of it...

radicaldan99

Nov 8, 2011
I think the only game that I've ever done a 100% on and was proud of it was "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night". The most FRUSTRATING game that I could never get 100% on was Donkey Kong 64. I ONLY NEEDED ONE MORE DAMN BANANA! >.<

But as far as Skyrim is concerned, no, I don't think I will be "shoot" for 100% because like they are saying, if you have completely beat the game then there won't be anything else to look forward to until DLC comes out for it. I mean, I did the same shit with World of Warcraft as well. I didn't roll all the classes in that game because I wanted to like an aura of mystery about them so they'd be something I could look forward to trying someday.

While I love a good challenge, I don't want to kill that challenge with complete and utter completion. :)

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Grouchy Imp said:
If I ever 100% Skyrim I will be most upset. One of the reasons I still play Morrowind to this day is because I know that there are quests I haven't done yet - it's that feeling of 'I still have more to discover!' that keeps me coming back to it. If I 100% Skyrim in the next two years then it's failed in my book.
This. I'll make sure I don't get the strategy guide, or look at gamefaqs or tesnexus or anything else, I wanna just aimlessly wander around, doing whatever. Though 100% is a little low for me. I plan on getting a big fat steaming pile of awesome 'must have' mods, once they're created and we know what they are.
No idea if the PC version is doing trophies as well, and if so, then I'd expect a few modders to make trophies/badges for their mods, too. I know that if Skyrim doesn't do something like Advanced Herbalism mod for Morrowind, then I'll have to make it myself. But I'm also gonna put in the reagents from Morrowind (MW TB BM TR) and Oblivion (and its expansions and popular mods that add new plants).

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
I will most likely 100% it one of the times I play through it. Though that will most likely happen after I do whatever I want. I can't say I've 100% many games, but overall it's not -that important to me. For Skyrim, however, I will say I want to see and do everything!

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Considering the only game I've 100% is Red Dead Redemption I doubt it. I don't tend to go back and hunt for collectables and what not in a lot of games.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I haven't done any research on how huge the world will be, but I probably came nowhere close to discovering all locations in Oblivion so it's doubtful I'll do it here.
Will play it like crazy though.

Or did you mean trophies/achievements?

Hell yes I'm gonna platinum that baby.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
TheKasp said:
To 100% this game would imply that I care about the main plot. No TES game has actually ever get me hooked up on the plot. Nearly every time I stopped caring about it after the third quest and started enjoying the pure freedom I have in those games.

And to be honest, I predict that the plot will be stupid and full of cliches like nearly every RPG nowadays. You are the chosen one, not only because you can save the game but also because you are dragonborn... *sigh*... When will we get a RPG where you have to PROVE that you are special? Think of Ultima4, you had to prove that you are the avatar by living the virtues. You could be a dick but to finish the game you had to act like this figure you are supposed to be in nearly every modern RPG. You had to act like a hero, not running into peoples homes and loot everything they have.
Wind Waker: The Gods didn't really bother with Link until he proved himself worthy.

Kingdom Hearts: Riku is the chosen one, not Sora.

Tales of Symphonia/Legendia/Abyss/Vesperia: Play Vesperia. Just do it.

The R:1 .hack// games: The actual chosen one dies (Well, goes into a coma) and you replace them.

Grandia I and III: MC is just some kid who gets into other people's business.

Last Scenario: Your character is just some army dude. Go figure.

Chrono Trigger: Chrono and friends were just putzing around until they found out that there would be an Apocalypse. Then they decided to stop it, all on their own.

Rondo of Swords: You're the chosen one's body double. The real chosen one died, so you take his place. Sadly, only the chosen one can use the holy sword...and it ain't you.

The Longest Journey: Your job is actually to find the chosen one, you aren't them.

Septerra Core: The chosen one is actually the main antagonist of the story. The main character isn't special in anyway. She just decided that killing people isn't how Septerra's savoir should act and went out to stop him.

Mass Effect 1: Shepard was just in the right place at the right time. Nothing special about him/her.

Evil Island: The main character is said to be the chosen one, but that's actually a lie to keep him in check.

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim: Adol is the chosen one, but he wasn't chosen to be the chosen one by virtue of being the chosen one. He'd killed so many of the Dark Gods that people decided he had to be the chosen one.

Shall I continue?

OT: I've never 100%'d anything and I sure as heck ain't gonna start now.

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
No. I will play and enjoy it, doing my own thing. I loathe trophies and achievements in game, since they are 90% of the time, just an artificial way to prolong the game's play time.

I probably played more Morrowind than it's healthy, and I'm pretty sure I was not even close to 100% it. Which is good, since I still play this gem, to this day.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Fuck yes I want to do that.

I'm most proud of 100%ing Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. God DAMN that was fun.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Fuck yeah! I'm going to play authentically first, then on a second play-through try to hit absolutely every percent in the game completion.