Apocalypse Lane: Episode 26: Friendship and Cat Crap

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Episode 26: Friendship and Cat Crap

Cuddles does whatever it takes to prove to Steve he's sorry.

Watch Video

Feb 13, 2008
Making Monty Python sound disgusting? You've obviously never heard the "Medical Love Song".

(No links but it's easy to find. See how may STDs you can name.)

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Monty Python Referenz awesome.

expected some more mileage out of Big Pete before you killed him off....or is he going to be put through a string of near death experinces while we all wonder how hes eventually gonna die!

great fun good episode guys......

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Oh my God, they killed Big Pete! I totally did not see that coming.
I liked Steve saying that it was obvious who Big Pete really was. It was actually quite obvious when you think about it but I guess I wasn't really paying much attention in the first episode.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
so do we now refer to the pilot to see what happens next?, i'm hoping there's more actually

Keep up the great work!!

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
lol..i think it was Hickey's Lullyby xP..echormoprh..
and good ep as usual ^^.. Jon..looking forward to next..

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
Too many laugh-out-loud moments to pick a favorite, but Stinky's STFU was epically timed.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Blanks said:
so do we now refer to the pilot to see what happens next?, i'm hoping there's more actually

Keep up the great work!!
Yep. Next weeks episode will be the season finale. It will take place immediately after the pilot episode. We will then have a two week break before you will see a new episode. Season two will be an entirely new adventure for the gang. :)

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Jonh, the way you have managed to link all the episodes of this series is insane, I doff my hat to your genius sir!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Having Marty say "Oh no you didn't" made me laugh so much it almost hurt.

Keep up the awesome work.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
not as "cant breath, uncontrollable drooling, pain all over, loosing my balance" fun as the others, but alot of plots resolved and no cliffhanger, heck it was brilliant as always, but now im worried that next weeks episode will just be the first episode again.

overtone said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PETE!!!!!!!!!!!

ill avenge you!
how?, by beating up a poorly constructed roof?

Distorted Stu said:
A slighty disturbing, happy ending with no cliffhangers (well, the gang thing is still in the air..)
and the power of the NES, am i the only one curious about why the president would launch a stealth attack in order to get his hands on that?

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
johnman said:
Jonh, the way you have managed to link all the episodes of this series is insane, I doff my hat to your genius sir!
So far the one where Cuddles and Steve got swallowed by that giant mutant hasn't tied in with the rest of the series yet. I'm curious about whther it will be relevant next week.

Stabby McRunfast

Oct 23, 2009
I would seriously rather watch this than some of adult swim's stuff. There is actually a plot with twists and great humor. Jon I hope you don't leave the escapist anytime soon.

"Oh yeah, do it slow!"

DazZ.

Jun 4, 2009
That was awesome, but I don't want to wait that long for season 2.

I'm happy Cuddles is back, all episodes need more cuddles.

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
I never grow tire of this and I'm certainly making the most of it.
It's great things like this that go on for a long time but once they finish you just want more D:

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Tempest Fennac said:
johnman said:
So far the one where Cuddles and Steve got swallowed by that giant mutant hasn't tied in with the rest of the series yet. I'm curious about whther it will be relevant next week.
true, forgot about that episode

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
Do you think Big Pete is really dead? Can't we get another episode outa him... maybe? That would be nice. Just one more... sniff.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
I can't believe I doubt that the season finally was going to be epic ... Since AP started I really liked it's originality and it's weird twisted lol like humour which made me a fan but with each new episode Jon never ceases to amaze me and I mean NEVER. I doubt that the last 3 episodes could be outmatched but Cuddles eating his own shit...pure GOLD + the STFW moment at the end pure genius. Too bad Pete had to die :(

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
could you imagine if big pete wakes up... hehe frickin holes in his stomach... kinda like the madworld lose 20 pounds diet.

"beep...beep...beep...beeeeeeeeep", "Hickey shut the F*** up"..... ah classic line.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Blanks said:

Keep up the great work!!
Yep. Next weeks episode will be the season finale. It will take place immediately after the pilot episode. We will then have a two week break before you will see a new episode. Season two will be an entirely new adventure for the gang. :)
Big Pete was an awesome character I hope you find a way to bring him back, but I ndo realise that will be hard given the eating him think.

