Apparently COD is a children's game?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
Kafka Torkarev said:
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
Did you really need an external source to learn that Cod is a game played mostly by children under the age of 3.334 years of age?
no, i needed it to prove to OTHER PEOPLE that its played mostly by children. if you'd look back on any of my comments you'd see that i actually have a strong hatred for COD and have tried MANY times to show how childish and immature it is and how it is harming the industry.
That article doesn't have any statistics to show that it's played mostly by children. It has nothing to show the number of child player versus the number or teenage and adult players. It's nothing more than "Why I think kids like CoD", and it even says so when it says:
So why is it that kids love -- or at least respect -- Call of Duty? How is it that they've even played these games? Aren't they rated M for mature?

Here are a few theories.
OT: People enjoy the game because it's fun. There's no deeply rooted reason. It's fun. It's the same reason people(of all age groups) like video games in general.

We can't just let people enjoy what they enjoy. There always has to be the better person/game.
"The games I play are better than the games you play because the games you play are only populated by 300 billion children and fat nerds that live in their parents basement."

Haters gonna hate and what-not.

Jyggalag

Jan 21, 2011
JacobShaftoe said:
Jyggalag said:
JacobShaftoe said:
Jyggalag said:
It's simple, mature,and competitive. Is it really such a surprise?
How did you get, let alone find, no less than three mutually exclusive terms in one sentence? I MUST KNOW!!!
My head? I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Nevermind, it was a joke. I just come from a place where simple, mature and competitive are mutually exclusive terms, at least when applied to a game. A simple game is hardly mature, a mature game hardly needs competition, and if that competition is simple then it's not very competative, at least from my perspective.
The gameplay concept is more or less simple: Shoot or be shot. There are many techniques that can increase your chances of survival or your kill:death ratio, but children can easily pick up the concept. The game's contents are indeed mature. You're killing people. It's a war. There is much bloodshed. The multiplayer involves competition, does it not? It's appealing for it's simplicity, maturity, and competition.

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
In one of todays Cracked articles (http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-crucial-lessons-learned-by-watching-kids-play-video-games) a father mention (briefly) that his kids seem to enjoy COD because the game is always shouting at you to go here or do that (Ramirez.....!) it works better than say a mission briefing with reading or a cutscene.

Also it's very action/decision = immediate reaction game.