APB Artist Sets Up New Companies

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
He'll have to compete with giants like Massive Black Inc., but if he manages to kick off those companies successfully, I just be applying a few years from now. I wouldn't limit it to games, though. Massive Black became so successful because it didn't limit itself to games, it works with WotC, Tor books, films and various other concept art and illustration related-things. In addition, they have ConceptArt.org where they offer courses etc. I'd highly recommend that these companies not just stick to a manifesto of "High quality art for games", branch out.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm not sure how well being an artist translates into being the chief of two art companies, but I will say that Jimmy O'Ready's work on APB was exceptional. APB's customization system has utterly spoiled me for any other game's attempt at it now.

Here's to wishing him good luck. *raises a slice of pizza*

mikozero said:
it's not a very nice place. infamously they charge you to get out of the "city" (the only real route out is huge road bridge with a toll)
I was halfheartedly considering defending New Jersey against the earlier comparison (I'm a Jersey boy myself) until I read this. It's true- every toll plaza I've seen in Jersey was on roads leading OUT of the state. To quote Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson in The Long Kiss Goodnight:

"Easy, sport. I got myself outta Beirut once, I think I can get outta New Jersey."
"Yeah? Well, don't be so sure. Others have tried and failed. The entire population, in fact."

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
SushiJaguar said:
Bugger it that Crackdown 3 will never happen either. See, this is where I could go on a huge rant and completely denounce the economy and hopefully make it realise how fucked up it is, but I won't. I feel no urge to light my cigarette on the flame populace.
Ruffian Games are still around. Sure, they screwed up Crackdown 2, but they're still around.