Maybe a South Park type think (Cartman drinks Kenny's ashes thinking it's chocolate milk mix and then gets possesed by Kenny) could be used to brink him back.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Distorted Stu said:
A slighty disturbing, happy ending with no cliffhangers (well, the gang thing is still in the air..)
Don't forget about the vault or should I say the fishing hole. By the way Jon, are the fish bitin.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Gonna miss Big Pete.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Just as you think something in the plot is about to be wrapped up, another layer is added! I love it! We'll miss you Pete, you fat SOB! *sniff*

Steve sure is getting upstaged by what is basically a shoulder tumor haha!

Aug 30, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Way to spoil a dramatic moment in the show, but thats why i love and respect you John! :D
So season twos coming up, mind spilling out at least one new character if there is one?

Aug 30, 2009
Hamster at Dawn said:
Oh my God, they killed Big Pete! I totally did not see that coming.
I liked Steve saying that it was obvious who Big Pete really was. It was actually quite obvious when you think about it but I guess I wasn't really paying much attention in the first episode.
As someone from south park would say,
"OH MY GOD ,YOU KILLED BIG PETE!"
"YOU BASTARDS!"

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Fallenangel157 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Way to spoil a dramatic moment in the show, but thats why i love and respect you John! :D
So season twos coming up, mind spilling out at least one new character if there is one?
Hmmm... yeah I'll mention a new character. We're going to meet Rico, who was briefly mentioned in a previous episode. (He was the one on the phone with Obama)

Aug 30, 2009
swaki said:
not as "cant breath, uncontrollable drooling, pain all over, loosing my balance" fun as the others, but alot of plots resolved and no cliffhanger, heck it was brilliant as always, but now im worried that next weeks episode will just be the first episode again.

overtone said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PETE!!!!!!!!!!!

ill avenge you!
how?, by beating up a poorly constructed roof?

Distorted Stu said:
and the power of the NES, am i the only one curious about why the president would launch a stealth attack in order to get his hands on that?
It's probably like the G.E.C.K. in fall out 3.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
nathan-dts said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Blanks said:

Keep up the great work!!
Big Pete was an awesome character I hope you find a way to bring him back, but I ndo realise that will be hard given the eating him think.

Maybe a South Park type think (Cartman drinks Kenny's ashes thinking it's chocolate milk mix and then gets possesed by Kenny) could be used to brink him back.
i'm going to call that big pete went into the bunker and was somehow cloned....

Orhid

Apr 14, 2009
I almost cried, realy realy amazing. Big Pete's death though even if expected was sure suprising and sudden.

Although i will say this "DAMN YOU JON ETHERIDGE! DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME WAIT A WEEK FOR CONCLUSION TO THE AMAZING STORY". I hate you and admire you at the same time.

PS: The real question that remains is "What will happen, to the roof"

Evilproduct

Oct 25, 2009
Well, that's the end of that story arc. Guess now theres just the Vault and Gladys' crazy attempts to rebuild Steve's roof. something tells me Gladys wont survive to the end of the series. I hope Knifefight comes back. That Vulture's kinda cool too.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Awesome monty python reference.
Also BIG PETE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I was beginning to like him.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Big Pete, you will be missed. Also, he never told anyone the password to get into the vault!

Great episode. It's a good sign when a bit character that everyone knew was going to die dies and people are still sad about it.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Jon, the way I'm looking at this you owe me about $3.50, I went to the fridge to grab a carton of Orange Juice, while pouring it out I looked over to the mirror to look at the video while it was playing to see Stinky telling Hickey to shut up because he was doing the flat-noise. I dropped my orange juice carton on the floor and it drenched my sock because I was laughing so hard.

Sock, 50 cents
Orange Juice, 3.00
Apocalypse Lane, Pricless.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Now I wonder where does the story go from here. Now that the secret of the vault died with Big Pete, what´s gonna happen next?

deathshadow391

Dec 24, 2008
Huh I just started re watching a lot of the first episodes. They mention a lot of the characters from the more recent episodes. Does anybody know when the episodes switched to the past?

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm glad Cuddles and Steve are back; their reunion was nice.

And Big Pete's dying scene was actually kind of sad...until Stinky told Hickey to shut the fuck up.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
Wow, I didn't see that coming (Well, we all sorta' did.....but not so soon).

Anyways, it was pure genius, possibly the best episode yet. Keep up the good work.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" "Hickey man, will u knock it the f*&k off!" lolol my sides were hurting!

lightning38

Jul 14, 2009
kenne88 said:
hey uh guys just windering is this the prequil to episode 1
ya all this was before the pilot so technically were about to get the first episode

plus ive seen that episode where steve and cuddles get eaten get mentioned a few times and that just doesn't fit in anywhere thus far but should be resolved soon ...maybe

initialdelay

Sep 29, 2009
The comic timing in this ep was genius as always, some nice melodramatic moments too for a change! Can't remember if Steve's growth has a name but it's come out with some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in a cartoon

EDIT: Fucking hell I must be tired, Marty of course

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
hilarious, i think this show is getting better and better the more i watch it.
Steve's tumor (or "growth") is so damn funny.
I hope apocalypse lane keeps going for sure

mmkorn22

Jul 28, 2009
Watching Pete die made me sad. I didn't even really like Pete, but for some reason, the slow fade got to me... wow... I'm actually sad about a poorly animated character on a web series dying... that speaks volume to the quality of your show and its plot.

You rock, Jon. I mean it. I love Apocalypse Lane.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
Big Pete might come back to life, my favorite part is how Steve decides to forgive cuddles though his crap can't be too bad since big worms turns it into cookies

Lady Lovett

Jun 1, 2009
No AL for two weeks after the Season Finale?
Fffffffffuuuu-- D:

Anyway, another great episode. The Monty Python reference made me lol XD

ManStapler

Jul 13, 2009
Did any one else notice that Big Pete's Funeral was like the first episode? So was this all just memories? Weeeeiird.

Garaw

Sep 22, 2009
I'm going to make the call that Big Pete is not dead.

Just because Hickey makes morbid little flatlining noises every time he falls asleep doesn't make it so! And BP waking up in a pine box after the pilot can be easily explained in a cartoon where cats play kazoos and geckos anally fist zombies.

That being said, Apocalypse Lane has really grown on me. It took me a long time to get around to watching it on The Escapist, but I'm glad I did. Good work on keeping it entertaining.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, you actually managed to insert a Monty Python reference and a Friday reference in the same episode, and less then a minute apart I might add.

Unbelievable. This show is a shining citadel of win in the land of the interwebs.

stopitstupid

Jun 19, 2009
ManStapler said:
Did any one else notice that Big Pete's Funeral was like the first episode? So was this all just memories? Weeeeiird.
magicmonkeybars said:
some kind of time loop ?
We found that out back when Humongoid told Cuddles what his real name was.

AvsJoe

May 28, 2009
Noooo!!! Big Pete can't die!

[sup]... well, not yet anyway ... back to the reply ...[/sup]

It was just a bump on the noggin, right? Right? C'mon, I don't want to have to wait until next week until this gets resolved!

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
Well that kinda sucked :/ Poor Big Pete... I wonder if anyone else will figure out where the Vault is...

Oh well o.o

Nice that you can still end it on a hilarious note though XP I just hope we don't have to go through anymore time-looping mind-fucks though. Although well done, it kinda hurt the brain trying to fit everything in chronologically x-X

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
So, even though it will be a new adventure the familiars like the gamerz, frank, Obama, exc... Will still be involved

colonyl3x18999

Nov 26, 2009
What has wondering now is that poker night episode it self is before the big pete "season", cause cuddles and everyone else would have know about knife fight at the poker table. So this is another story line, besides the monster date one(feeling ties in with what destroyed the gamerz IMO), possible the vault story line as well.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Whatever the hell's wrong with Hickey, I'm sure they make pills for it...
...well, the use too.